Yellow | Attention yrcw employees, must read important

flagger.

i don't want yor job, why do you want mine?

i resigned from my old job 21 years ago because i could not be a road driver there.

i got no problem with hitting the bottom for a job i want.

the only reason there are one list terminals is because union officials need dockape votes and by letting dockapes bump into road driver lists it makes them a lot more electable when a dockape doesn't have to babysit the phone for the first few years and not have to take tough runs.

think you got the right stuff to be a road driver and come out and play in the snow?

think you got the right stuff to drive a set into 187 every night and come out through 100 via 121 or should i translate into YELLOW, MVY to QNS, to LIZ.

been there, done that, many nights while dockapes did nice new england long turns, also did many nights between MBK and CVE in the snow with bottom 241 guys out of 120 goin' home.

while you were on the dry dock hiding behind stacks of boxes.

c'mon out here.

flagger.
c'mon out here.

You are correct #1, BUT you also had a first day.
And you, like the rest of us, could not honestly state that you have not thanked God for pulling your butt out of a bad decision.
We are men out here, not masters of the universe. Although I am, at times, MASTER OF THE WORLD (of warcraft)...

Dockape...lol Soon to become a "good buddy"...
Breaker 1-9, steer clear exit #32 and that redheaded lot lizard, it's hiding 8" under that skirt. I'll be N on I-75 exiting at the 69mm, grubbing at Hooters instead. I can't recall the name of the road, but the exit is #69...
Nothing I like more than a communist that doesn't know he is a communist.
Seniority should mean seniority. I know Brothers that do not want the CDL but are just to keep their job.
Practice respect for your fellow man. YRC is a minimal pothole compared to what is in store for the good'ol USA.
Your driving $$$ might be needed to feed the neighborhood. Or you could turncoat for FEMA.

To you I have to say F--K you!
You have balls calling a brother a 'Dock Ape" The problem with guys like you is you think you are special because you drive a truck.
No big deal. Any one can drive a truck. Look at the guys in a truck stop, or your lunch room.
No Doctors need apply.
So yes dock guys have been trained so they can better themselves.
Guys like you who think they should be higher on the "pecking" order because you drive, are just a little over impressed with themselves!
That is what this Union has always been about.
My opinion is, EVERY Terminal should have one list seniority.
If you are qualified to do the job, and have the seniority to hold it. SO BE IT!
Sorry to hear you guys hate you Brothers that much.
Perhaps you need to get out and go to a non - union job.
Those who follow that school of thought should not be Teamsters!:loser:

I started in 1984, Went through CDL training in 1987. As I have told People time & time again Show me in the Master Frt aggrement, Central Pa Supplement, Or (At the time) Local work rules where I voliated anything YOU CAN'T!
Ok having said that and as I've told people time & time again I would have given up the 3 years seniority to go on the road and it would have made NO DIFFERENCE in what bid I held OR WHERE I WENT IN THE TRANSFER! And I have been telling people this for 22 years!
The rules are what they are! And no Member is a SC%MBAG for bettering himself. And as for crossing classifications? Fail the DOT Physical, Have a stroke, seizure or God forbid a drinking problem. Well at least you can go on the Dock in Central PA and have a paycheck until you pass the physical again. And I am not talking about some 60 year old man here! Members at 120/R64 know what I am talking about!
So please, Lets not lower ourselves here Guys. If you follow the rules then whats the problem?
Oh by the way where the hell is the spell check on this thing??????? Us Bums with the 3ed grade ed-e-mo-cat'en be need'in it!! LOL!!

I know that a lot of our guys are dock workers because they CAN NOT get cdl's - either something in their past - or DUI's etc etc

in all, forcing everyone to be CDL certified would force MANY guys into the unemplyed line...

flagger.

i don't want yor job, why do you want mine?

i resigned from my old job 21 years ago because i could not be a road driver there.

i got no problem with hitting the bottom for a job i want.

the only reason there are one list terminals is because union officials need dockape votes and by letting dockapes bump into road driver lists it makes them a lot more electable when a dockape doesn't have to babysit the phone for the first few years and not have to take tough runs.

think you got the right stuff to be a road driver and come out and play in the snow?

think you got the right stuff to drive a set into 187 every night and come out through 100 via 121 or should i translate into YELLOW, MVY to QNS, to LIZ.

been there, done that, many nights while dockapes did nice new england long turns, also did many nights between MBK and CVE in the snow with bottom 241 guys out of 120 goin' home.

while you were on the dry dock hiding behind stacks of boxes.

c'mon out here.

