TForce | All the terminals signing now will need stewards.

So is there any incentive to being a steward? I am talking in terms of compensation or time spent on the job.....? Where and how will the steward benefit, other than doing it out of the goodness in his heart????

Big Caddy, Cuban Cigars, Bankroll, Unlimited Power........:hysterical:

Now reality. You don't pay Union dues. You can never be layed off. Equal to the TM as far as power.

You may be invited to attend the Teamsters conventions.
Back in the day you didn't have to pay any monthly dues if you were a steward.
I think that may have changed to you have to pay dues,but you are reinbursed.
like I say I've been away from the union so long I'm not sure how it works now days.

steve5, you asked about vacation back on page 4 for mile drivers, I know over in the nmfa its your last years wages divided dy 52

Yeah, and the few LTL companies I've worked for including MC and Overnite Are 1/52nd for Vac too. But I asked the local about it and they didn't know. This is the second time I've asked a local.

Anyone get a different answer? I hope it's not Hourly.

I was posted here by 2 people that "know indy drivers" thy they got straight 8 hours, then they said is was grieved and went back to 1/52.

If somthing like that can be grieved and won what good is a contract? If it can be changed so easily?

O, could you please explain this to me? I honestly don't know much about your current benefits and little about the new benefits in the Indy contract.

Thanks

currently

I think the cost of insurance is different in each state, I pay $7.06 per week for medical I only cover myself.

In the indy contract I will pay $50 a month to cover myself, $100 employee +1, and $150 for employee +2 or more

currently

I think the cost of insurance is different in each state, I pay $7.06 per week for medical I only cover myself.

In the indy contract I will pay $50 a month to cover myself, $100 employee +1, and $150 for employee +2 or more

Do you think paying an additional $5 a week for your insurance is a fair trade off for guaranteeing no increase for the next 5 years?

Do you think paying an additional $5 a week for your insurance is a fair trade off for guaranteeing no increase for the next 5 years?

I can see where $12.50 a week mite break the bank for him, you know every time I spend $12.50 a week I wipe my brow.:biglaugh:

What's funny about this is I lost over $100 per week when O took over but that's ok. Just don't take his $5 away. Any excuse to say no.

I have posted my route with actual numbers and showed where I could lose quite a bit if I worked under the contract.

I lose the 401k match which is about $2275 a year (how much intrest will that earn over 30 years? Dues are about $624 a year, my insurance will increase about $300 a year

Those are all facts $3199 a year less almost $62 a week less than what I make now.

The drop and hooks, to make the same amount of money I do now I will have to slow down and be on the clock 7 more hours a week to break even. I took tirg and calculus and still can't figuire that one out, work more hours make the same amount of money and this is suppose to be a benefit.

We get paid a certian amount of time to hook and drop a set .3 to hook a set and.4 to drop out if you move both trailers. On average I can almost do it twice as fast as they allow, I get paid for .7 or 42 minuites and can do it consistently in 15 minuites. And on my route I do it 4 times a day.

under the contract we will get paid actual time that it takes to drop and hook, so I have to slow down and spend another 7 hours at work a week to break even.

I have posted my route with actual numbers and showed where I could lose quite a bit if I worked under the contract.

I lose the 401k match which is about $2275 a year (how much intrest will that earn over 30 years? Dues are about $624 a year, my insurance will increase about $300 a year

Those are all facts $3199 a year less almost $62 a week less than what I make now.

The drop and hooks, to make the same amount of money I do now I will have to slow down and be on the clock 7 more hours a week to break even. I took tirg and calculus and still can't figuire that one out, work more hours make the same amount of money and this is suppose to be a benefit.

We get paid a certian amount of time to hook and drop a set .3 to hook a set and.4 to drop out if you move both trailers. On average I can almost do it twice as fast as they allow, I get paid for .7 or 42 minuites and can do it consistently in 15 minuites. And on my route I do it 4 times a day.

under the contract we will get paid actual time that it takes to drop and hook, so I have to slow down and spend another 7 hours at work a week to break even.

