Yellow | Attention yrcw employees, must read important

stroud120

COME GET SOME
Credits
Stroudsburg 120, the dock workers are being aloud to train to get their cdl's at 120 to keep their jobs, no other terminal in the system is being aloud to do this. Call your local union, to ask why not at your terminal. File grievances, if you are not aloud to train, one company, one change, two sets of rules. Why can the 120 guys train and no where else can. Sounds to me you guys better start calling your local's. This is fact not rumor, just released today at 120, by our ba.

HI stroud 120

Hey, stroud 120 any you guys transfering into 135 harrisburg? How many years do u think it well take to get in there.

R-78 in Chicago Heights were training 5 years or more and also the terminal Chicago West in Bolling Brook they called it when I left year and half ago, I was out of R-78 been keeping up with you guys I went to Ashland Chem local 705 but Big R at heart. Hope the best for you guys

Stroudsburg 120, the dock workers are being aloud to train to get their cdl's at 120 to keep their jobs, no other terminal in the system is being aloud to do this. Call your local union, to ask why not at your terminal. File grievances, if you are not aloud to train, one company, one change, two sets of rules. Why can the 120 guys train and no where else can. Sounds to me you guys better start calling your local's. This is fact not rumor, just released today at 120, by our ba.
Maybe they are ALLOWED because they are "a loud" group? :duh::duh::duh:

Maybe they are ALLOWED because they are "a loud" group? :duh::duh::duh:
Yes, but the point is they are allowed to train and keep their job and not have to transfer or get laid-off. It's good for them because some have up to 36 yrs on the dock. It is also a good decision for guys at other terminals that are going down to a city terminal and need a cdl to stay at their terminal.

READ YOUR CONTRACT !!!!!!!!!!
ARTICLE 8 SECTION 6 (F)
60 DAYS TO GET CDL AT GAINING TERMINALS .
60 DAYS START FROM DAY YOU SUCCESSFULLY BID .
:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:COO S IN THE PAST HAVE ACTUALLY EXTENDED PAST 60 DAYS ...........................

Stroud, they are allowed to do this in Denver. They are allowed to do it everywhere because it is in the new contract. Geez!

To get to 135 I think yoy will need a minium of 20 to 22 years to get there. Their are alot of guys with 30 plus years saying they are going to 135.

The thing about the training is, are the all terminals going to train guys who do not have their CDL"s just to keep their jobs.

Stroud, they are allowed to do this in Denver. They are allowed to do it everywhere because it is in the new contract. Geez!

Larry, good friend... (I mean that...)

Try not to be so hard on Stroud... I came from where is he is now... They have ONE BOARD there... (since like..FOREVER)...don't know what you got in Denver and most places have TWO BOARDS.... For Stroud... it is ordinary for them to cross jobs... dock to road, and vice versa... This can not happen in a lot of places.... and still can't.... and many men think they can't. do this..and yes, they had a CDL in the first place, to be able to do this....

Stroud was just trying to help... and this is not just for Larry, but for the other posts also, that I gotta cut and paste for......

some dock men say they can't, just CAN'T drive the truck, and some road men say, they can't, just CAN'T load freight or run the tow motor.....Stroud was just trying to help... to those who can say ...."Maybe I can..."

and plenty of barns that think they can't, cuz they got two boards...and can't cross jobs.... and the key... is the CDL....

Yes, but the point is they are allowed to train and keep their job and not have to transfer or get laid-off. It's good for them because some have up to 36 yrs on the dock. It is also a good decision for guys at other terminals that are going down to a city terminal and need a cdl to stay at their terminal.

Just my two cents, and I've only been at 120 for 17 mos.8 days,and 7 hrs.But a guy who's worked THAT dock for 36 yrs. DESERVES a shot at keeping his job.:sadwavey:

Stroud120...this was MANDATED by the COO Committee last week in Dallas, when the company could not explain what would happen to these non-CDL dockworkers....The IBT demanded this to start ASAP and workers will have the training that they need....IT IS UP TO OUR MEMBERS TO GET THIS TRAINING....TAKE IT AND PROTECT YOUR JOB AND SENOIRITY WITH THIS TRAINING!....KK

I don't know what you are upset about.
This is OK and the way it is supposed to be.
Yes if those few and I mean few guys need training to keep their job.
Then it is the RIGHT thing to do.
Meeting is today at the LOCAL HALL.
Show up and ask questions!!:smilie_132: