TForce | Any news or new rumours on the contract

Stay away from the rumors,........No good comes from rumors,.....

Stick to the FACTS,....

The fact is that there was a conference call about the contract talks with your stewards and Ken Hall yesterday,....

Your steward should have the FACTS about the talks,...Ask him/her tomorrow and you will then have the FACTS,...

they are going through it little by little to get rid of as much grey areas as they can.

for one i hope they add negligence clause , to make the company punish or fire supers that ignore the contract and do as they please.
half of the supers in HRS do what they want, you file a grievance on them and even after its ruled against them they still do it be cause nothing happens to them. the donkey second shift super had 100+ grievances's filed on his actions alone last year...
the place would run so much smoother is ups brought their management in, these over night supers are stuck in the past on the good ole boy system.

they are going through it little by little to get rid of as much grey areas as they can.

for one i hope they add negligence clause , to make the company punish or fire supers that ignore the contract and do as they please.
half of the supers in HRS do what they want, you file a grievance on them and even after its ruled against them they still do it be cause nothing happens to them. the donkey second shift super had 100+ grievances's filed on his actions alone last year...
the place would run so much smoother is ups brought their management in, these over night supers are stuck in the past on the good ole boy system.

Violating a settled grievance is a labor charge. Talk with a lawyer and sue the company or the union(whom ever is doing or allowing this). It will take some time but is easy money.

A guy in the know told me the contract us all done except monetary and subcontracting. So I'd say a strike could be in play.

A guy in the know told me the contract us all done except monetary and subcontracting. So I'd say a strike could be in play.
And just what would we be accomplishing by striking...........Loosing alot of guys jobs for the most part. If we are the only freight company that goes on strike, what do you think happens to our customers, you know the people that pay us. They start using other carriers that do the same job that we do, but now they are more reliable because they are not on strike. And it's not like the pacage business wher there are only two other competitors, there are at least a dozen other freight companies that will gladly haul our freight with a happy heart and clear conscience. A strike might sound like the right thing to do but you better think long and hard about what the long term effects may be on your job, especially if you are a low man on the board. you better have a good back-up plan for after the strike.

There is no "could" here, just a "rumor"!

You quoted my post on your response. I gave an update from what I learned & added there could be a strike. Not should be or would be.

My personal feeling is while I do not want a strike, the subcontractor issue is the biggest issue I have faced in 30 years in this business. There has to be moves made in our favor or I will vote no.

Stay away from the rumors,........No good comes from rumors,.....

Stick to the FACTS,....

The fact is that there was a conference call about the contract talks with your stewards and Ken Hall yesterday,....

Your steward should have the FACTS about the talks,...Ask him/her tomorrow and you will then have the FACTS,...

Just think Dragnet...

Has anyone heard any new info or new rumours on contract talks, like us going to be wearing brown shirts in the future.

Wearing brown shirts are the least of our problems. When they are trying to make cuts to out retirement if you can believe that. That first contract made them believe they can do anything they want to a bunch of hillbilly truck drivers. Don't hold out for much unless the whole company is willing to pay the price on the picket line. The contracts are up at the same time. We could have a lot of power if parcel stood with us. Not only are we watching but all the other nonunion companies are watching. Union better get this one right...