Well for what it is worth, just because you take trig. and calculus does not make you an economics major.

With that being said what you are going to loose is small and is personably recoverable, if I can do it , you can do it.

In the slow, possible recessionist state of the economy everyone is tightening the belt. We do have more to gain in this contract then not.

$50.00 a month for single ins. which is what you say you will have according to this contract does not equate too $300.00 a month. Any math major would know this. You may loose the match, we are still waiting for verification on this.

Most of us in the city in most places are struggeling just to hit 40 HRS, FULLTIME AND SENIOR MEN, a week and you are *****ing about 7 additional hours worked to make up for drop and hook pay.Thats is if they do not change the plan, for scheduled routes. this is the only way you are making the monies.

If you are getting paid for all time on the clock, there is you $62.00 dollars a week.

You have done nothing but speak negatively about this contract, and see no light at the end of this tunnel. You continue too explain what we will be loosing on a regular basis and it is hard for me to believe we are all stupid because you find yourself in the unique position to be a Calculus major, or a trig major,.

When you recieve a bachelors degree in economics, then you may give credible advice, your posts consistantly prescribe to a subliminal message of stupidity towards us, and to be honest it is not gratifying to say the least.

Please tell me how I can get the 40 HRS. i sighned on for 10 years ago when we have a management team who does'nt even believe in the seniority the company has printed out.

How much more do the rest of us have too loose because you do not want to loose $12.00 extra dollars a week in INS.

You are not being reasonable by any stretch of the imagination. Bring legitimacy to the table. and then you may bend our ear with the loss of $ 12.00 xtra dollars a week.

Well for what it is worth, just because you take trig. and calculus does not make you an economics major.

Where did I claim to be?

With that being said what you are going to loose is small and is personably recoverable, if I can do it , you can do it.

small amount?

over 30 years at an AVERAGE return just the match will total $108,234.07

In the slow, possible recessionist state of the economy everyone is tightening the belt. We do have more to gain in this contract then not.

I have said many times that hourly employees would be crazy not to vote yes on this contract

$50.00 a month for single ins. which is what you say you will have according to this contract does not equate too $300.00 a month. Any math major would know this. You may loose the match, we are still waiting for verification on this.

I said:
insurance will increase about $300 a year.

Again, I pay $7.06 for ins that is (I am pretty sure we only make 48 payments a year, 4 a month not positive) $338 a year
Under the contract I will pay $50 a month that is $600 a year that is a $262 increase

That is about $300

Most of us in the city in most places are struggeling just to hit 40 HRS, FULLTIME AND SENIOR MEN, a week and you are *****ing about 7 additional hours worked to make up for drop and hook pay.Thats is if they do not change the plan, for scheduled routes. this is the only way you are making the monies.

Again I have said hourly employees have nothing to lose and everything to gain with this contract, but I should not have to work an extra 7 hours to be at the same pay level I am at now.

If you are getting paid for all time on the clock, there is you $62.00 dollars a week.

I don't understand this statement. What $62.00? Also according to other posts road driver do not get delay pay we are forced to work the dock, currently most of us have a choice. to work the dock or not, we give up the first hour after our dispatch time then we can get paid to sleep in our truck if we choose. That choice will be taken away under the contract.

You have done nothing but speak negatively about this contract, and see no light at the end of this tunnel. You continue too explain what we will be loosing on a regular basis and it is hard for me to believe we are all stupid because you find yourself in the unique position to be a Calculus major, or a trig major,.

There have been a few posts in different threads where simple addition and multiplication have been wrong, if you wanna see an example read the fourth quote in this post. Again I never claimed to be a calc/trig major. And again I have pointed out some positives for hourly employees.

When you recieve a bachelors degree in economics, then you may give credible advice, your posts consistantly prescribe to a subliminal message of stupidity towards us, and to be honest it is not gratifying to say the least.

Your proving my point read the fourth quote in ths post

Please tell me how I can get the 40 HRS. i sighned on for 10 years ago when we have a management team who does'nt even believe in the seniority the company has printed out.

