TForce | Anything New?

Really Accelerator I'm not kidding around with you.
Someone needs to get in touch with the head of your regions safety department,so they can get back with any TM thats not with the program yet.
I know the head of my regions safety department has a way of getting these TM's attention,and helping them to get on the right path,to come up to speed with what UPS wants for all of their workers.

I've made this call a few times,and have only gotten positive conversations,and also safety didn't inform anyone that I called them.

Which is far nicer then the treatment I've ever gotten calling Human Res.,in the past.

I am speaking soley of not only past but presant practices, judged soley of what most is saying on this board APO. Busternite said it in his post.... And the same has happened with linehaul in our terminal.

All this is very interesting, I myself am a linehaul minihub driver, work 11.5-12 hours a nite, Only safety info I have recieved is a little 3 page test, a safety vest, and a whole lot of conflicting advice from yard jockeys, nite supervisors and other road drivers. Example: wear vest only when in the yard hooking or unhooking (told to me by a jockey) do not have to wear vest when walking in the safety zone,(told to me by a supervisor). Have to wear vest at ALL times,even in the safety zone,(told to me by the domiciled road driver).My T.M. said" DUH, just wear the vest, dont cause a ruckus " but our service center,(13 door small)I dont see anyone wearing the vest, in fact the vests are still piled up on the drivers table.fact! no wonder road drivers have attitudes, and this by the way is only a small example, I could go on all nite.

All this is very interesting, I myself am a linehaul minihub driver, work 11.5-12 hours a nite, Only safety info I have recieved is a little 3 page test, a safety vest, and a whole lot of conflicting advice from yard jockeys, nite supervisors and other road drivers. Example: wear vest only when in the yard hooking or unhooking (told to me by a jockey) do not have to wear vest when walking in the safety zone,(told to me by a supervisor). Have to wear vest at ALL times,even in the safety zone,(told to me by the domiciled road driver).My T.M. said" DUH, just wear the vest, dont cause a ruckus " but our service center,(13 door small)I dont see anyone wearing the vest, in fact the vests are still piled up on the drivers table.fact! no wonder road drivers have attitudes, and this by the way is only a small example, I could go on all nite.

This is exactly my point and it happens with everything. No matter the topic ,everything. Company wide.

It hasn't been warm enough to paint our cross walks on our terminal yard pavement.
So all of us just put them on when we park our own personal vehicles,and leave them on untill we drive out of our gate to our first stop.

I'm the safety trainer,and I was told on the conference call that when we are doing anything in the yard,hooking,and unhooking our units,as well as fueling our tractors.
The vest is to be worn.
If we are coming to the terminal building from our employee parking area,and walk in the cross walks to get inside,then we don't have to have them on.

But its a lot easier to put them on,and leave them on till we leave our terminal yard.
This is what I,and all of my co-workers are doing.

Its kind of sad when something so simple can get so complicated when to many people are trying to teach the way they think it should be?

Don't know if this one is new to you.....I was talkin with my line-haul supervisor the other day, and he said that coorperate is aiming to phase out the outside carriers by the 19th of this month.

The 19th of the month. Yea but what year... :biglaugh:

On the UPS Freight career page for employeement with our company theres a place toward the bottom of that jobs page they are looking for owner operators.

So if they are looking to hire owner operators on their empolyement page,why would anyone think they will phase them out anytime soon?

On the UPS Freight career page for employeement with our company theres a place toward the bottom of that jobs page they are looking for owner operators.

So if they are looking to hire owner operators on their empolyement page,why would anyone think they will phase them out anytime soon?

Good point!!!!!

Isn't the position posted for owner operators within the truckload division? Please correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't truckload similar to that of common carriers? Most companies regularly have many owner operators in these positions, anyhow(i.e. swift, knight, ect.---lots of miles, away from home for weeks at a time).

Isn't the position posted for owner operators within the truckload division? Please correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't truckload similar to that of common carriers? Most companies regularly have many owner operators in these positions, anyhow(i.e. swift, knight, ect.---lots of miles, away from home for weeks at a time).

Yes you are right Ollie. Although I have seen them bring a set of pups to our terminal from back east somewhere.

Yes you are 100% correct. We have seen some of those owner operators pulling pup's in our terminals too, once twice a week for 2 months.

Our yard is starting to look more like Ryder rental than UPSF/O/MC. Wait.....that could be a good thing!!!

