TForce | Anyone heard

I say it is a wise person who guards their thoughts and selects their words,because once a word is spoken or written you can't get it back.
And I'm sure we all know that words coming from us,are what separates the intelligent,from the idiots.

I say it is a wise person who guards their thoughts and selects their words,because once a word is spoken or written you can't get it back.
And I'm sure we all know that words coming from us,are what separates the intelligent,from the idiots.

Jesus is Lord! One Lord one faith one baptism.

I guess you don't know the history of Overnite. In the worst of times we never had to take a pay cut. And we had some pretty rough times...

Like I told a friend, it will take 10 years to wipe away the ovnt mentality from this workforce; by attrition.

So you get along with those you are tired of seeing shafting your co-workers?

Yes, I do not have any personal issues with any managers, people need to seperate there work life from there personal one and remember this is only a job.

When A manager fires someone he has to get approval from higher up, human resources, managers do what there told to do that is there job, people who take discipline personally need to take a step back and look at there self, it is a professional relationship, the opposite is also true when I file a harassment grievance the manager should not take it personal which most of them don't. This is what I tell them "We can work together or against each other but when things don't get done becuase managers and employees aren't getting along it is easier to replace a single manager than 20 employees."

Sounds like you are a classic fence sitter.

That deserves it's own post

No one made you sign a card. No one forced you to join the Union. you are in Florida, (a right to free load state), why don't you drop out?

I have said many times you can't work for ups without some kind of representation what we have is better than nothing. the union has no will to fight ups that is the leaderships fault and our fault for not making the union stand up for us.

Why haven't you filed a ULP against the company and the Union for failure to to represent and unfair labor practices? You aren't that tired? Are you? You are tired enough to complain, but not willing to do what it takes to get the action you want done. File a ULP against the Union, put your name on it.

There have been many ulp's filed, there is no difference between filing that and a grievance, paperwork is not gonna change a single thing. That is all the current union wants to do, paperwork!

Can one person tell me how many road drivers are currently laid off from their road bids because of contractors?

I could, but it doesn't matter,

how many road drivers have shorter/reduced runs, how many road drivers have had the premium (daytime) runs done away with and given night runs or now run minihub, how many road drivers are working the city or the dock, how many city drivers are forced to the dock or had there runs shortened, how many dock guys now work shortened schedules or are sent home becuase of road drivers and city drivers bumping down.

Contractors affect more than just "Road Drivers"

I could, but it doesn't matter,

how many road drivers have shorter/reduced runs, how many road drivers have had the premium (daytime) runs done away with and given night runs or now run minihub, how many road drivers are working the city or the dock, how many city drivers are forced to the dock or had there runs shortened, how many dock guys now work shortened schedules or are sent home becuase of road drivers and city drivers bumping down.

Contractors affect more than just "Road Drivers"

Give the number. If not, then it is all just hot air.

The unions job is to be our voice, for us to speak to our employer with one voice, we tell the union what we want to fight for, what we want changed and they negoitiate/ fight on our behalf that is what we pay them for, to represent us, that is where the term union represenative came from. It is our choice if we want to strike or not, it is our choice if we want to settle or not, it is our choice not thiers, when they start making decisions on our behalf and accepting deals without letting us vote on them that is when you know they are no longer fighting for our best intrest remember it is not there job to cut deals there job is to be our voice.

And any steward or BA who tries to convince there members that the economy is the reason the union will not fight subcontractors, is worse than so called freeloaders or s c a b s. The same goes for BA/ steward who tries to convince us that the company would shut us down if we push the issue.

That is our decision to make as employees we did not force ups into a contract, they pushed us into it and if they do not want to follow it then they should not have agreed to it.

The unions job is to be our voice, for us to speak to our employer with one voice, we tell the union what we want to fight for, what we want changed and they negoitiate/ fight on our behalf that is what we pay them for, to represent us, that is where the term union represenative came from. It is our choice if we want to strike or not, it is our choice if we want to settle or not, it is our choice not thiers, when they start making decisions on our behalf and accepting deals without letting us vote on them that is when you know they are no longer fighting for our best intrest remember it is not there job to cut deals there job is to be our voice.

And any steward or BA who tries to convince there members that the economy is the reason the union will not fight subcontractors, is worse than so called freeloaders or s c a b s. The same goes for BA/ steward who tries to convince us that the company would shut us down if we push the issue.

That is our decision to make as employees we did not force ups into a contract, they pushed us into it and if they do not want to follow it then they should not have agreed to it.

I believe you are right about the union. But the new teamsters have it backwards. They fight for what the company wants.

the company will fire you without cause and the union will stand by and let it happen. when are you going to realize you are just an atm and the company and the union want you to drink the koolaid. the brown union bought and paid for by ups