R&L | A Suggestion for R & L

Wow freightgal, they really have you brainwashed. A small price to pay? I have never heard of a driver buying his own equipment to move freight, why not just carry it in 1 ctn at a time, it pay's hourly, right. If they really care about there employees, they would furnish them with all equipment to do there job.
If you don't work here then it shouldn't matter to you now should it. All companies have something they do that we may not agree with and if you feel that strongly about your disagreement then don't work there :smilie_132:

The only drivers who seem to have a problem will R&L drivers buying their own pallet jacks, is drivers who don't work here. As I have said in the past, I PREFER to own my own equipment... If you don't like the fact that we buy our own equipment, please don't apply here.. Your attitude would not be welcome here. I believe the ownership at R&L weed out alot of bad drivers right at the start, the ones who will not commit to buying this equipment do not come to work here. Good, go somewhere else and work....Throw away a $65000.00 a year job over a few hundred dollars in equipment...You sound smart to me..:biglaugh:

65,000 ?

The only drivers who seem to have a problem will R&L drivers buying their own pallet jacks, is drivers who don't work here. As I have said in the past, I PREFER to own my own equipment... If you don't like the fact that we buy our own equipment, please don't apply here.. Your attitude would not be welcome here. I believe the ownership at R&L weed out alot of bad drivers right at the start, the ones who will not commit to buying this equipment do not come to work here. Good, go somewhere else and work....Throw away a $65000.00 a year job over a few hundred dollars in equipment...You sound smart to me..:biglaugh:

you do know that it is illegal to work 100 hrs a week......from what i know about R +L that is a real stretch on earnings.... lets try to keep it realistic here:toxic:...no overtime, limited hours by law.....if you want to be takin seriously you have to state all facts not just the ones you think are important...maybe your linehaul instead and then why would you need a pallet jack, maybe you have to purchase the trailer or maybe a gear or two:biglaugh:

boyscout... Simple math puts several drivers over 70k a year at our barn. 50 hours a week and short extra on the weeknend and they are their. Not sure what think you know about R + L but your wrong.

what about the resorts?i know i've lost 4 handtrucks either out the back by talking to a cust.too long and forgetting to shut the door or by leaving it behind somewhere by getting in too much of a hurry.i highly doubt that they would have kept me on had i not bought these myself.besides now when i have something to move from home i now have a pallet jack and dolly of my own to use.and if i do ever leave i can sell it to another employee and make a little parting dough.besides the shop maintains all our equipment that we purchase through the company for free.

you do know that it is illegal to work 100 hrs a week......from what i know about R +L that is a real stretch on earnings.... lets try to keep it realistic here:toxic:...no overtime, limited hours by law.....if you want to be takin seriously you have to state all facts not just the ones you think are important...maybe your linehaul instead and then why would you need a pallet jack, maybe you have to purchase the trailer or maybe a gear or two:biglaugh:
That's about what I made last year, and certainly not by working 100 hours a week.

Granted, about 3 g's of that was weekend linehauls though.

i know i've lost 4 handtrucks either out the back by talking to a cust.too long and forgetting to shut the door or by leaving it behind somewhere by getting in too much of a hurry.

Strap it to the wall, driver. I do that simply because I don't like my equipment getting beat to death.

Thankfully I don't have that problem. I drop the stuff and I run.

Did you go to Government schools??? 50 hours a week gets you about $60,000 a year..:hysterical:

the guys in the shop have to pay for their own tools to do their job,,so a pallet jack and hand truck are cheap compared to the tools we have to buy, i will buy the pallet jack and someone else :1036316054:can buy our tools for us

the guys in the shop have to pay for their own tools to do their job,,so a pallet jack and hand truck are cheap compared to the tools we have to buy, i will buy the pallet jack and someone else :1036316054:can buy our tools for us

Well said!!! I never thought about it that way.

Do the math and your wrong. Top pay I believe is just over $24.00/hr. X's 50 hrs/week x's 50 weeks per year is $60K. Now that is +/-, but get a good year, extra runs and bonus, not a problem.

Do the math and your wrong. Top pay I believe is just over $24.00/hr. X's 50 hrs/week x's 50 weeks per year is $60K. Now that is +/-, but get a good year, extra runs and bonus, not a problem.

I guess if there is only 50 weeks in someone’s year they would be willing to buy a pallet jack and dolly!! I guess they only get 50 paychecks also!! What we don’t know won’t kill us!!!:biglaugh:

Well what I know about R&L could fit in a ants a$$!! But I think they get paid very well in the city and line haul isn’t so great!! From what I have heard if you lock up the brakes and put a flat spot on the tires they have to pay for them!! Correct me if I am wrong but you know some rumors are true!!

Well what I know about R&L could fit in a ants a$$!! But I think they get paid very well in the city and line haul isn’t so great!! From what I have heard if you lock up the brakes and put a flat spot on the tires they have to pay for them!! Correct me if I am wrong but you know some rumors are true!!

I have never heard of any drivers paying for flat spotted tires, and I have been around for 13 years...:biglaugh:

I have never heard of any drivers paying for flat spotted tires, and I have been around for 13 years...:biglaugh:

Well darn I was hoping that was true!! Maybe if someone in R&L upper management will read my post and think that’s a great idea!! If they can get you guys to buy dollies and pallet jacks tires can’t be that big of a stretch!!:1036316054: