ODFL | ACLU Sues Old Dominion Freight Lines Over Firing Of Transgender Trucker (6/18/2008)

The replies here show clearly why there needs to be a few lawsuits about it to scare the sh!te out of a few companies.
If any of you inbred Neanderthals (oh, is that too big a word for your testosterone-laden brains to understand??) have ever seen a baby born with BOTH sets of mangled genitals, you might step away from all of this "God doesn't make mistakes...good buddy...10-4" BS!

Well, anyone who says that is ignorant. Pardon the insults, but I needed to get your attention.
My cousin gave birth to a non-specific baby. No drugs. No drink. No Satan worship. It just happens every now and then.

So, all you "God doesn't make mistakes" guys (half of you are ***** rubbing in the movie houses or getting sucked off through a hole in the p*on booths every chance you get...by the way, who do you think is on the other side of that board?? Not a female...LOL)...So, all you "God doesn't make mistakes" guys, what would you do if YOU had a kid like that?

Well, my cousin did what the doctors told her and her husband to. She had the child turned to the sex the kid most closely resembled. Then they raised the child, after several operations, as that sex.

Low and behold, as the kid matured...they found out the doctors were WRONG! The inner mapping was for the OTHER sex! NOW what do you do? The people in their church, the whole family...get the picture?

Be careful when you say that God doesnt make mistakes. What it does, is prove that God makes queers...and men who long to be a woman...and women who long to be a man. Deal with it.

The article, if any of you can read all the big words, clearly says the driver was top notch until SHE wore sweats and was questioned about her orientation. Then for taking a hotel slip, she got canned.

GOOD FOR HER! I hope SHE rapes OD like a serial killer!

You know why? Because then it will be an enforced rule that ignorant, inbred idiots like those who call a person "IT" will be forced to treat a human being with respect.

My kids learned from a very young age to respect diversity. Best thing I ever taught them...next to proper firearm handling.
I sent this thread to both of them for feedback.
At age 23 and 19, they both said the same thing.

"Remember to tell the guys who feel so strongly about it that they are showing how fragile their own sexual orientation really is."

LOL, wisdom from the mouths of babes.

Think that poor mixed up person has it easy?
Shoot, I would rather be an Iraqi with a Bin Laden tattoo on my forehead. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

IT will have plenty of money for the sexual reassignment surgery. True or not, OD will probably cut IT a check to keep it out of court and save OD the bad publicity.

I'm sure other companies will be watching this because they know their turn will come if it's not already.

What ever floats "it's" boat, however with that kind of safety and preformance record, the termination seems a littly iffy.

Whether or not we agree or disagree with someones life style they do have the right to earn a living and should not be discharged without just cause. The mention of God and if he does or does not make mistakes is not the issue here that issue will come soon enough for whomever. After all who are we to judge, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". The issue is whether or not OD had just cause to discharge and it looks like they did not.

My cousin had a child that was born with both sets of genitals.
Her husband and she listened to the docs and had the child assigned to the sex they thought proper. The kid grew up and during puberty, they found out that the docs were wrong.

Imagine being raised as one sex your whole life, then finding out you are really not that sex?

God may not make mistakes. If he does not, then he meant to create this child.

While people may like to make things all black and white and point the finger with religious absolution, they should really understand that there are a lot of grey areas in life. I do not know if the person mentioned in the article was born like that, but it is fishy that she had such a good record until that incident.

No matter if we like it or not, we have to be respectful of others and keep it the way of the United States of America.

Why?

Because if things keep going like they are now, Muslims will outnumber Christians in this country.
Do you want to be told how to worship? How to act?
Please think about these things before you make such harsh judgments about others.

We cannot allow this to be our mindset. If we do...when the Taliban outnumbers us, they will be chopping off heads for worshipping Christ.

What your describing is the reason we are going down the road we are. The fact that our society is trying to take this stance of all "truth" is correct, and don't judge others is absolutely not what our country was founded on and is not what made us great. Holding people to a moral standard is what law and order is all about. Our society and our laws were based on a single truth, Gods truth from Bible. Turning our back on the bibical truth as our moral and societal compass will only result in one thing, the fall of the united states. God created this person as a single gender and did not error. the example of the person born with both sets of genitalia is the rare exception and should not be used to define the rule. just like the move to redefine marrage, someday someone is going to want to marry their goat and how can that be wrong they love it.

