ODFL | ACLU Sues Old Dominion Freight Lines Over Firing Of Transgender Trucker (6/18/2008)

in tn they don't have to have a reason to fire you they can do it just for not likeing you this is just someone trying to get attention i say so long we don't need this trash in our company and don't let the door hit you on the way out also instead of sueing maybe should consider mental help for this pesonality problem i don't belive in gender personality disorder god does not make mistakes

i read it.is this story from the drivers view and the company view or just one.either side will be biased and somewhere in the middle is the truth.if this person can prove discrimination they get money otherwise you get a bill from the lawyer.how,if you were him/her would you prove your case,and how would that make you look after all was said and done.talk about dragging yourself through the mud.

in tn they don't have to have a reason to fire you they can do it just for not likeing you this is just someone trying to get attention i say so long we don't need this trash in our company and don't let the door hit you on the way out also instead of sueing maybe should consider mental help for this pesonality problem i don't belive in gender personality disorder god does not make mistakes

Thank you easttnhillbilly, I was going to say the same thing God does not make mistakes, I would have fired IT too.

Keeping hypothetical superbeings out of the picture...

EEOC found in the driver's favor. As the story points out, that almost never happens. That means there is a *VERY* strong case. Not just a free will firing - but a discriminatory firing. In other words, the individual was not fired for the hell of it, but for an illegal reason.

I don't typically cheer for the ACLU - quite the opposite, in fact. In this case, however, I'll make an exception.

Keeping hypothetical superbeings out of the picture...

EEOC found in the driver's favor. As the story points out, that almost never happens. That means there is a *VERY* strong case. Not just a free will firing - but a discriminatory firing. In other words, the individual was not fired for the hell of it, but for an illegal reason.

I don't typically cheer for the ACLU - quite the opposite, in fact. In this case, however, I'll make an exception.

Just because The "EEOC" found in the drivers favor doesn't make the case. This is a load of crap. If ODFL doesn't want "IT" representing them, then God Bless them. Should they retrofit all their terminals with "IT" bath rooms for those who may find themselves in between sexes? If UPS can tell you how your mustache and haircut must be trimmed, then how on earth should someone be able to defame this company just to make a political point? Don't think for a second that this is anything other than political either. :butt kiss:I get so sick of people claiming "Diversity" and equating the plight of the immoral to that of the american slavery of old and the plight of the black man for equallity. It is different. I was born this way, they say... you were born with an innie or an outtie, function accordingly.

Makes me want to seek employment with ODFL. :nutkick:

Excuse my rant, but really if someone just wasn't looking for the perfect payday.....go slip and fall in store or something or burn your face on some hot fast food coffee, quit trying to destroy this good company for your political and financial gain.:smilie_132:

This is just one more indication of who low our once great country has sunk. This is sick @&%...!

Looks like OD is going to have to fork over a bunch of money - for nothing.:cuss:

I have always thought if you owned the company it was your business but I guess I was wrong it and everything else belongs to the ACLU

I have always thought if you owned the company it was your business but I guess I was wrong it and everything else belongs to the ACLU

Hmmmmmmmm...........did IT somehow bypass the interview process??? Doubtful, Pretty sure IT became such afterwards, otherwise IT may not have made it past the initial contact.

What is this world coming to when we need Gov't entities to regulate everything?????? and the lawyers to pickup where they leave off??????

I can see the ACLU fighting over a normal person being wronged but this ain't normal, its a freak of nature...LOL, I wonder what their cut is??

ha ha ha...if its true then od deserves it. if its not true, then sHE should be run through the ringer and all that. either way im glad that i am not anywhere near that one.