ABF | ABF Agreement: Monday, May 20!

You are a juvenile. Typical.

C'mon stoney...you can do way better than that...of all the times you threw your little silly temper tantrums on here and this is all you got left...there are so many members on here that overlook you and your BS because they realize that you are just a crybaby and not worth getting into it with which I respect...but I can't help myself because I despise whining crying pieces of crap like yourself!

Take it to PM guys... you are ******* up the thread with this BS

Generally, when you look at a broad spectrum of companies that are in the same business you see what consistent problems they all have. Then when you look some of the largest companies in that sector the numbers are mind boggling. From the UPS 10K annual report:

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES

MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND

RESULTS OF OPERATIONS

Adjusted benefits expense increased $444 million in 2012 compared with 2011, primarily due to higher pension expense, increased health and welfare costs and changes in the expense associated with our self-insurance for workers' compensation claims, as follows:

Adjusted pension expense increased $200 million in 2012 compared with 2011, due to higher union contribution rates for multiemployer pension plans combined with increased service and interest costs for company-sponsored plans. The increase in service and interest costs for company-sponsored plans was largely due to continued service accruals and lower discount rates.

Health and welfare costs increased $157 million in 2012 compared with 2011, largely due to higher medical claims and the impact of several provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.

The expense associated with our self-insurance programs for workers' compensation claims increased $60 million in 2012 compared with 2011. Insurance reserves are established for estimates of the loss that we will ultimately incur on reported workers' compensation claims, as well as estimates of claims that have been incurred but not reported. Insurance reserves also take into account a number of factors including our history of claim losses, payroll growth and the impact of safety improvement initiatives. The increase in expense in 2012 was largely impacted by increased payroll estimates, changes in state workers' compensation laws, and medical inflation.

Generally, when you look at a broad spectrum of companies that are in the same business you see what consistent problems they all have. Then when you look some of the largest companies in that sector the numbers are mind boggling. From the UPS 10K annual report:

RESULTS OF OPERATIONS

Adjusted benefits expense increased $444 million in 2012 compared with 2011, primarily due to higher pension expense, increased health and welfare costs and changes in the expense associated with our self-insurance for workers' compensation claims, as follows:

Adjusted pension expense increased $200 million in 2012 compared with 2011, due to higher union contribution rates for multiemployer pension plans combined with increased service and interest costs for company-sponsored plans. The increase in service and interest costs for company-sponsored plans was largely due to continued service accruals and lower discount rates.

Health and welfare costs increased $157 million in 2012 compared with 2011, largely due to higher medical claims and the impact of several provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.

The expense associated with our self-insurance programs for workers' compensation claims increased $60 million in 2012 compared with 2011. Insurance reserves are established for estimates of the loss that we will ultimately incur on reported workers' compensation claims, as well as estimates of claims that have been incurred but not reported. Insurance reserves also take into account a number of factors including our history of claim losses, payroll growth and the impact of safety improvement initiatives. The increase in expense in 2012 was largely impacted by increased payroll estimates, changes in state workers' compensation laws, and medical inflation.

So what has this got to do with ABF and besides UPS's profits are still in the billions.. bad example

RESULTS OF OPERATIONS

I'll ask you once again...and your point being?

And how does this effect you?

You really are a desperate man...aren't you...lol

That's right...I wanted to verify that you actually were one...not just claiming to be...but you have a problem with that...don't you? It wasn't that one sentence...it was the fact that he led you around by the nose and finally getting you to admit that one sentence...why is it so hard for you to admit that fact? You are the one that was made a fool by management...get over it!

And if you couldn't tell what he was trying to accomplish by what he was spouting off in his posts...then maybe you should serious think about resigning that position you seemingly are so proud of...just saying...

I have no problem with verifying to you that I am a steward, but when I did this you acted like I was placing myself above you which I was not doing. Just so you know, I made a similar statement to Judy, Wes, and R.Y. III back in 2010 when they were asking for concessions. I pointed out in our meeting some of the area's that they were wasting money and said that they should fix their in house problems before they come to us asking for concessions. By the way, have you got that proof for me yet that Go4gold is indeed ABF management? Or how about the information about ABF's operational changes that you told me to ask my terminal manager about. I would still rather have you tell me the information on this that you must have gotten from your terminal manager (don't need the details on how you got it). And, I am not a desperate man, I am just enjoying our little debate we are having and I am sure it is very entertaining for everyone following it.

Take it to PM guys... you are ******* up the thread with this BS

Jeff, I appologize if I am the one ****** up this thread. If I have anymore comments to make I will PM docker. You have to admit though, it is entertaining reading. Have a great day and docker, you have a great day as well.

I have no problem with verifying to you that I am a steward, but when I did this you acted like I was placing myself above you which I was not doing. Just so you know, I made a similar statement to Judy, Wes, and R.Y. III back in 2010 when they were asking for concessions. I pointed out in our meeting some of the area's that they were wasting money and said that they should fix their in house problems before they come to us asking for concessions. By the way, have you got that proof for me yet that Go4gold is indeed ABF management? Or how about the information about ABF's operational changes that you told me to ask my terminal manager about. I would still rather have you tell me the information on this that you must have gotten from your terminal manager (don't need the details on how you got it). And, I am not a desperate man, I am just enjoying our little debate we are having and I am sure it is very entertaining for everyone following it.