Again, hourly employees would be craze not to vote this contract in. I agree with you, and have made this statement before.

How much more do the rest of us have too loose because you do not want to loose $12.00 extra dollars a week in INS.

Again I will lose more than $12, also I have stated before, why can't we have a contract where we all benefit? There are others who do a triple turns and they would have to spend about 20 hours a week dropping and hooking, they will be worse off than me. My situation is not special. I want us to all benefit.

You are not being reasonable by any stretch of the imagination. Bring legitimacy to the table. and then you may bend our ear with the loss of $ 12.00 xtra dollars a week.

How am I not being reasonable? You said yourself I have been saying these same things since the beginning, and your right.

But no one has proven me wrong yet.

no one has challenged what I have said and been truthfull and shown me where I will gain, all they can do is attack me personally becuase I am not for this contract.

All they can do is call me an azzkiss
All they can do is make jokes about starfish
All they can do is say I am just for mememe

But none of them can show me I am wrong.

o,,, how much will you loose (over 30 years) if you get fired for somthing stupid, or the co. shuts down terms that dont go union. or a guy with a peterbuilt and ugly paint, takes your job???

So is there any incentive to being a steward? I am talking in terms of compensation or time spent on the job.....? Where and how will the steward benefit, other than doing it out of the goodness in his heart????
It depends on the Local Union by-laws. One local may pay the dues for a steward while another one may not. There are arguments as to why they should be paid and why they shouldn't be paid.

overnite, i see your point on losing the 401k match, but did you factor in the pension money you'll gain? I know we get over 10k a year in ours

o,,, how much will you loose (over 30 years) if you get fired for somthing stupid, or the co. shuts down terms that dont go union. or a guy with a peterbuilt and ugly paint, takes your job???

So your suggestion is I choose the lesser evil?
Your saying if I vote union I can't be fired for somthing stupid? Or contract carriers can't be used?

It sounds like old school scare tactics, and you want to scare me to join the union. Scre tactics are on the same level as the dvd that was sent out.

If you want to try to persuade people to join the union why not show them what they will gain?

overnite, i see your point on losing the 401k match, but did you factor in the pension money you'll gain? I know we get over 10k a year in ours

I can put about 30 years in, I don't really pay much attention to the pension becuase it will change by the time I retire. But aren't details like this in the contract that has yet to be negoitiated? Or is this One for all like the health insurance and can't be changed?

So your suggestion is I choose the lesser evil?
Your saying if I vote union I can't be fired for somthing stupid? Or contract carriers can't be used?

It sounds like old school scare tactics, and you want to scare me to join the union. Scre tactics are on the same level as the dvd that was sent out.

If you want to try to persuade people to join the union why not show them what they will gain?

I can put about 30 years in, I don't really pay much attention to the pension becuase it will change by the time I retire. But aren't details like this in the contract that has yet to be negoitiated? Or is this One for all like the health insurance and can't be changed?

Having a contract does offer a level of job security that you do not enjoy now .And you have to put some price on that security .you are young now. might not be worth as much now as it will be when you get older and slow down a step or two But you do need to figure it in its not always as simple as a $$$$$$ amount.:1036316054:

I understand that, and that is one part that keeps me wanting to vote yes.

The other is I get out of bed to come to work for one reason to make money.

And in my case voting for one is voting against the other.

o,,, some of the uglyest trucks in the world are parked, idleing right now at the west end of our lot right now hopeing sombody gets the word that to stay home. you compared me to that dvd which was very insulting, we dont expect it to be unanamus so,,,majority will decide.

My goal was not to insult you, I apoligize if I did, but that is how I see it.

The dvd was in bad taste, it was produced to scare people to vote against the union. I think we all agree with that.

And I see your post(s) as the same thing just on the other side of the line.

Again, my goal was not to insult you, it was to make a point. We can vote however we want and argue on here all we want, but at the end of the day we all have to work together.