FedEx Freight | Any news on if there will be an October pay increase?

Back in June when negotiations started everything became frozen for those 2 centers. Everything has to be done through collective bargaining. The union has nothing to bargain with to get that 75 cent raise, so your stuck with nothing until a contract is signed or a decert. Just another thing the union fails to mention.

I wouldn't be so certain. I am not positive how this will play out, But... here's the fun part. A quick search of cases shows this one:

DHL EXPRESS, INC.
Board Decision

Page 1408

Summary of Conclusions of Law
1. Respondent violated Section 8(a)(1) by distributing to its employees in September 2006 a memorandum stating that wages, benefits, and working conditions would be frozen pending the outcome of negotiations if employees selected the Union as their collective-bargaining representative. This effectively constitutes a threat that employees will lose benefits if they chose union representation.

2. Respondent, by Carla Ford, violated Section 8(a)(1) in September 2006, by telling employees who reported to her that during collective bargaining there would be no step increases and that wages would be frozen...

ORDER
The Respondent, DHL Express, Inc., Wilmington, Ohio, its officers, agents, successors, and assigns, shall
1. Cease and desist from
(a) Threatening employees with a loss of benefits, specifically periodic wage increases, if they select the Union as their collective-bargaining representative...

Last edited:
Okay I have a question for y'all, supposing clt and eph don't get the raise, does that mean when open enrollment for insurance comes up and that is one of the items being negotiated (or I assume it is)that clt and eph will be left out of that as well? Wouldn't that mean that now they would have a lapse in coverage? Do you really think that will happen? Regardless of negotiations, the raise and insurance will continue as before IMHO, but another raise and better insurance can still be in the final writing of the contract, unless your one of those that think people will vote for less just to get a contract. We know that the union can't say look we already got you one raise so why would we try for more. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see people voting yes on a contract just to get a contract, it makes no sense to me. Why go through all of this if you willing to take less than what you already have.

Everything stays status quo. You would keep the same insurance and there's no lapse. You have to understand that all the centers that are union free(about 372 centers) will get raises and everything else the company gives while the 4 centers that the teamsters are representing get what they get through negotiations.

Everything stays status quo. You would keep the same insurance and there's no lapse. You have to understand that all the centers that are union free(about 372 centers) will get raises and everything else the company gives while the 4 centers that the teamsters are representing get what they get through negotiations.

Yes you forget to mention nothing can get worse for the yes centers. So if our insurance goes up this year theirs stays the same. So much for the big raise if our insurance goes up that means they didn't miss out on anything.

I wouldn't be so certain. I am not positive how this will play out, But... here's the fun part. A quick search of cases shows this one:

DHL EXPRESS, INC.
Board Decision

1. Respondent violated Section 8(a)(1) by distributing to its employees in September 2006 a memorandum stating that wages, benefits, and working conditions would be frozen pending the outcome of negotiations if employees selected the Union as their collective-bargaining representative. This effectively constitutes a threat that employees will lose benefits if they chose union representation.

2. Respondent, by Carla Ford, violated Section 8(a)(1) in September 2006, by telling employees who reported to her that during collective bargaining there would be no step increases and that wages would be frozen...

ORDER
The Respondent, DHL Express, Inc., Wilmington, Ohio, its officers, agents, successors, and assigns, shall
1. Cease and desist from
(a) Threatening employees with a loss of benefits, specifically periodic wage increases, if they select the Union as their collective-bargaining representative...

If this was law, why wasn't fedex charged. You always heard in the meetings with the company that everything would be frozen after negotiations started. Anyways negotiations already started things can be frozen or they have to be collective bargained

Yes you forget to mention nothing can get worse for the yes centers. So if our insurance goes up this year theirs stays the same. So much for the big raise if our insurance goes up that means they didn't miss out on anything.

I'll use your line. Stop saying the same old lie. You don't know if the insurance is going up.

Everything stays status quo. You would keep the same insurance and there's no lapse. You have to understand that all the centers that are union free(about 372 centers) will get raises and everything else the company gives while the 4 centers that the teamsters are representing get they get through negotiations.
But my point is that you have to enroll for the insurance, if it's being negotiated how can you enroll.