It's a little thing called common sense Steward...just what do you call it when go4gold (just the name should give you a heads up) comes strutting on here not claiming to be anyone but trying to convince us all that ABF needs relief? Ask yourself...what motive could he possibly have if he was who he claimed...a nobody? Papajohn and myself called him on it right away...but what do you do...you go right along with him and play his game and now you wonder why I made the remarks that I did and trying to justify your actions. Out of us three...guess what...it was you...the union steward that played along with what that fool was trying to get accomplished.So...you may end up convincing yourself that your actions were justified but you will never convince me...so why bother? I thought you didn't care what I thought anyway?

Now...as for the rumor and that is what I will have to call it because you know that it can not be verified at this moment but It has been rumored that many network changes are in the works including the closing and the consolidation of around 25 terminals targeting around the Chicago area... out west and in the east... and will be implemented soon after the contract is ratified. It looks like the company is counting the chickens before the eggs are hatched. What was it that they threatened us with back in December... that's right... if they don't get the concessions that they want... there will be some major network changes coming...like many have stated before...if the company was planning on major network changes..they will be followed through...with or without a concessionary contract.

So what has this got to do with ABF and besides UPS's profits are still in the billions.. bad example

I'll ask you once again...and your point being?

And how does this effect you?

It is relevant to ALL ABF employees. You two don't think that ABF announced their intention to terminate the non-union pension was related to COST! Of course maybe Judy just feels there aren't enough disgruntled non-union employees.

Jeff, I appologize if I am the one ****** up this thread. If I have anymore comments to make I will PM docker. You have to admit though, it is entertaining reading. Have a great day and docker, you have a great day as well.

Jeff don't mean you Steward of the Rock...that was directed at stoney and myself...and justly so!

It's a little thing called common sense Steward...just what do you call it when go4gold (just the name should give you a heads up) comes strutting on here not claiming to be anyone but trying to convince us all that ABF needs relief? Ask yourself...what motive could he possibly have if he was who he claimed...a nobody? Papajohn and myself called him on it right away...but what do you do...you go right along with him and play his game and now you wonder why I made the remarks that I did and trying to justify your actions. Out of us three...guess what...it was you...the union steward that played along with what that fool was trying to get accomplished.So...you may end up convincing yourself that your actions were justified but you will never convince me...so why bother? I thought you didn't care what I thought anyway?

Now...as for the rumor and that is what I will have to call it because you know that it can not be verified at this moment but It has been rumored that many network changes are in the works including the closing and the consolidation of around 25 terminals targeting around the Chicago area... out west and in the east... and will be implemented soon after the contract is ratified. It looks like the company is counting the chickens before the eggs are hatched. What was it that they threatened us with back in December... that's right... if they don't get the concessions that they want... there will be some major network changes coming...like many have stated before...if the company was planning on major network changes..they will be followed through...with or without a concessionary contract.

Jeff has called us out and told us to take this to PM. So feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this anymore so that this thread can get back on topic. Also, don't take anything that I said personal. Man, I am sure going to miss having this debate with you. You have to admit it was fun. Have a great day Docker !!!

It is relevant to ALL ABF employees. You two don't think that ABF announced their intention to terminate the non-union pension was related to COST! Of course maybe Judy just feels there aren't enough disgruntled non-union employees.

Just where do you get off telling me just what is and what isn't relevant to ABF employees? I don't see you posting about being all upset after all the sacrifices that you and your YRC Brothers made...that Welch slaps you right between the eyes. It should be relevant that you begin screaming about now getting your wages and benefits back!!!! How's that for relevancy?

From the ODFL 10K. This helps people understand why ABFS is losing market share. If you can't build sales you can't keep up with rising costs. I would guess the cost of negotiating a contract cost more than the executives make at ABFS.

"The unionization of our employees could have a material adverse effect on our business, financial condition and results of operations because:
some shippers have indicated that they intend to limit their use of unionized trucking companies because of the threat of strikes and other work stoppages;

restrictive work rules could hamper our efforts to improve and sustain operating efficiency;

restrictive work rules could impair our service reputation and limit our ability to provide next-day services;

a strike or work stoppage would negatively impact our profitability and could damage customer and employee relationships; and

an election and bargaining process could divert management’s time and attention from our overall objectives and impose significant expenses."

Jeff has called us out and told us to take this to PM. So feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this anymore so that this thread can get back on topic. Also, don't take anything that I said personal. Man, I am sure going to miss having this debate with you. You have to admit it was fun. Have a great day Docker !!!

Don't worry...I don't take anything personal Steward of the Rock...I hope you didn't either...I just think that it's essential that we state exactly how we feel...then go from there...that's how problems get solved...or not...lol

You can PM me anytime too...and have a great day and hold down the fort up there in Little Rock.

From the ODFL 10K. This helps people understand why ABFS is losing market share. If you can't build sales you can't keep up with rising costs. I would guess the cost of negotiating a contract cost more than the executives make at ABFS.

"The unionization of our employees could have a material adverse effect on our business, financial condition and results of operations because:
some shippers have indicated that they intend to limit their use of unionized trucking companies because of the threat of strikes and other work stoppages;

restrictive work rules could hamper our efforts to improve and sustain operating efficiency;

restrictive work rules could impair our service reputation and limit our ability to provide next-day services;

a strike or work stoppage would negatively impact our profitability and could damage customer and employee relationships; and

an election and bargaining process could divert management’s time and attention from our overall objectives and impose significant expenses."

Why don't you post the salary and benefit increases...stock awards and bonuses of all ABC corporate since coming for our pay cut in 2010? How about also posting how they purchased Albert and Panther since coming after our wages too?