TForce | All the terminals signing now will need stewards.

Where did I claim to be?

small amount?

over 30 years at an AVERAGE return just the match will total $108,234.07

I have said many times that hourly employees would be crazy not to vote yes on this contract

I said:

Again, I pay $7.06 for ins that is (I am pretty sure we only make 48 payments a year, 4 a month not positive) $338 a year
Under the contract I will pay $50 a month that is $600 a year that is a $262 increase

That is about $300

Again I have said hourly employees have nothing to lose and everything to gain with this contract, but I should not have to work an extra 7 hours to be at the same pay level I am at now.

I don't understand this statement. What $62.00? Also according to other posts road driver do not get delay pay we are forced to work the dock, currently most of us have a choice. to work the dock or not, we give up the first hour after our dispatch time then we can get paid to sleep in our truck if we choose. That choice will be taken away under the contract.

There have been a few posts in different threads where simple addition and multiplication have been wrong, if you wanna see an example read the fourth quote in this post. Again I never claimed to be a calc/trig major. And again I have pointed out some positives for hourly employees.

Your proving my point read the fourth quote in ths post

Again, hourly employees would be craze not to vote this contract in. I agree with you, and have made this statement before.

Again I will lose more than $12, also I have stated before, why can't we have a contract where we all benefit? There are others who do a triple turns and they would have to spend about 20 hours a week dropping and hooking, they will be worse off than me. My situation is not special. I want us to all benefit.

How am I not being reasonable? You said yourself I have been saying these same things since the beginning, and your right.

But no one has proven me wrong yet.

no one has challenged what I have said and been truthfull and shown me where I will gain, all they can do is attack me personally becuase I am not for this contract.

All they can do is call me an azzkiss
All they can do is make jokes about starfish
All they can do is say I am just for mememe

But none of them can show me I am wrong.

When we do prove you wrong, you contradict yourself, and if your were confident in your statements ,why would you have too reassure us that you are a math major? Please save your breath.

You have been quoting for some time that the INS. in INDY, and the Dues was going to cost you $204.50 a month, prior to that it was $300.00, now it is 14 a week, do you know what you are getting ?

I am starting to find that you are a master at quantum $hit. Is that a branch of mathamatics? Or a requirement for the mapps program?

So your suggestion is I choose the lesser evil?
Your saying if I vote union I can't be fired for somthing stupid? Or contract carriers can't be used?

It sounds like old school scare tactics, and you want to scare me to join the union. Scre tactics are on the same level as the dvd that was sent out.

If you want to try to persuade people to join the union why not show them what they will gain?

I can put about 30 years in, I don't really pay much attention to the pension becuase it will change by the time I retire. But aren't details like this in the contract that has yet to be negoitiated? Or is this One for all like the health insurance and can't be changed?

This is what I mean, no one is trying to scare you into anything, just because this stuff we mention has not affected you thus far does not garuntee it will not come to a theater near you.

Long haulers are taking loads from road drivers while road drivers is sitting home.

In the new contract it simply states that no contractors will be used until all resources for the road has been exhausted. Which means all people will work prior too a contract carrier.

The ins. is not set in stone, neither is the 401 missing contribution. What INDY voted for is not set in stone because of the suppliments that are going to be negotiated in your region.

Getting off the topic at hand,and back to how this topic was started.
Union stewards should have free dues.
Its compensation for the hassel of looking out for the fair treatment of their co-workers.

Its compensation for the hassel of looking out for the fair treatment of their co-workers.

Do you think that stewards will be spending time at work on the clock working out these issues or informing the masses?:smilie_132:

In N.E. there are no dues taken from the Steward as long as they go to the monthly meetings on a regular basis.

Do you think that stewards will be spending time at work on the clock working out these issues or informing the masses?:smilie_132:

Funny you mention that. We think that most of the first 100 days of this contract will be spent filing grievances and sitting in front of the management. Not much driving!!! :biglaugh:

Yes I agree during the winter spring,and fall seasons there are union meetings once a week at the union halls.
The stewards are required to go,take notes,and inform their co-workers of any news.
Every dues paying member is also welcome to attend these meetings,but the stewards have to go.

