TForce | All the terminals signing now will need stewards.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
This is something the first terminals need to do.
You have to find someone you can trust.
They need to now the contract language word,for word.
The Teamster locals will help them out with everything they need to know.
This person can't be a wimp,he,or she has to go to your supervisors when you greive something,and try to get it resolved according to the articles in your contract language.
Just giving you all the heads up on this issue,if you haven't thought of this,by now.

does there need to be a certian amount in a classification to get a steward?

What if there is just 1 dockworker?

does there need to be a certian amount in a classification to get a steward?

What if there is just 1 dockworker?

It all depends on the size of the operation. I was a steward of a barn that had 32. 6 were road drivers, 6 dock workers and 20 city rats. If you have a small operation like the one I was at, it is manageable. But if you have a large road crew or dock crew, you may want to go with 2 Stewards. Usually the night Steward oversees the outbound dock employees and road drivers. The other Steward would have control over the inbound dock and city drivers. Other than the TM, the Steward is their equal. It is a thankless job. And you should be level headed but tenacious with regards to work policies and procedures as they pertain to the contract. Also the Steward can be either a driver/jockey or dock worker. Just make sure they are going to get in the TM's face when need be.And fight for your rights!!!

your better off having a road steward plus a city/dock steward even if your a small barn. Trust me I went from a big barn to a small one that didn't have a road steward. It was nothing but a big headache trying to explain things to the city steward.

tmoe

This is something the first terminals need to do.
You have to find someone you can trust.
They need to now the contract language word,for word.
The Teamster locals will help them out with everything they need to know.
This person can't be a wimp,he,or she has to go to your supervisors when you greive something,and try to get it resolved according to the articles in your contract language.
Just giving you all the heads up on this issue,if you haven't thought of this,by now.
why is everybody so quick to sign? this is a substandard contract. the teamsters are selling us short! we are already behind yelleow and all the rest, they just want our money!!! can`t anybody see this for what it is?

there are many sides to this arguement.

You say we re behind yellow and the rest, this contract will put us ahead of them in terms of wages.

The NMFA averaged $.45 a year in raises and will average $.44 the next 5 if it passes.

10% of there workforce is laid off.

They drive some of the oldest trucks on the road.

What would you change in the contract?

there are many sides to this arguement.

You say we re behind yellow and the rest, this contract will put us ahead of them in terms of wages.

The NMFA averaged $.45 a year in raises and will average $.44 the next 5 if it passes.

10% of there workforce is laid off.

They drive some of the oldest trucks on the road.

What would you change in the contract?
Actually besides the p&D junk, most trucks are less then 10 yrs old

ABF replaces their road fleet every 3 years as a rule. They at least take road units off the road to the city that often with a few exceptions.

an official organizer has posted here that noone will get more than indy.

If he did post here he should have better explained him self. We will not get more than the total dollar amount that went into the Indy contract. But money can be moved around within the contract to better suit our area needs.

this is a bad contract, they are selling us short, can`t anybodt see this?

What are you comparing it to? Parcel? NMFA? The contract is bad for the brown nosers. And Management. Do you want a super contract without earning it? Should we be right up there with those who have been members for decades? Is it just because we are owned by UPS and that somehow makes us eligible for superior status?

You're dreaming if you think we will have a contract like the NMFA was, or like parcel. This was understood from the beginning, I don't understand why some of you are suprised. You want the best of everything for some silly-arsed reason I have no Idea why.

The contract isn't just for the benefits, its for job protection... Shiny wheels don't work until the board is clear, this is not happening now, employees sitting... guaranteed hours... going by seniority and not how good someone is under the desk... real rules to go by, not "for use as guidelines as the company see fit" as stated in the rulebook.

In my opinion the pay will be better, the medical will be better, I will save $100 a month, Pension, I will still have a 401k w/ no co match (that was understood a long time ago) But I still have yet to get an answer about th Vac pay for Mileage paid employees.

You that are apposed must be getting your info from somewhere else because what I see isn't substandard for our situation.

All of you Contract haters can bash all you want, I have looked at the info provided and asked the local questions and it isn't as bad as you are trying to make it look. If it was so bad you wouldn't see terminals sigining in the High 80-90%, we are all a little smarter than that.

If you want your superior contract co to the Parcel side and spend 5-10 years on the inside and then spend 10-15 years in a package car. By then you'll have definitely earned it.:1036316054:

bttt.............stewards also have to put up with phone calls about things that aren't contract related, percieved slights about respect and especially in this first contract when everyone will question every little thing that goes on in the workplace....kinda like sitting a room full of dirty, hungry kindergarteners