ABF | ABF Global Supply Chain Services Adds South America to Coverage Area

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
FORT SMITH, Ark., Jan. 17, 2013 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay are now included in the expanding ocean transport portfolio of ABF Global Supply Chain Services. ABF Global is providing a single contact for full-container-load (FCL) and expedited less-than-container-load (LCL) supply chain solutions. Ocean transport for these South American countries is in addition to ABF Global's previously announced coverage in Europe and Asia.

"With an established presence in Europe, China, India and Southeast Asia countries, South America is a natural extension of our global coverage," said Carlos Martinez-Tomatis, ABF GSCS division vice president. "ABF Global now covers nearly 90 percent of the total ocean international market to and from the United States. Our goal is to reach 96 percent of the total import/export market, which we anticipate achieving before the end of 2013."

The provider's FCL transport solutions offer convenient and economical ocean transport with end-to-end visibility. ABF controls dedicated space on ships providing frequent service from and to all major worldwide ports. As a result, the company offers single-contact, expedited LCL/LTL solutions for customers who have international manufacturing centers or suppliers................

Read more here: ABF Global Supply Chain Services Adds South America to Coverage Area - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

I never picked anything up going to the aforementioned locations. Is there any of it? How do they get it moved?

Our "salesman"....who recently quit....had done a lot of selling for the various divisions of ABF Logistics. Far more for that, than for our LTL operation. He went to work for a large truckload carrier......probably because he was more familiar with that type of sales. Those are probably the divisions you need to look at for off-shore sales. My guess is they needed a South American connection so that the Relo Cubes could be loaded with cocaine and directly shipped into the U.S. Cuts out the middleman.....

I think it's sent to a freight forwarder near port and then it's loaded in a container.
Could be, and picked up by someone like me. I still have not seen any such shipment.

Could be, and picked up by someone like me. I still have not seen any such shipment.
Same here, never pick up such freight.... pssss may be you want to tell your salesforce about this abf....na forget it just another dumb truck driver running his mouth

Another ABF global video !

ABF Global Supply Chain at 2012 TMP Conference
Carlos Martinez-Tomatis, Division Vice President, ABF Global Supply Chain Services is interviewed by The Journal of Commerce at the 2012 Trans Pacific Maritime Conference.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the assets that are being put into the Global Supply Chain Services by ABF really benefit Panther Log. who supplies air and sea shipping which will grow it faster.

All the assets that are being put into the Global Supply Chain Services by ABF really benefit Panther Log. who supplies air and sea shipping which will grow it faster.
Maybe our contract should stipulate card check recognition for Panther. Then I could go Billy Big Riggin' union style.

Always wondered why our uniforms were made in Mexico. Just another part of the Global supply chain........We're not an American company anymore, and I guess we can't expect our Corporate management to worry about the American economy, and what Global Corporatists are doing to the economy of this nation by forcing all workers here to work for less, in spite of the prices continuously rising. The only Flag Globalists fly is one with a dollar sign on....or the franc.....or the remnimbi...or the yen....

A remnimbi? :shrug:

Sorry, Brother....that's what China is using as a monetary standard. They've de-valued the yuan (yen) as part of their money-manipulation program. They're down to the remnimbi, now. Equal value of about a half-cent U.S. Japan uses yen.

Sorry, Brother....that's what China is using as a monetary standard. They've de-valued the yuan (yen) as part of their money-manipulation program. They're down to the remnimbi, now. Equal value of about a half-cent U.S. Japan uses yen.

Hmm, remnimbi,.... I guess I better remember that. :(