ABF | Anybody checked out abfatwork.com?

:1036316054: U da man Frog!!! We all need to be well informed with the truth. Not the half truths, or rumors. Solidarity my friends is what will carry us through the contract negotiations.
Go to your local union meetings. Fill the halls and by all means ask questions. Remember whether your road, city, dock, or office workers, we are all brothers and sisters.
There is nothing the company would like to do more is that divide us all, weak unions are easy to screw.
GO TO YOUR LOCAL UNION MEETINGS, YOU'LL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH MALARKY IS SPREAD THROUGH GOOFS LIKE MR MANAGEMENT.

And boy your are setting the perfect example for the Jr. bros with the content in your posts.

And boy your are setting the perfect example for the Jr. bros with the content in your posts.

I had a complete 2 paragraph response for you.
But you are one of those mind over matter guys, I dont mind that you dont matter. See you at the strike vote at the hall.

Mikey,

My father passed some years ago so you can keep him out of all this.

Also, I am not equating us with mobsters. Did not say or imply anyone was stupid.

It is a waste of everyones time to go back and forth with this unless people can actually share "facts" to the subject and back them up with reference. 14+ billion underfunded is a fact and it will not catch up by us just adding members. It's like a cat chasing its tail. Ford can't/couldn't continue to go down the same old path and expect to compete with Toyota, they had to make changes etc... Same thing here. I would rather face the tough decision now and know the outcome versus doing the same old and then wait for the dreaded unknown.

But I will go with this, just like I said in the other forum, mark these posts down and we will just have to see how it plays out.

where are your facts? the facts your quoting are several years old. grow up

and your problem is what? go back to mahogany row and have your secretary pour you a glass of reality.
NON MEMBERS are not allowed. So I guess we wont be seeing you

We "all" matter, Mikey.

Whether you notice it or not, your posts like these, continue to bring validity to some of my previous comments...

and your problem is what? go back to mahogany row and have your secretary pour you a glass of reality.
NON MEMBERS are not allowed. So I guess we wont be seeing you

My problem is trying to get some people to face as your say "reality".

Wish I had a secretary but I wouldn't have space for her in the cab.

HEY MF I will not respond to any more of your rhetoric on this thread, its way off the topic, its getting too personal, and its just not worth the effort. have a nice day. I just dont like the inference that the teamsters are mobsters, or anything else illegitimate. Go to a union meeting, state your case at a microphone. That is the proper forum for this.
I AM DONE

where are your facts? the facts your quoting are several years old. grow up

Several years old? Grow up? What does that have to do with my facts?

Go back and look at the ref that I posted with my comments. I'm sure an article was written a year or two ago, and then there are recent articles. Nevertheless, if they are two, or three years if they state facts and address what is real now, then what does it matter.

If you can dig up factual referenced material that supports your case then bring it here and use it.

HEY MF I will not respond to any more of your rhetoric on this thread, its way off the topic, its getting too personal, and its just not worth the effort. have a nice day. I just dont like the inference that the teamsters are mobsters, or anything else illegitimate. Go to a union meeting, state your case at a microphone. That is the proper forum for this.
I AM DONE

I did not intend to make any inference to Teamsters and mobsters, the Title of the article (not written by me.) has that in there. I intended the substance of the article to be viewed as we can't post the whole article.

Several years old? Grow up? What does that have to do with my facts?

Go back and look at the ref that I posted with my comments. I'm sure an article was written a year or two ago, and then there are recent articles. Nevertheless, if they are two, or three years if they state facts and address what is real now, then what does it matter.

If you can dig up factual referenced material that supports your case then bring it here and use it.

Why dont you get your facts straight. I called Central States today after reading your baloney and you are way off. Your dug up factual reference is as old as the hills and twice as dusty. Why dont you go to your local union hall, and do like Mikey says, get up to the microphone and bring your weak soapbox with you. You are a mope.

Why dont you get your facts straight. I called Central States today after reading your baloney and you are way off. Your dug up factual reference is as old as the hills and twice as dusty. Why dont you go to your local union hall, and do like Mikey says, get up to the microphone and bring your weak soapbox with you. You are a mope.

Cool, is there a site that you could reference that helps provide additional information.

Thanks,

This message has been deleted by nuckinfutz. Reason: this guy is a mope, he aint smart enough to be chimp

Thats cool. I can change my signon to Mopey or Mope. I'll give you the honors, which one do you like best? By the way, seeing how dumb I am, explain what a mope is.

Come on gentlemen,can ya all quit poking sticks in each others eyes for a awhile?

If ya do, I will spring for the cookies and milk!:1036316054:

Cookie.gif

Why don't we get back on track here? I was just looking at the "At Work" site and there are some pretty good questions and comments from guys who really know what to do and what is in the works. I believe the questions are better than the answers. I also believe that ABF may trying to take advantage of the situation. It is pretty well known that the freight companies would love to break up the NMFA and this Roundtable deal is just a tool to do that. When Robert Young was President of ABF around 94 he was also the head of TMI. If you remember the strike we had and the fact that Carolina worked during the strike and then immediately thereafter ABF purchased Carolina. These companies are very trickey when it comes to money and manipulating the work force. The YRC Companies could very well have been in agreement to ABF pulling out so they could start the demise of the NMFA, because if ABF is successful in negotiating a contract different from the NMFA then YRC would have something to complain about and that will deffinately start the race to the bottom.

demise...

demise - union, drive to the bottom....listen to what we speak. What is ABF proposing? Buy out the pension, not ride the coat tails of YRC....I'm glad to see that someone recognizes what direction we are all headed without CHANGE! We work for ABF, at least I think that's the name on my paycheck. I'm awake - keeping my eyes on the road!!!!!

demise - union, drive to the bottom....listen to what we speak. What is ABF proposing? Buy out the pension, not ride the coat tails of YRC....I'm glad to see that someone recognizes what direction we are all headed without CHANGE! We work for ABF, at least I think that's the name on my paycheck. I'm awake - keeping my eyes on the road!!!!!
Well since your profile says you are a sales rep be sure and stay out of the way of the big trucks while you are keeping your eyes on the road. Oh and don't forget to sell some of our services while your at it. Seems to me you folks could do more about the well being of ABF than any of the Teamster work force.

Well I guess you have a right to your opinon even thought you are not a driver or a union member. So you have that right but it doesn't count. Yep the paycheck says ABF the amount of that check comes from the TEAMSTERS.