ABF | Abf vs upsf

Good ole ABF and their 80% discounts you mean. We made money the first quarter. What did ABF do. Oh yea lost money wasn't it. Who is giving the discounts.:LMAO:

You have some evidence to back up your claim that UPS Freight made money last quarter?

You have some evidence to back up your claim that UPS Freight made money last quarter?

Supply Chain and Freight

Operating profit soared 44% on an adjusted basis with revenue growth of 7.6%. On a reported basis, operating profit increased 147%. The operating margin for the segment increased to 6.1% driven primarily by improvements in the Forwarding business unit and UPS Freight.

Forwarding experienced margin expansion over last year due to revenue management initiatives and lower purchased transportation.

UPS Freight revenue was up almost 23% over the prior-year period. The business unit saw strong increases in LTL revenue per hundredweight and gross weight hauled.

The company announced expansion of UPS Express Freight to Israel and Slovakia in February. These two emerging markets are quickly becoming key hubs for the high-tech, automotive and other manufacturing industries. UPS also announced during the quarter the expansion of its Preferred LCL Ocean Freight service to include 10 additional ports in Asia. This service provides up to 40% faster port-to-door delivery to the United States for LCL shipments.

Outlook

"The growth story at UPS continues with earnings improving 24% as customers realize the benefits from the solutions we provide," said Kurt Kuehn, UPS's chief financial officer. "These outstanding results were produced through our focus on quality of revenue combined with the flexibility and efficiency of our global network.

"The strategies are in place for UPS to achieve record results in 2011," Kuehn added. "Confidence in our ability to execute leads UPS to raise guidance for 2011 diluted earnings per share to a range of $4.15-to-$4.40, an increase of 17-to-24% over adjusted 2010 results."

Them 80% discounts must be really working...:drama:

Supply Chain and Freight

Operating profit soared 44% on an adjusted basis with revenue growth of 7.6%. On a reported basis, operating profit increased 147%. The operating margin for the segment increased to 6.1% driven primarily by improvements in the Forwarding business unit and UPS Freight.

Forwarding experienced margin expansion over last year due to revenue management initiatives and lower purchased transportation.

UPS Freight revenue was up almost 23% over the prior-year period. The business unit saw strong increases in LTL revenue per hundredweight and gross weight hauled.

The company announced expansion of UPS Express Freight to Israel and Slovakia in February. These two emerging markets are quickly becoming key hubs for the high-tech, automotive and other manufacturing industries. UPS also announced during the quarter the expansion of its Preferred LCL Ocean Freight service to include 10 additional ports in Asia. This service provides up to 40% faster port-to-door delivery to the United States for LCL shipments.

Outlook

"The growth story at UPS continues with earnings improving 24% as customers realize the benefits from the solutions we provide," said Kurt Kuehn, UPS's chief financial officer. "These outstanding results were produced through our focus on quality of revenue combined with the flexibility and efficiency of our global network.

"The strategies are in place for UPS to achieve record results in 2011," Kuehn added. "Confidence in our ability to execute leads UPS to raise guidance for 2011 diluted earnings per share to a range of $4.15-to-$4.40, an increase of 17-to-24% over adjusted 2010 results."

I'm sorry, I am kinda slow, could you please point out the part where the profits come from UPS Freight?

I'm sorry, I am kinda slow, could you please point out the part where the profits come from UPS Freight?

Oh I see. Well, We are going down and things are looking real bad. We are in worse shape than YRCW. I wish we could do as well as ABF. But there is just no catching ABF.
ABF is the best LTL company in the country. Fell better now. LOL!

Supply Chain and Freight

Outlook

I did not see where you posted the discount that UPS gives. Can you say bundling. Because that is what UPS does. We are not in the upper crust as UPS I will be the first to say. But we do not go around rubbing peoples noses in it. You come on a thread where people are talking of the pros and cons of working at ABF and UPS. You now brag about all the money UPS Freight made but you can't post the exact numbers because you are bundled with small package. You posted that numbers were up I believe 6% other freight companies are up double digits including ABF. So that means freight could be up and a company could still be loosing money. You speak of ABF discounting 80%. That number means nothing if you follow freight rates. Why don't you post what FAK UPSF gives their customers. For your information 80% is not a low rate in today's market. Do you think UPSF charges more and gets new customers I don't think so. If your freight is up then you are giving a better price than the other companies. I will be waiting for you to post what the discount and FAK UPSF gives. After all if you are going to accuse ABF of high discounts then you had better be willing to post those of UPSF.

Like this little part of your post. I would really like to see a UPSF truck that goes to these places without using no outside freight companies. IMPOSSIBLE!

So yes you work for the SECOND BIGGEST freight employer according to the price of a share of stock(FedEx) And they UPS could swallow us(ABF) whole. But like most respectful Teamsters We get up and do our jobs to the best of our abilities and hope that our leaders make the correct choices as not to bring our company down. So please post your proof if it makes you feel better. But remember this " A Bird Never Flies Too High As Not To never Come Back Down For A Drink Of Water. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Muler, I was just giving ABFer a hard time. For some of the statements he makes about UPS and Overnite. No company bashing intended. There is good and bad things about all of them.

Muler, I was just giving ABFer a hard time. For some of the statements he makes about UPS and Overnite. No company bashing intended. There is good and bad things about all of them.
Thanks my Brother I enjoyed your past post. Good Luck at UPSF. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Wow, you guy's are really into your company's. My company is better than your company. Tell ya what, after 31 years of watching the ltl industry go in to the toilet and to see what a LtL freight job has become, I wouldn't brag about any freight company. They all suck and at this point these jobs will never be what they once were. For most in this line of work its a race to the bottom, for me, its a race to retirement:fingure:

Shaggybx said:
Good ole UPSF with their 80% discounts.

Yep but remember to look at the rate fak and volume before giving pricing a hard time. One company pays a flat rate of 35 a pallet no matter what. Can you guess which company that is?

Since he says they're paying $35 I would expect he means a shipper, not a carrier.

Wow, you guy's are really into your company's. My company is better than your company. Tell ya what, after 31 years of watching the ltl industry go in to the toilet and to see what a LtL freight job has become, I wouldn't brag about any freight company. They all suck and at this point these jobs will never be what they once were. For most in this line of work its a race to the bottom, for me, its a race to retirement:fingure:

The good old days are truly gone.