Just to let you know, been there, done that. Did 10 years on dock. Now 26 yrs, being a switcher, Line Haul, P+D.
So you need to accept the fact that you are not a Teamster Brother. You look down on you fellow workers because you think you are special because you drive a truck.
Get over yourself!:puke:

Ok so they train the non cdl teamsters to be able to stay at their location. If the location is a p&d operation, how can they become qualified to do the job? Past practice is 1000 hours in yard or 2 years with cdl for new hires? So your saying once they get their cdl's they go right out on the road... Boy I can't wait to see this. CRASH & :flame:

Ok so they train the non cdl teamsters to be able to stay at their location. If the location is a p&d operation, how can they become qualified to do the job? Past practice is 1000 hours in yard or 2 years with cdl for new hires? So your saying once they get their cdl's they go right out on the road... Boy I can't wait to see this. CRASH & :flame:

It is not perfect but at least some will stay on the job. And I thought it was 800 hours or 1 year or did that change?

there are a lot of people that do not have what it takes to drive a truck -

and when WestWay (1998) had their dock guys all get CDL's and forced some out on the road we had 30 some accidents the first month...

sad - because then those guys lose their jobs all together and we suffered HUGE financial loses from the one fatality.

Yes this is how it is going to work.
The rules of hours for gaining experiance are waived, because there will be no straight switcher bids at 120.
So you get a CDL you go.
But my understanding is that there will be a handful of straight dock bids at 120.

DOWN HERE....the purpose of getting non-CDL dock workers qualified is to benefit the Local cartage operations....not linehaul....KK

Same thing out here KK. You have to have road experience, probably at least two years, before they will even consider you for linehaul. They aren't going to send hundreds of thousands of dollars of freight and equipment into the Rocky Mountains with some rookie. They have trouble finding qualified CDL drivers around here who are also willing to work as p&d drivers. The operative word here is WORK. A lot of people don't like that concept anymore. Working the dock is about as easy a job as there is, mostly driving a forklift. It is the hours that suck. It ain't like in my day when 80% of the loads we broke had to be hand unloaded.

I remember when the dock guys used J Bars.

Is that what we called Jinpoles out here? I saw one of those things slip out from under something once and smack the guy on the end under the chin. He was lights out. The same thing happened to me with a two-wheeler one night. I had some steel bars on there, over the blade and the handle. Damn things slipped off and the handle came up and popped me under the chin. I went down for the count. Bad thing was , I was out there by myself. Had to wake up on my own. Did you ever have to maneuver one of those old con-gears, without the front wheel, around on a dirt yard with one of those old four-wheel stands, by yourself? Man I dropped a few of those on the ground. Boy that will stretch your balls lifting one of those things back up off the ground. It was even more fun screwing with them in the snow. We scaled one of those things once. They weighed 3500 pounds. I worked at one little truckline that didn't have a forklift. We moved everything with jinpoles. We had this ex-jock dock foreman. He would tell us all to gather around to move something like this. He would say, "all I want to see is assholes and elbows".

I've driven I-80, 76 thru PA and can't imagine what it takes with a set in a snowstorm. Lived in CO and it was bad enough on the passes with a car. I've been pulling pups for over 10 years and my hats off to those that do it night after night on these roads in any weather. Being P&D we just shut down when it gets icy.

Not saying it can't be done but think twice before thinking it's a cake walk to make the transition. If you do come to the dark side make sure you always have a change of undies and pants.

HEY ! please don't call them DOCKAPES... OKAY ???

Much as I been in the Freight business, it still scares the HECK outta me sometimes of what these guys hav'ta do with the fork lift and trailers and unloading/loading freight... dock p/u and dock drop offs...

I got NO RESPECT for ANY Road man that comes to my place and thinks the DOCK guy is their DOMESTIC... OKAY ???? NO ! We ain't got NO SWITCHERS HERE, and if YOU wanna sit on yer butt, FINE... or do you wanna HELP, and make your START TIME for tomorrow???? Ya getting PAID, either way....

And Central Pa Teamsters have been WAY AHEAD OF THEIR TIME..for years now.... They were the SMART ones to cross jobs when they had the chance... not all of them did, or would even think about it.... ( ask us about our PENSION PLAN )

The key is... the guy will know if they can DO IT.. or not.... and their may be some mistakes... but at least they got the chance....

I was a sewing machine operator, making clothes. then I was a HS English teacher.. now I been in office of freight companies for the past 15 years.... SO SHOOT ME ! For getting retraining, and crossing jobs !!!!

keep in mind... I been married to ROAD DRIVER for 30 yrs... so It ain't like I don't like you guys ......

The key is.. The guy will know if he CAN DO IT or NOT.. at least he was given the CHANCE....

WOW, when us Road guys come to your terminal do you give us the full "Bluemule Experience"??? :bowdown:

Tell us to hook our own damn set, correct our grammer, fix the rips in our clothes, dispatch us and sign for our time??? :biglaugh::smilie_132:

I was a sewing machine operator, making clothes. then I was a HS English teacher.. now I been in office of freight companies for the past 15 years.... SO SHOOT ME ! For getting retraining, and crossing jobs !!!!

keep in mind... I been married to ROAD DRIVER for 30 yrs... so It ain't like I don't like you guys ......

