ABF | be prepared

fellow ABF"ers. the company is trying to divide us. they almost got the givebacks last time by swaying a few voters out of fear. we know how legit the concerns were then don"t we. listen to the facts, then vote,but not out of fear of losing your job, pension etc. Abf is viable, can it do better ? yeah, with hard work and smart decisions, not by taking away from me. that is not being selfish. everything is more expensive these days and i am a little offended that a company would ask me to take less compensation for the work I do, while handing out bonuses and buying companies. i know that is just doing biz, but man is the timing wrong on those decisions, as teamsters lets show the company we can stick by each other no matter what. as for me, i am not convinced ABF is in need of a giveback and will be voting no. you give it away and the downward spiral will begin.....

There were a few posts about Redstar not being union for their entire existence and not quoting one and posting a correction is not being sneaky..This is in your mind..I didn't come here to start a squabble with you or Docker..If you have a problem with me then I will stay away but it seems you always have to have someone to throw stones at.. You don't have Joe or Wolf anymore and now you want to start with me.. You really have to grow up a little.. Maybe you ought to change your "your teamster brother always to sometimes"

Being a mod as is Muler, don't you think it would have been better to P.M. him this info. so that he could personally come on here and correct the mistake? It did kind of look like you were calling him out with the post and quotes.

ive been a teamster for 30 years with 3 different comanies . with a lot of sacrifices moving to follow work etc. i too will be voting no to anything less than i have now . if i go down im going down fighting !

Being a mod as is Muler, don't you think it would have been better to P.M. him this info. so that he could personally come on here and correct the mistake? It did kind of look like you were calling him out with the post and quotes.
Why would it matter if you are a mod or member.

Can anyone do simple math or have any reading skills??? Do you not read the reports you get from Central States????? How do you think the pension will still be there?????

if you have 30 yr and 65 YOU ARE SELFISH . go head vote no .I thank you because it will help me get back to work at yrc frieght

if you have 30 yr and 65 YOU ARE SELFISH . go head vote no .I thank you because it will help me get back to work at yrc frieght

why am I selfish if I have 30 yrs, or 65 yrs old what has that got to do with you? I will vote no and it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with what is right and wrong. I am not about to give up something I have worked for. If you want to work for Yrc then go, don't let my vote stop you. If you want to race to the bottom, then to ahead.

why am I selfish if I have 30 yrs, or 65 yrs old what has that got to do with you? I will vote no and it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with what is right and wrong. I am not about to give up something I have worked for. If you want to work for Yrc then go, don't let my vote stop you. If you want to race to the bottom, then to ahead.

your no vote and everyone elses will cause a strike. a strike means your freight will then move on your competitors trucks. within 2 days there will be nothing left to go back so in hindsight you just gave back every thing you worked for. a24.00 an hour job is better than nothing. also you probably could not go to yrc as they would need to call back all those laid off first.

your no vote and everyone elses will cause a strike. a strike means your freight will then move on your competitors trucks. within 2 days there will be nothing left to go back so in hindsight you just gave back every thing you worked for. a24.00 an hour job is better than nothing. also you probably could not go to yrc as they would need to call back all those laid off first.

Then I guess ABF will want to get this settled, There don't have to be a strike, and i will still be voting no if they are pushing for concessions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets clarify something first. the ibt caused this mess when they extended yrc contract for 2 more years. this left abf all alone to negotiate. you can not compete with yrc paying full wages and benefits. abf has 1.8 million in revenue. that is roughly 8 million a day. this frt can be goobled up by fed ex ups od r&l estes saia and yes your brothers at yrc holland and new penn to name a few. imagine the headline when yrc is saved by the concessions their employees made and in reality it would be by sacrificing your job.yrc played the ibt right into their own hand.

i forgot one important fact the ibt owns stock in yrc not abf so which one do you think they want to keep in business
Not a fact at all, the IBT owns no YRC stock, where do you people come up with this garbage?

as part of their deal, the ibt wanted someone appointed to the board at yellow frt to moniter the internal working of the company. in order to be on the board you must be a shareholder. thats a fact.

as part of their deal, the ibt wanted someone appointed to the board at yellow frt to moniter the internal working of the company. in order to be on the board you must be a shareholder. thats a fact.

I believe the two board members that are on YRC's board are non-voting, non-shareholder overseers. Having ownership in a company you're representing is a violation of Federal law, not to mention the IBT's own bylaws. Conflict of interest, THe two board members are to sit in at all boardroom meetings to make sure NO more shenanigans go on, like plotting the demise of other Union carriers. Mr. Zollars, the Shenanigen-in-Chief is also gone.

I do not believe he is Plunger Joe; I question just what his motive is and he goes out of his way to exhibit poor sentences; those two IBT board members is a bad joke on the working Teamsters, nothing more.

I do not believe he is Plunger Joe; I question just what his motive is and he goes out of his way to exhibit poor sentences; those two IBT board members is a bad joke on the working Teamsters, nothing more.

no the joke is on you. zollars set all this up before he left. 2 teamster board members[shareholders] the 2nd largest union carrier alone at the next contract negotiation. come on wake up you have been set up. like i said in the past, no winners just survivors.