ODFL | anybody seeing any new trucks

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
i know alot of terminals are running short on trucks has any one seen or heard anything about new trucks i know in mrt drivers are waiting on trucks to come off the road so they can leave out i heard a rumor there mad at freightliner over all the breakdowns in the 2008 model trucks

Haven't seen any new tractors around these parts since earlier this year,they're fixing up and re-registering stored WSKT units to go back into local service,like other places we're pretty short on line equipment if a unit breaks down a real headache getting things covered.

my tm told us they were ordering 400
If true it'll still be quite some time before we see them in the fleet,by the time they get ordered,Freightliner(assumed)built them to OD's spec's,and stated getting them delivered might be the end of the year,at earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is good in MNS were have exactly enough trucks for the city drivers now not including the 2 that will be added soon( me and another guy) with none left over.

I keep hearing the number 400 also,from a lot of different people,might actually be something there..

i got passed last week by one of your trucks i have never seen before. a cascadia, but it was a tandem day cab.
OD bought a pretty fair number of tandem Cascadia day cabs,they came into service in '09. Demolitionman the vast majority of them are found west of Denver hauling Rocky Mountain doubles,probaly pretty rare in Your neck of the woods.

Heard we are getting 10 single screws in December in Den, and 8 twin screws in March........ Can't come soon enough for us. Anybody heard what motor they went with?

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a notice on our message board touting one of the features of the new tractors a form of stability roll control,if sensors detect a tractor begining to tip or roll an internal computer activates the brakes to arrest the roll.Even though the tractors havent yet been delivered (or possibly built)yet they've already been assigned unit numbers,that would confirm they're comming soon!

I've heard they'll be Detroit/Mercedes like the '10's,except the engines will require urea for the exhaust system