ABF | ABF Lawsuit

doesn't mean much when coming from such a spineless turd.

What have you ever done to prove you're a real teamster? You voted no 2-3 times fool? You're the skinny guy at the beach that got sand kicked in your face. So now your saying: it's time we have a real union with real power fighting for us – the Teamsters Union!'
Fool | Define Fool at Dictionary.com
a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

What have you ever done to prove you're a real teamster? You voted no 2-3 times fool? You're the skinny guy at the beach that got sand kicked in your face. So now your saying: it's time we have a real union with real power fighting for us – the Teamsters Union!'
Fool | Define Fool at Dictionary.com
a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

Great grandfather, grandfather, father, several uncles, a great uncle, few cousins, and both brothers were/are teamsters. I was walking picket lines in a stroller. Went to my first union meeting before I got my driver's license. Got out of the navy and became a teamster and never looked back. So how about you plunger? Have you been spineless your whole life? Since retiring, have you gone back to revisit old times with your TM's lap? I'd rather be the skinny guy on the beach, unlike you, the fat weirdo that stares at everyone's kids.

Great grandfather, grandfather, father, several uncles, a great uncle, few cousins, and both brothers were/are teamsters. I was walking picket lines in a stroller. Went to my first union meeting before I got my driver's license. Got out of the navy and became a teamster and never looked back. So how about you plunger? Have you been spineless your whole life? Since retiring, have you gone back to revisit old times with your TM's lap? I'd rather be the skinny guy on the beach, unlike you, the fat weirdo that stares at everyone's kids.

You're a johnny reb teamster, johnny. There will always be the johnny reb teamsters who are stuck in da 70's and 80's. johnny, this is 2012 and you're still a degenerate johnny reb ******** teamster living in da past. johnny, when your IBT lawyers and union trustees are allowed to examine the YRC books and learn that YRC cannot go on or pay the pension and you don't understand that..it is you who is brainless not me who is spineless. johnny, the glory days are over. Why can't you understand that? Are you that dumb? or has the syphilis gone to your brain?

8 of the last 9 posts have you two ATTACKING each other. It's time for BOTH of you to cease the personal argument. One important fact is lost in each of your diatribes at each other, NEITHER works for ABF.

hey joe some up all your bitching about abf .if you ycr teamsters stood up like real teamsters and didnt worry about yourself i have talked to many drivers and all they worryed about was sitting by the phone and stsrting at the bottom again so thats why abfers may have to make a hard choice not that we want to we may have to because of the easy wayout you picked so think of that before you open your mouth

I am tired of the personal attacks too. How one voted is a personal matter. The proposal made by the company was not a complete 15% wage concession. It would have been much less when the operation ratio was in the profitable range. A stock option plan was also proposed years ago during the takeover attempt. That too was proportional to the operating ratio. The Young family has always been honest with ABF employees. Bob Young could have taken his part of the company at the time of the takeover attempt & been a wealthy man. The company must have more profit in the future to attract investors to survive. A company that does not grow cannot keep the doors open for very long. That is basic business 101.

I am tired of the personal attacks too. How one voted is a personal matter. The proposal made by the company was not a complete 15% wage concession. It would have been much less when the operation ratio was in the profitable range. A stock option plan was also proposed years ago during the takeover attempt. That too was proportional to the operating ratio. The Young family has always been honest with ABF employees. Bob Young could have taken his part of the company at the time of the takeover attempt & been a wealthy man. The company must have more profit in the future to attract investors to survive. A company that does not grow cannot keep the doors open for very long. That is basic business 101.

My advice to you would be that as long as Joe keeps coming to our forum...you had better get used to them...because I for one...will not just sit idle while he trashes ABF and the ABF Teamsters.

You mention the operating ratio plan...now you have to know what a joke that was...right? Plus you mention about the stock option plan that was offered in 1988...you see that was turned down too...why was that?

You also state that the Young family has always been honest with ABF employees...do you mean like he was during the beg back? Does asking the rank and file for a 15% reduction in pay then giving Judy a 75,000 a year raise ( which by the way...just her raise is more than your average Teamster makes all year) just in salary not to even mention the other perks...then buying Albert Moving for 4 million...then Panther for 180 million sound reasonable to you?

And you are right...that is basic business 101...getting the employees to work for as little as possible...which I don't blame the company at all for trying because that is good business sense. As I stated many times before...as long as the company executives make sure that they get theirs...why should the rank and file be any different?

Here's a question for you...just how would you feel after taking that locked three year 15% reduction in pay then see that Judy got that 75,000 a year raise just a couple months later?

8 of the last 9 posts have you two ATTACKING each other. It's time for BOTH of you to cease the personal argument. One important fact is lost in each of your diatribes at each other, NEITHER works for ABF.

And neither do misinforming posts like this either:

I know that what I'm about to say is going to get me blasted. After reading the grievance, what ABF seems to be saying is that the MOUs should have been put out for vote to ALL NMFA member Teamsters. That being said, there is a VERY real possibility that ALL NMFA Teamsters would be working under the same conditions as YRCW Teamsters. I'm not sure that is what ANYBODY wants.

And neither do misinforming posts like this either:

Anyone who takes the time to read the grievance (which by the way has NEVER been put before a committee) will draw their own conclusions. Just because you disagree with my conclusion does NOT make it wrong!

Anyone who takes the time to read the grievance (which by the way has NEVER been put before a committee) will draw their own conclusions. Just because you disagree with my conclusion does NOT make it wrong!

Here you go again...you never did reply to my last reply on this matter...

Now I want you to show me where that is stated anywhere in the lawsuit that they want the courts to force the ABF Teamsters to take the same amendments as YRC. You are grasping at straws here...I would just like to know why?

