ODFL | anybody seeing any new trucks

We had a notice on our message board touting one of the features of the new tractors a form of stability roll control,if sensors detect a tractor begining to tip or roll an internal computer activates the brakes to arrest the roll.Even though the tractors havent yet been delivered (or possibly built)yet they've already been assigned unit numbers,that would confirm they're comming soon!

I sure hope they are not too sensitive! The heavy cross winds we deal with In Wyoming mixed with the icy roads will cause a real problem if the sensitivity is to high!!!

I sure hope they are not too sensitive! The heavy cross winds we deal with In Wyoming mixed with the icy roads will cause a real problem if the sensitivity is to high!!!
I was kinda thinking the same thing on I-70,supposedly it only activates brakes at wheel position needed to stabilise the unit.

There is already a form of this on the trucks now that activates the engine brake when it senses the truck leaning to far (yes i know we didn't get engine brakes till 07). If we are now talking about the actual breaks being applied also then i will look at the accident reports more closely cause it seems like a recipe for disaster. Imagine you get a new truck with this technology and also has the super single tires on the drives, you blow a drive tire and.......... leave the rest to your imagination. And also this would only be if the system doesnt work correctly but what are the chances of that happening? Probably as good as my BLU system crashing several times in the last couple weeks or the keyboard locking up etc..... lol not complaining just saying is all

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, too much is being taken out of the drivers hands and given to computers, sensors etc.....Not sure I like the intrusion. I'd just as soon handle things if they get a little dicey. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it's tantamount to someone grabbing the wheel to assist me...

In my opinion, too much is being taken out of the drivers hands and given to computers, sensors etc.....Not sure I like the intrusion. I'd just as soon handle things if they get a little dicey. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it's tantamount to someone grabbing the wheel to assist me...
Valid points to be sure,there's a pretty good chance these safety features will never be activated in an entire career assuming a driver is not putting themselves in dangerous situations.

oldy but goody

I am in an 07 with nearly a million miles and traded down from an 08 last year. It's running fine and hope that it hangs in there. God bless you fellow gear jammers and hope that all have a blessed thanksgiving. Thanks to mrt personnel for being great people to work with especially.

The stability control is designed to activate usually when taking a curve or when turning,not going to help keep you upright when your set of empties catch a 60mph crosswind on a hill or overpass.

I have heard the new tractors have moved a little closer to the terminals.MAYBE next week they'll start hitting OD dirt.Maybe...................

We've actually heard the number of units our terminal is due to recieve,so they must not be too far in the future,assuming the number is correct.One of the most impressive things about our company is the willingness of the executives to re-invest the earnings into the business.

Feelin bad for the shop guys. Twice in 3 days I brought them in a tractor with major issues. Engine knock and a rear end vibration. Just failures due to high mileage. SLC has a shop full and a line outside. Really need 24/7 shop people. Shops just can't keep up with 2 shifts and no weekend shop persons. Work about every weekend and notice how line gets really long by Mon. morning.