ABF | ABF Agreement: Monday, May 20!

There are some on these message boards that are fixated on executive salaries. Why they would be, shows you can't see the forest because of the trees, at times. While being fixated on a mere $3 million in total compensation they are missing the big picture of $2.1 billion in expenses that exceed sales/revenue. I randomly picked 9 trucking companies and totaled the top five executive's total compensation of each company for 2012 as stated on the DEF14A of each company. By the way, ABFS has the lowest paid group of executives and it just went lower because they eliminated their own annual pension compensation.
FDX $39,717,645
UPS $26,610,637
CNW $11,136,505
ODFL $11,099,534
JBHT $10,099,836
YRCW $6,957,323
WERN $6,631,025
SWFT $4,080,905
ABFS $3,190,390

There are some on these message boards that are fixated on executive salaries. Why they would be, shows you can't see the forest because of the trees, at times. While being fixated on a mere $3 million in total compensation they are missing the big picture of $2.1 billion in expenses that exceed sales/revenue. I randomly picked 9 trucking companies and totaled the top five executive's total compensation of each company for 2012 as stated on the DEF14A of each company. By the way, ABFS has the lowest paid group of executives and it just went lower because they eliminated their own annual pension compensation.
FDX $39,717,645
UPS $26,610,637
CNW $11,136,505
ODFL $11,099,534
JBHT $10,099,836
YRCW $6,957,323
WERN $6,631,025
SWFT $4,080,905
ABFS $3,190,390

We do not work for those companies...do we? Are you saying that is why our company is coming after our concessions...they want what their peers get?

He is just a little miss priss...lol

C'mon stoney...give me the go ahead to post that article so everyone can see what a sniveling little pos looks like...lol

Why does it matter? Show your pic , real name, home address, S.S. number, home and cell number, blood type, shoe size, then maybe just maybe I'll give you permission.

Your right Docker, If I did what he has done I would not want anybody to know about it either!!!!!!!!!

By the way, would you guys keep saying your going to vote no on the contract. It seems to be helping the YRCW stock price. Thanks!

By the way, would you guys keep saying your going to vote no on the contract. It seems to be helping the YRCW stock price. Thanks!

C'mon...you can do better than that...start posting that BS like you were posting yesterday...lol

And tell us the real reason you are here!

I'll post it the same same...how about that?

And I'll have you banned. Your showing your colors Docker. And they aren't pretty.

Again, I'm not ashamed of going to that rally as am opposing voice. I just don't want my name and pic on here. You can't respect that?

And I'll have you banned. Your showing your colors Docker. And they aren't pretty.

Again, I'm not ashamed of going to that rally as am opposing voice. I just don't want my name and pic on here. You can't respect that?

LOL...what's the matter stoney...showing your true colors...lol

Sorry gold I don't make 3 mill a year to make bad choices. But they want my little change so they get more ....na bite me .and I don't care if they are paid less then conjob or **** ex or festies. All I care about is abf .....u get raises we get less think not..

From the UPS 10K annual report.

Employee health and retiree health and pension benefit costs represent a significant expense to us.

With approximately 399,000 employees, including approximately 323,000 in the U.S., our expenses relating to employee health and retiree health and pension benefits are significant. In recent years, we have experienced significant increases in certain of these costs, largely as a result of economic factors beyond our control, including, in particular, ongoing increases in health care costs well in excess of the rate of inflation and the decreasing trend of discount rates in which we use to value our pension liabilities. Continued increasing health care costs, volatility in investment returns and discount rates, as well as changes in laws, regulations and assumptions used to calculate retiree health and pension benefit expenses, may adversely affect our business, financial position, results of operations or require significant contributions to our pension plans.

We participate in a number of trustee-managed multiemployer pension and health and welfare plans for employees covered under collective bargaining agreements. Several factors could cause us to make significantly higher future contributions to these plans, including unfavorable investment performance, increases in health care costs, changes in demographics and increased benefits to participants. At this time, we are unable to determine the amount of additional future contributions, if any, or whether any material adverse effect on our financial condition, results of operations or liquidity could result from our participation in these plans.

From the UPS 10K annual report.

Employee health and retiree health and pension benefit costs represent a significant expense to us.

With approximately 399,000 employees, including approximately 323,000 in the U.S., our expenses relating to employee health and retiree health and pension benefits are significant. In recent years, we have experienced significant increases in certain of these costs, largely as a result of economic factors beyond our control, including, in particular, ongoing increases in health care costs well in excess of the rate of inflation and the decreasing trend of discount rates in which we use to value our pension liabilities. Continued increasing health care costs, volatility in investment returns and discount rates, as well as changes in laws, regulations and assumptions used to calculate retiree health and pension benefit expenses, may adversely affect our business, financial position, results of operations or require significant contributions to our pension plans.

We participate in a number of trustee-managed multiemployer pension and health and welfare plans for employees covered under collective bargaining agreements. Several factors could cause us to make significantly higher future contributions to these plans, including unfavorable investment performance, increases in health care costs, changes in demographics and increased benefits to participants. At this time, we are unable to determine the amount of additional future contributions, if any, or whether any material adverse effect on our financial condition, results of operations or liquidity could result from our participation in these plans.

And your point? And just how does this effect you again?