FedEx Freight | Any news on if there will be an October pay increase?

Like I said it goes thru bargaining. What is the union going to give up to sign off on it. The union is bargaining for a contract. Those employees are being represented by the union. The company is not going to just give that raise for free and say ok. The union needs something to bargain with to get that raise for the employees they represent. I guarantee you they won't get that raise. The union would lose everything.

Back to the same old tired argument. You have no idea if they will get it or not so you automatically spread the lie they won't. Classic

Like I said it goes thru bargaining. What is the union going to give up to sign off on it. The union is bargaining for a contract. Those employees are being represented by the union. The company is not going to just give that raise for free and say ok. The union needs something to bargain with to get that raise for the employees they represent. I guarantee you they won't get that raise. The union would lose everything.
I don't think what you say is right, but if it is then that means that every employee won't get the raise then because it is illegal to give the "anti guys" a raise and not the ones who voted yes.

So under that scenario the union does have some leverage, but like I said a planned raise or bonus can not be withheld whether they are negotiating or not.

I don't think what you say is right, but if it is then that means that every employee won't get the raise then because it is illegal to give the "anti guys" a raise and not the ones who voted yes.

So under that scenario the union does have some leverage, but like I said a planned raise or bonus can not be withheld whether they are negotiating or not.
Incorrect, as I understand it, everyone else WILL get the raise because they elected NOT to seek representation. As for EPH and CLT, it's up to the union to decide if we get the raise or if they want to withhold our raise and negotiate for something better since our negotiations have already started.

Either way it's a lose/lose situation for the union!!

So you drug out a post from 2 years ago when we still had 10 hours shifts and to many people congratulations on the dumb ass of the day award. Things have changed maybe if you actually worked here you would know 10s are a thing of the past. Get a life how long did it take you to dig up a post from 2 years ago? Man you need a hobby lol.
Took about 30 seconds, actually it was from April of 2015, and it was a little joke settle down. As far as working there and knowing, at the terminal I'm most familiar with 4 10's are alive and well 5 bids the last time they bid which was in June.

Back to the same old tired argument. You have no idea if they will get it or not so you automatically spread the lie they won't. Classic
You don't know either so how are you any different? But the way I understand it the union can absolutely stop it, compensation is between the union and the company now. If you end up being wrong and sex pistol is right does that make you the liar?

Look at it this way. Everybody is represented by the company except CLT and EPH. They are represented by the the teamsters. So whatever the company gives to the people they represent,they get and not the people represented by the teamsters. If the teamsters ever get a contract,the people they represent will get what's in the contract and not the rest of the company.

I called him a liar because he is saying they won't. When in fact nobody knows. I have no idea why anyone responds to you everything has to be explained to you over and over.

I don't know why you respond to me since you claim to ignore me, and you don't have to explain things to me over and over I keep up just fine the problem is you're not that bright of a boy. Ok lets try this since you like facts "truth monster" the fact is the union does have to sign off on it and they very well could deny it, keeping up so far? If they do then you would be wrong once again which by your definition makes you a liar, simple enough for ya? I suggest you give up until someone smarter gets back on to PM you what to say.

I don't know why you respond to me since you claim to ignore me, and you don't have to explain things to me over and over I keep up just fine the problem is you're not that bright of a boy. Ok lets try this since you like facts "truth monster" the fact is the union does have to sign off on it and they very well could deny it, keeping up so far? If they do then you would be wrong once again which by your definition makes you a liar, simple enough for ya? I suggest you give up until someone smarter gets back on to PM you what to say.

Here we go just repeat what i have said over and over and act like you didn't understand what i said 3 times. You can't keep up like usual maybe you should take your smart pills.

Here we go just repeat what i have said over and over and act like you didn't understand what i said 3 times. You can't keep up like usual maybe you should take your smart pills.

I'm keeping up fine thank you, here's where we are sex pistol thinks they won't get a raise and you're calling him a lair, am I close?

I'm keeping up fine thank you, here's where we are sex pistol thinks they won't get a raise and you're calling him a lair, am I close?

You need a pen pal or something do you honestly like to go back and forth for no reason. No need to respond and keep repeating the same thing over and over.

Incorrect, as I understand it, everyone else WILL get the raise because they elected NOT to seek representation. As for EPH and CLT, it's up to the union to decide if we get the raise or if they want to withhold our raise and negotiate for something better since our negotiations have already started.

Either way it's a lose/lose situation for the union!!
That's what I meant the employees at these terminals I didn't mean company wide. And it's not necessarily a lose/lose, they can still agree to the raise while negotiating a contract. If they said no, then yes it's a loss.

Okay I have a question for y'all, supposing clt and eph don't get the raise, does that mean when open enrollment for insurance comes up and that is one of the items being negotiated (or I assume it is)that clt and eph will be left out of that as well? Wouldn't that mean that now they would have a lapse in coverage? Do you really think that will happen? Regardless of negotiations, the raise and insurance will continue as before IMHO, but another raise and better insurance can still be in the final writing of the contract, unless your one of those that think people will vote for less just to get a contract. We know that the union can't say look we already got you one raise so why would we try for more. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see people voting yes on a contract just to get a contract, it makes no sense to me. Why go through all of this if you willing to take less than what you already have.