After a time study, we have been brought too the realization that using multitudes of differently branded vehicles we confuse the customer into thinking one is cheaper then the other, therefore getting all the freight.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Yes you are 100% correct. We have seen some of those owner operators pulling pup's in our terminals too, once twice a week for 2 months.
So, if the truckload covers bulk freight over the span of many miles and the division is divided between (company hired)owner operators and company drivers and it is still kept in house, this would be a good thing, wouldn't it? The way I see it, this is the LTL industry's way of competing with the common carrier market(i.e. UPSF Truckload, Conway Truckload, ect.). Though I may be wrong, I see this as a good thing.

So, if the truckload covers bulk freight over the span of many miles and the division is divided between (company hired)owner operators and company drivers and it is still kept in house, this would be a good thing, wouldn't it? The way I see it, this is the LTL industry's way of competing with the common carrier market(i.e. UPSF Truckload, Conway Truckload, ect.). Though I may be wrong, I see this as a good thing.

Well yes you are rite, but on the same note, if the truckload carrier, contracter, is carrying LTL freight, that promotes a problem for our hub drivers ( ROAD DRIVERS) and this is what we are seeing, and it isnt necessarily on the longhaul iether.

Don't know if this one is new to you.....I was talkin with my line-haul supervisor the other day, and he said that coorperate is aiming to phase out the outside carriers by the 19th of this month.
Really that sounds like contract talk,HUMMMMMMMMMM:1036316054:

Heres something thats,old,as well as new.

We all have been given the new yard rules and have been putting them into practise by now.
May 1st was to have been the date for the start of zero tolerence with every one of us doing our best to be safe in line with these new regulations,so we could keep our jobs with UPS Freight.
Well thats the new part.

Now heres the old news.
My TM had a meeting with my co-workers about the waring of the vests.

I was out dropping off an appoinment delivery,so I missed out on the meeting.
When I returned to hook up my route trailer,some of my co-workers asked me about waring the vests.

I asked why they were asking I had thought everyone was taught what my TM,and I heard on the conference call from the head of the safety department?

So I went to the TM to ask him what was going on?
I asked about what was said on the conference call,and now its changed?

He got very angry with me.
Hey like I knew what was going on?
Well he said I didn't know what I was talking about,then implied I was lying about what I heard from safety.

So I told him I wanted to quit being his safety trainer.
He said bye,bye,in other words if I don't want it I can resign from my job.

Well I didn't say another word,and left to do my route.

I called the head of safety,and was told,that all the TM's were given the right to do everything the way they wanted,as long as we were all kept safe.

So now we've gone from zero tolerence of every terminal being on the same page with these new safety guidlines.
To each TM doing what they think is best for their local operation.

I also found out the only way I can get out of being my terminals safety trainer is to leave the company on my own,or get fired.

So there you have it,new rules,carried out the old Overnite way,of the TM's setting their own policy.

Heres something thats,old,as well as new.

We all have been given the new yard rules and have been putting them into practise by now.
May 1st was to have been the date for the start of zero tolerence with every one of us doing our best to be safe in line with these new regulations,so we could keep our jobs with UPS Freight.
Well thats the new part.

Now heres the old news.
My TM had a meeting with my co-workers about the waring of the vests.

I was out dropping off an appoinment delivery,so I missed out on the meeting.
When I returned to hook up my route trailer,some of my co-workers asked me about waring the vests.

I asked why they were asking I had thought everyone was taught what my TM,and I heard on the conference call from the head of the safety department?

So I went to the TM to ask him what was going on?
I asked about what was said on the conference call,and now its changed?

He got very angry with me.
Hey like I knew what was going on?
Well he said I didn't know what I was talking about,then implied I was lying about what I heard from safety.

So I told him I wanted to quit being his safety trainer.
He said bye,bye,in other words if I don't want it I can resign from my job.

Well I didn't say another word,and left to do my route.

I called the head of safety,and was told,that all the TM's were given the right to do everything the way they wanted,as long as we were all kept safe.

So now we've gone from zero tolerence of every terminal being on the same page with these new safety guidlines.
To each TM doing what they think is best for their local operation.

I also found out the only way I can get out of being my terminals safety trainer is to leave the company on my own,or get fired.

So there you have it,new rules,carried out the old Overnite way,of the TM's setting their own policy.

Are you beginning to understand why I have said from the start, What a joke!!!!