God created this person as a single gender and did not error. the example of the person born with both sets of genitalia is the rare exception and should not be used to define the rule.

Actually, we are so great because we rebelled at the control of our worship and taxation without representation.

I strongly encourage you to study true history.

I do not think you know enough about this persons hormones or plumbing to make that call. Looks like a pretty hot little female to me...

...and while I have issue with the gay community using the word "marriage," why shouldn't two partners be able to share insurance and everything else a couple does in the US??

Common law wives get to do it.

Why not?

If you are going to bring religion into it, don't bother.

Waaaaaay back, we supposedly split church and state...and thank God!

Why do I say thank God?

Because...when the Muslims take over, my grandchildren will be able to cling to that right and hopefully will not be forced to bow to "Allah."

Think about that the next time you mix God and government. Pretend the whole government is full of Taliban. Still want them to rule your life?

Happyltlguy; I guess what I was trying to point out, with all the morality aside, is, that an individual has the right to earn a living if he, she or it is performing their duties as described by their employer. If they do that then they should not be discharged, all that does is put the burden on someone else. Suppose this person can't get a job anywhere then what? Are they to go on welfare, should they steal or should they just curle up and die? Should we just kill them? Whether you or I agree with a certain lifestyle should be immaterial. We don't have to associate with creepy people or acknowledge thier vices, we can even shun them but we should allow them to earn a living.

I know about two guys that are gay, (one is a truck driver for one of the companies on this forum and the other is his lover) and the truck driver takes his lover all over the country with him. This has been going on for at least 2 years. He is not an independent driver and I don't know if the company he works for knows about this--or maybe they don't really care as long as the work is getting done. Gay people don't bother me, except for Ellen when she starts talking on her show about getting married to her girlfriend. I think that's rather distasteful. As far as this transgender thing...well...I truly believe that some people were born with mixed up hormones. Only my opinion... but ya know what?? There are a whole lot of extreme crucial events going on in this world than gays or transexuals. Let's hear about the recession this country is in and how Bush put us there and the war in Iraq, our dead troops... There's something to think about. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS

It seems to me that ODFL will either be raked thru some coals or not. Maybe a settlement will be offered and taken. I look at it like this. The higher ups will be dealing with all of the public crap but it will be drivers this person will have to deal with from here on in. If this person becomes easily recognizable to enough drivers then you know how that will go over at a truck stop. I don't wish ill towards anyone but we all know how this will play out behind the scenes amongst drivers. It will only take one person knowing when and where this person is and making it public over the cb to start trouble. Don't we have enough to deal with without junk like this being brought to our front door? In my opinion this looks like another case of the weak trying to lead the strong.

However it turns out, I would advise you guys to stay out of the "rest areas" for a while. I know a few Holland drivers that already think you're cute!!!!:hysterical::hysterical:

Hey Shoeman, I wonder; if this was a Holland driver and the person filed a grievance for improper discharge what would happen? Bet they wouldn't need the ACLU. Thanks for recognizing that I'm cute. Would rather be handsome but will accept cute.

Global Corporations and the Death of Democracy

In my opinion, this was a firing without just cause. While I may not agree with this person's decision to change genders, if ODFL can fire this driver with impunity, what is to keep them from firing ANYONE say, if they don't like you supporting Barack Obama, for instance? Of if you don't support Bush/Cheney and the 100 year war? Or you want immigration laws enforced? Just because a person or idea is unpopular, be VERY CARFUL about condemnation. There may be a Buchenwald in your future. You just may be next!

You'd better think twice about piling on in this case. Corporate control of government is what has allowed Mexican trucks across the border, built the NAFTA highway,etc.etc. and has made wage slaves out of all of us. Personally I am in favor of large wealthy corporations being brought down a notch or two. If this person wins a judgement, then ODFL was in the wrong.

O.K. folks it's over.This is the OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE FORUM.The subject of the thread is O.D. and the ACLU lawsuit.I've let some of you wander a little because mostly there was some good posting going on,good thinking.It's over.You're most welcome to post your religous,political thoughts,sexual views, and ACLU comments on the..........POLITICS FORUM.......Any more posts that wander on the O.D.forum will be deleted.Thank you.