If this was law, why wasn't fedex charged. You always heard in the meetings with the company that everything would be frozen after negotiations started. Anyways negotiations already started things can be frozen or they have to be collective bargained
He just proved you wrong. Its not a law, it's a ruling, A set precedents. There is no law on the books but if Fed Ex freezes wages the union goes back to the case that set the precedents.

DHL EXPRESS, INC.
Board Decision

Page 1408

ORDER
1. Cease and desist from

The use of the word "IF" in the decision would imply that the DHL folks were in the middle of campaigning, whereas that ship has proverbally sailed in the situation being discussed. Will that make a difference? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That post above maybe the right ticket here Pop's.
I could make a phone call and find out the truth but some on here may not be happy with the outcome of said call. Could go either way but. I personally will go with Teamsters will get the raise along with the other jelly fish.
Put a stop to the people working for free on their own time.
Sucking their way into what ever is best for their personal parade.
Screw their raise and make the health care more affordable, especially for those that live out in the woods outside of coverage area.

Hope you all get a big raise from old generous Fredrick.
As long as raise's are being handed out Tractor man needs one too and a bonus 1 inch chain and ratchet binder.

DHL EXPRESS, INC.
Board Decision

Page 1408

ORDER
1. Cease and desist from

Interesting reading but not exactly relevant here, this was about the company using this as a "threat" before a vote. At the time of this the employees hadn't "selected" the union as their representative and the company was trying to discourage it which is against the rules. DHL was still in the process of organizing, EPH and CLT are passed that point. The way I understand it it could go either way with the union being the deciding factor, they could say sure go ahead or nope we'll handle it. I would guess they will get the raise because I don't think negotiations are that far along and they wouldn't want to anger the employees by denying them the raise. I could see it if they were right at the point of signing a contract but I don't think they are. And just a side note DHL shut that facility down.

That post above maybe the right ticket here Pop's.
I could make a phone call and find out the truth but some on here may not be happy with the outcome of said call. Could go either way but. I personally will go with Teamsters will get the raise along with the other jelly fish.
Put a stop to the people working for free on their own time.
Sucking their way into what ever is best for their personal parade.
Screw their raise and make the health care more affordable, especially for those that live out in the woods outside of coverage area.
Go ahead make the call we'll be waiting.

Hope you all get a big raise from old generous Fredrick.
As long as raise's are being handed out Tractor man needs one too and a bonus 1 inch chain and ratchet binder.

Don't worry about me I'm fine I've got all the binders I need and I don't use 1" chain that's stupid. Plus I already make more than you and I get 100% of my pension contribution. Man I tell you what you guys spend a lot of time on me for a guy who doesn't matter.

The use of the word "IF" in the decision would imply that the DHL folks were in the middle of campaigning, whereas that ship has proverbally sailed in the situation being discussed. Will that make a difference? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I do understand the difference, in terms of point in the process. But, it seems to me, in order to have found DHL in violation, the statements must have been false, or at a minimum, the statements must have been "less than certain", based on law.

As I said, I'm not prepared to predict this one. I do think extreme care will be required if they are denied, and previous communications could come into play.

Sounds like ot just got a little harder to get!

Nonsense. (no offense)

How do you figure that? If the current overtime premium of 50% per hour is not a deterrent, why would 50.05% (Approx >/<) be a deterrent?

We might need to start another thread to talk about the actual wage increase, since this one has wondered off into the weeds...

Last edited:
Don't worry about me I'm fine I've got all the binders I need and I don't use 1" chain that's stupid. Plus I already make more than you and I get 100% of my pension contribution. Man I tell you what you guys spend a lot of time on me for a guy who doesn't matter.

Kind of funny you don't see the irony in your own posts. You come on here and call everyone children then try to engage those same people in a pissing contest. I think your the only one that needs to grow up. I seriously doubt you make more than any line driver with a long run but that really doesn't matter in your peeing contest.

Kind of funny you don't see the irony in your own posts. You come on here and call everyone children then try to engage those same people in a pissing contest. I think your the only one that needs to grow up. I seriously doubt you make more than any line driver with a long run but that really doesn't matter in your peeing contest.

You saw my tax return didn't you? I'll take what I do over the best linehaul run out there and know my hourly rate and pension contribution is better than his and that's a fact. I'm not the one who came in here bragging about what I make you guys brought that into the conversation. For the record you suck at ignoring me.