IMO...you are just trying to deceive others...just like Joe...why?

Did you think that I forgot already? So...let's get this out of the way...once and for all...how about answering it?

No but if they can't get YRC to return to full NMFA conditions then ABF wants to diminish YOUR conditions. Would you agree with that?
And they want the courts to do it for them. No vote.

Explain to me how you can state that ABF is asking the courts to force ABF Teamsters into the same agreement as YRC from your reply here:

Item #2 in relief sought.
An Award declaring that there may be no further amendments of the NMFA unless the amendment applies to all employer members of the NMFA bargaining unit.

Read carefully...it say's...An Award declaring that there may be no further amendments of the NMFA!

Docker, I don't have a problem with people having disagreements in fact it is good that we have different opinions. We can learn from one another if we will listen. What I don't like is people calling others names like POS & you can fill in the blanks with names that have been used. That certainly won't accomplish what this forum is about. If a person dislikes others because they think differently then he can count his friends on one hand & have fingers left.
The fact is the future of organized freight carriers & the Teamsters Union as we know it will likely be decided soon. We need to be informed to make intelligent decisons about our future. The bickering about how someone voted in the past does nothing to accomplish this.

The porpose of an open forum is to exchange opinions and ideas. Docker I have reviewed my posts on this thread. You keep demanding an answer that I have supplied. I don't care one whit about the litigation. And as I have stated ANYONE who takes the time to read ALL the relevant documents will draw their own conclusions. I have not EVER expressed any ill will for my brothers and sisters at ABF. You want to blame YRC teamsters for ALL the problems in the union. Politicians, the economy and non-union competition also share responcebility.
One last thought, can you say HOSTESS?

Docker, I don't have a problem with people having disagreements in fact it is good that we have different opinions. We can learn from one another if we will listen. What I don't like is people calling others names like POS & you can fill in the blanks with names that have been used. That certainly won't accomplish what this forum is about. If a person dislikes others because they think differently then he can count his friends on one hand & have fingers left.
The fact is the future of organized freight carriers & the Teamsters Union as we know it will likely be decided soon. We need to be informed to make intelligent decisons about our future. The bickering about how someone voted in the past does nothing to accomplish this.

You are right DCM_Doc...is is healthy to have disagreements about our different opinions...no argument from me there. My post had nothing to do with a person disliking someone just because they have different opinions and if you will be kind enough to re-read my post...you will realize that I wasn't talking about that...what I was referring to was our ABF troll coming to our forum with the sole purpose to disrupt our forum with absolutely nothing to offer but contempt and criticism for ABF and the ABF Teamsters...and yet...you neglected to even address that part. Now that certainly won't accomplish nothing but insults flying back and forth. And just look at who liked your post...now you tell me...wasn't he one of the posters you were talking about...or not?

As for you stating about the bickering about how someone voted in the past does nothing to accomplish something...I have to disagree...the way I read it...it was stated to prove a valid point.

The porpose of an open forum is to exchange opinions and ideas. Docker I have reviewed my posts on this thread. You keep demanding an answer that I have supplied. I don't care one whit about the litigation. And as I have stated ANYONE who takes the time to read ALL the relevant documents will draw their own conclusions. I have not EVER expressed any ill will for my brothers and sisters at ABF. You want to blame YRC teamsters for ALL the problems in the union. Politicians, the economy and non-union competition also share responcebility.
One last thought, can you say HOSTESS?

First of all...did I say that you EVER expressed any ill will for my brothers and sisters at ABF...No! If I did...show me!

Second... Show me where I want to blame YRC teamsters for ALL the problems in the union! That's a harsh statement...I hope that you can back it up!

Third...The purpose of an open forum is to exchange opinions and ideas...not lies.I say that those first and second are outright lies...Why are you resorting to lies now?

Fourth...Evidently...you didn't review your posts very well because not only have you not only answered my question...you have completely avoided it...both times now. So I will ask you again...show me what statement led you to conclude that ABF is asking the courts to force ABF Teamsters into the same agreement as YRC. After all this is what you stated:

Now...just what statement led you to that conclusion?

Sorry docker, but I disagree with your conclusions. The lawsuit AND all relevant documents reveal the truth. You seem to want to ignore what does not support your conclusions. Nothing about ABF's lawsuit upsets me, the courts have ruled twice that the litigation is with out merit. The appeals court simply remanded the case back for review. I believe those facts will stifle any change to the current disparity between ABF and the YRCW Companies. In no way do I support that disparity. That never the less is the reality as I see it.

Docker, I looked over my post again. I wasn't accusing you of the childish name calling. I haven't seen you resort to that. We do disagree on several subjects but as I said I don't agree with everybody even in my family but I don't dislike them because of that.

Docker, I looked over my post again. I wasn't accusing you of the childish name calling. I haven't seen you resort to that. We do disagree on several subjects but as I said I don't agree with everybody even in my family but I don't dislike them because of that.

I know that you weren't accusing me of childish name calling DCM_Doc...but in all honesty I will admit that I have resorted to it many times...even to the point of being reprimanded for it...a fact that I'm not proud of but a fact still the same. I am alot of things but I do realize my faults and will admit them...even when I'm wrong but some people are incapable of that...even to the point of having to lie to cover up that fact...which is sad. It is those posters that I have no respect for or take anything they post as credible without proof.Plus...it is also those posters that insult just as well...but end up crying and whining when they get overwhelmed by the exchanges and call foul...you know...the ones that can dish it out but can't take it.

BTW...you never did answer my question about Joe being one of those that you were talking about...is there a reason for that or do you wish just not to answer on that?