Same thing out here KK. You have to have road experience, probably at least two years, before they will even consider you for linehaul. They aren't going to send hundreds of thousands of dollars of freight and equipment into the Rocky Mountains with some rookie. They have trouble finding qualified CDL drivers around here who are also willing to work as p&d drivers. The operative word here is WORK. A lot of people don't like that concept anymore. Working the dock is about as easy a job as there is, mostly driving a forklift. It is the hours that suck. It ain't like in my day when 80% of the loads we broke had to be hand unloaded.

Seems like a lot of people want a job, however, not that many want to work.
:duh:

I've driven I-80, 76 thru PA and can't imagine what it takes with a set in a snowstorm. Lived in CO and it was bad enough on the passes with a car. I've been pulling pups for over 10 years and my hats off to those that do it night after night on these roads in any weather. Being P&D we just shut down when it gets icy.

Not saying it can't be done but think twice before thinking it's a cake walk to make the transition. If you do come to the dark side make sure you always have a change of undies and pants.

Out here, the wind is worst than the ice and snow sometimes. We have huge cement blocks that we haul in the trailers that come and go from Wyoming. If you're running empty, that is all that keeps the trailer from going over when it is empty. A friend of mine was coming through Wyoming once and came upon a wreck. He said there was a tractor sitting out in this field that was completely sheered off all the way to the sleeper. The back box from a rig coming from the opposite direction got jackknifed by the wind into the oncoming lane and slammed right into that truck. I've had my drivers on one side lifted off the road by the wind before. That's a weird feeling. I know it's hard to believe, but I have been in a couple wind storms where the wind was clocked at 150mph. I've seen it literally level houses in Boulder.

WOW, when us Road guys come to your terminal do you give us the full "Bluemule Experience"??? :bowdown:

Tell us to hook our own damn set, correct our grammer, fix the rips in our clothes, dispatch us and sign for our time??? :biglaugh:
margarita.gif
monkdy.gif

YA KNOW WHAT I LIKE

Tell us to hook our own damn set, correct our grammer, fix the rips in our clothes, dispatch us and sign for our time??? :biglaugh::smilie_132:

YES! If you come to my place you will get the full "Bluemule experience! " And it won't be to tell you how to do yer job, correct yer grammar, or mend yer clothes, or tell you that yer plaid shorts don't match with that "fishin pattern" shirt yer wearing, or to even tell you to lose the sneakers and have some steel toed boots next time I see you.

However, I do dispatch you and I do give your time. And I don't count every stupid click. I give you guys the benefit of the doubt and I round up yer time.

Hubby & I came from ONE BOARD ( Central PA Teamsters--and CF ) It was hubby's regret, that he never crossed boards when he had the chance, a road driver to the dock---This was a "benefit" to some Road drivers to go to the dock, and get forklift certified. There never seemed to be any dock getting training for the road. Back then, it was NOT an "ACT of Congress" to get yer CDL , like it is today.

When CF went under, he could have used this experience, if it only meant to get another job , in shipping/recieving, at one of the customers docks of the P&D runs, to load the freight.... Our biggest customer has two warehouses. They are always calling me for a P&D driver to move this trailer to that dock. Just think, if hubby had dock experience , and he worked the shipping / recieving there, they wouldn't have to call us, they could just say, " HEY YOU ! You got a CDL, move this trailer , will ya ???? ( Yeah, I know... WHERE"S THE TRACTOR TO MOVE IT ? ) But we took them over our "electric pallet jack" to use, and they now wanta get one. And we gave them trailers for STORAGE and extra space... THEY BOUGHT A TRAILER OF THEIR OWN.... so.... ya never know where the XTRA training can come in handy....

It doesn't always mean someone else will take yer job, or any threat to yer job.....

The more experience/ training you have, the better yer chances are of getting a job--of some kind----any kind. It's not like I was a crazy teenager and didn't know what to do "when I grew up"... this is just the path I've had to do.... Whether I liked it or not.....

I was perfectly happy as a sewing machine operator... well you gotta go to CHINA, to get one of those jobs. I was perfectly happy as a Teacher.--- Hubby's transfer with CF, ended my job, ---OR I could have just divorced him, separated our family, cuz MY CAREER was JUST AS IMPORTANT AS HIS ! ( we had a couple CF friends who did decide this path )

So, now, here I am again... standing at another crossroad... I don't know if I will still have THIS JOB, after March 1st.... Maybe I can get a job at the dry cleaners, or babysitting,or dept store in the "clothing section", or sumthin, if I lose my job---AGAIN----.....( probably won't hire me--OVER QUALIFIED ! )

If the opportunity is there, get the training... You never know what tomorrow brings.....

If you come to the RACE, or BIKE WEEK, stop by and see me ! But come after 5pm, TM is SURE to be gone by then. TM says "I pal around too much with the road men..." (So, I treat people like peple... So give me a BAD GRADE, TM.....)

I stand by my post, Vwaggs... I meant no disrespect, or insult... But this is a EOL, satelitte place... we all have to work together... to get the job done. We have no "specific jobs" here... Everybody gotta do what it takes... sometimes I don't like the road guy; sometimes I don't like the P&D guy, cuz they just won't play a fair game of baseball, and try to WIN ! TOGETHER ! AS A TEAM !