Also yes to the question of being on the clock when they are dealling with any union issues at their terminal.

Funny you mention that. We think that most of the first 100 days of this contract will be spent filing grievances and sitting in front of the management. Not much driving!!! :biglaugh:

I usually dont drive, I run outbound operations. And NO, I am not salary. For the most part I take over for the TM when I arrive to work @ 1400. The fun stuff, scan bills, organize routes, check in drivers, load trailers, in other words I am the only one here after 1500. Cant complain with the hours :smilie_132::smilie_132::funky:

This is what I mean, no one is trying to scare you into anything, just because this stuff we mention has not affected you thus far does not garuntee it will not come to a theater near you.

Long haulers are taking loads from road drivers while road drivers is sitting home.

In the new contract it simply states that no contractors will be used until all resources for the road has been exhausted. Which means all people will work prior too a contract carrier.

The ins. is not set in stone, neither is the 401 missing contribution. What INDY voted for is not set in stone because of the suppliments that are going to be negotiated in your region.

I think the INS is set in stone, On the teamster website it says UPS freight employees will receive ins at a lower cost which is locked in over the length of the contract. The 401k match will be gone, if we vote union, we wll move to the teamster 401k here is the website already set up. There is no match. Ups has stated union employeed do not receive a 401k match.

Teamsters-UPS 401(k) Online Account Management

direct link is here

https://teamsterups.csplans.com/csportal/welcome.do

I can login to there and all my financial info is already there.

The suppliments are not gonna be free if we or someone else wants somthing added like reduced healthcar costs, you have to give somthing up, what do I have to give up?

The post he made are scare tactics, by any stretch of the imagination.

He is using a negative situation that has not happened and asking me what am I gonna do when it effects me.

This is the same effect they wanted the DVD to have, they wanted us to think that what happened to some drivers in the past organizing efforts, will happen to us if we vote yes on the union.

He asked me how much am I gonna lose if I get fired or they shut the non-union terminals down or how much am I gonna lose when a contract carrier takes my route.

If those are not scare tactics, can you show me what is?

Even I don't try to persuade people to vote my way, I tell them to educate themself and vote however benefits them.

When we do prove you wrong, you contradict yourself, and if your were confident in your statements ,why would you have too reassure us that you are a math major? Please save your breath.

You have been quoting for some time that the INS. in INDY, and the Dues was going to cost you $204.50 a month, prior to that it was $300.00, now it is 14 a week, do you know what you are getting ?

I am starting to find that you are a master at quantum $hit. Is that a branch of mathamatics? Or a requirement for the mapps program?

Show me where I contradicted myself I don't see it, I think your making your numbers up.

I make mistakes, You show me my quote I will either apoligize, or say I am wrong. I have done it before.

But looking at your numbers I can see you re confusing where I said week, months and years.

I think the INS is set in stone, On the teamster website it says UPS freight employees will receive ins at a lower cost which is locked in over the length of the contract. The 401k match will be gone, if we vote union, we wll move to the teamster 401k here is the website already set up. There is no match. Ups has stated union employeed do not receive a 401k match.

Teamsters-UPS 401(k) Online Account Management

direct link is here

https://teamsterups.csplans.com/csportal/welcome.do

I can login to there and all my financial info is already there.

The suppliments are not gonna be free if we or someone else wants somthing added like reduced healthcar costs, you have to give somthing up, what do I have to give up?

The post he made are scare tactics, by any stretch of the imagination.

He is using a negative situation that has not happened and asking me what am I gonna do when it effects me.

This is the same effect they wanted the DVD to have, they wanted us to think that what happened to some drivers in the past organizing efforts, will happen to us if we vote yes on the union.

He asked me how much am I gonna lose if I get fired or they shut the non-union terminals down or how much am I gonna lose when a contract carrier takes my route.

If those are not scare tactics, can you show me what is?

Even I don't try to persuade people to vote my way, I tell them to educate themself and vote however benefits them.

Show me where I contradicted myself I don't see it, I think your making your numbers up.

I make mistakes, You show me my quote I will either apoligize, or say I am wrong. I have done it before.

But looking at your numbers I can see you re confusing where I said week, months and years.

I am not saying it is, I am not saying it is not, we are in negotiations, so time will tell. If you are at work, you are on the clock, if you punch out, you are not on the clock, so do not punch out.

I do not take what he said as being a scare tactic, because it is happening in the system currently, I have seen it happen.

I think you have said it before, rather then ratteling off with hearsay, wait and we will deal with it now.

You also do not know if the suppliments will be free or not, you also do not know if there will or will not be reduced health care costs because all regions are different by state, this is why when you get your own personal INS. the site in which you visit asks you which state you live, the reason for this is each state mandates health care costs.

And I realize you do not see your contridictions, thats why we are telling you about them, the health ins. argument is a good one, you stated your self that you would be paying $200.00 dollars a month for INS. when in actuality you will be paying $14.00 a week. including dues maybe $25.00 .

Nothing is set in stone, do not assume, until it is all set and done. They (the hall) did ask us what we wanted too see in this contract and no holes were barred.

As I am sure you know in contracts you have to be weiry of every word the company will say it means this the union will say the same word means somthing different.

Here is a quote from Hoffa

"Employees will be paid for all time spent in the service of their employer. They won paid Delay Time, where previously they received none."

There currently is delay pay, it sucks but we do have some.

Also what is the meaning of "in service"?

If I have to wait 3 or 4 hours for my trailers am I gonna be placed "out of service"?

It has been posted that the indy road drivers are to work on the dock when there waiting, this is not delay pay, this is turning road drivers into hub drivers.

I have always said Ins will cost $50 for single employee, $100 for employee +1 $150 for employee +2 or more.

I have never said I would be paying $200
The people that pay $200 are the ones that get the employee +2 or more ins.

I will be paying $50 a month for ins and 54.50 for dues, $104.50 a month and that goes up every 6 months currently I only pay $7 somthing, that cancels out the raise. It is a wash.

It is two different things to talk about what actually is happeneing and to tell someone there gonna lose there job or the non-union terminals will be shutdown

I agree with most everything else you said.

O--- you cant argue this,,, going union will be better for me, and all the guys i got to sign cards equally. and im not defending contract carriers but they have a CONTRACT,,they get the work. and my comment about closing terms that dont go union was not a threat but a possibility. they could shut it down and offer you a union job, turn it down and no unemploynent. (purely hypothetical)

Well then you can always address the negative issues in the INDY contract.
Then see if you can work them to your benefit within your regional supplements.

Such as delay pay can be made not doing dock work.

There you go,always glad to help out whenever I can.
Yes you are welcome.

as a former steward, I was not required to attend union meeting.but you should,it's your job.As for no dues that goes from local to local i guess, i had to pay,but in the event of lay-offs i could not be lay-off so in a way i had super seniority, some senior men don't like that.Some ten to think that it's a glorious job,it's not, every one *****es an cries to you and when you tell them they have nothing they get mad at you

Well then you can always address the negative issues in the INDY contract.
Then see if you can work them to your benefit within your regional supplements.

Such as delay pay can be made not doing dock work.

There you go,always glad to help out whenever I can.
Yes you are welcome.

Yes APO this is what I am hoping that the rumor about regoins negoitiating is true, All the terminals in my region deliver to the same hub, except the ones that go out of state, and we all have the same concerns and rules, it only makes sense.

O--- you cant argue this,,, going union will be better for me, and all the guys i got to sign cards equally. and im not defending contract carriers but they have a CONTRACT,,they get the work. and my comment about closing terms that dont go union was not a threat but a possibility. they could shut it down and offer you a union job, turn it down and no unemploynent. (purely hypothetical)

I have not nor ever will argue what is best for someone else, I have not tried to sway others to vote my way becuase it benefits me.

Can you say that?

Yes APO this is what I am hoping that the rumor about regoins negoitiating is true, All the terminals in my region deliver to the same hub, except the ones that go out of state, and we all have the same concerns and rules, it only makes sense.
How does one determine which region they belong to...?by hub,spoke or wheel???? or other?

It depends on what your talking about, Ups has regions set and you can find out what region you belong in by looking there.

I think but am not 100% sure The union has boundaries set. And are diffrent than the company.