TForce | Before You Sign a Card...........

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
You are correct.

Everyone that wants to sign cards think if we sign we will automatically have it made,but in reality...we could end up with less than we have now.
It all depends on what is negotiated,and that doesn't happen till after the damage is done.

That is the way I understand it to be anyway.
Well if we vote and you vote for that.........And there is not a chance in hell they will come to the table with anything that resembles what you are saying.....

Apostolic said:
that if their able to gain the largest non-union trucking company in the industery,It will be the springboard to organize Estes,Con way,Fedex Freight,Wards,and eveyother non-union company,they can get.

They have to start somewhere, and if its the largest company they might see that victory through to all the rest.

Although if their able to organize UPS Freight, they'll have to get a mighty sweet contract to entice workers from other non-union companies to inquire how they too can get their companies organized.

Just a thought may be just my opinion?

Nice to see that someone grasps the context of organizing. A springboard indeed. It's not widely known, but is available to search on the Teamsters website, that indeed looking to organize Fedex is also a big priority. With more and more workers signing on to be Teamsters, it gives those still remaining another reason to consider making the move to organizing their presently non organized workforces. As I always close my posts, In Unity their is Strength, there is also strength in numbers. The more members we have, the easier it gets to gain membership from other members of the LTL workforce.
Johnnybegood said:
See what happens when people are not informed.....They think they are going to get a contract just like UPS......
As has been said many times in many posts, the likelihood of getting a contract like UPS is just about nill. What most likely will happen is a contract giving UPSF workers the same exact deal as is covered under the NMFA....nothing more, nothing less. Not quite as good as the UPS deal, but still nothing to complain about.

Heres some food for thought. If you were in ups contract, their drivers make what $27hr?
And your trucks, go I think at least 65mph, then you could easliy avg 60 mph on your runs. Current rate on nmfa is .54750 on doubles. So, .54750x60=32.85hr. Lets take it a step farther. Assuming you travel together to the same destination say 300 miles out, drop both trailer and hook two up, and travel back in say 11hrs. My math has got ups guy making $297 (27x11). While you the upsf guy makes $350.27(600milesx.54750 + 1.0 x21.77) the 1.0 is the 4 moves you made,drop,drop,hook, hook. Not too shabby I think.

serta said:
Heres some food for thought. If you were in ups contract, their drivers make what $27hr?
And your trucks, go I think at least 65mph, then you could easliy avg 60 mph on your runs. Current rate on nmfa is .54750 on doubles. So, .54750x60=32.85hr. Lets take it a step farther. Assuming you travel together to the same destination say 300 miles out, drop both trailer and hook two up, and travel back in say 11hrs. My math has got ups guy making $297 (27x11). While you the upsf guy makes $350.27(600milesx.54750 + 1.0 x21.77) the 1.0 is the 4 moves you made,drop,drop,hook, hook. Not too shabby I think.
Did you forget they get time and a half after 8 hours in a day and forty hours in a week????? and when they sit and take a snooze waiting for there trailers to close they still get 27.00 per during the first 8 hours of the day and then they get 40.5 per hour so let see in a 11 hour day they get 337.5 and the the top milage rate and upsf is .5379 and 21.00 for drops split into 1 click per move. also ups driver with runs over 500 miles make 63 cents a mile with the 600 miles a day like you are talking about that would be 378.00 a day not including fueling and or droping and hooking.PLUS THERE IS NO WAY ANY OR US WANT TO BE A PART OF THE UNION FREIGHT CONTRACT.THANK GOD KEN HALL IS HEADING UP THIS.

have you ever heard a ups run that's 600 miles... i don't think so...a long trip like that would be a layover.. they do have them... example:chelmsford to buffalo, ny.

decerttify

jeff_spicoli said:
how could you possibly get less than you have now?...what do you think, they'll move overtime to after 55 hours???? remember, you're talking about a company that counts profits by the Billion, and the union knows that they can't cry poormouth like the hundreds of failed companies have. do yourself a favor, give the union a chance. you can always decertify if you get a raw deal. rest assured, they wouldn't present any agreement to you unless it had substantial gains...

it's easy to sign the card but hard as h@## to decertify. not as easy as you make it sound.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only hard to decertify because very few want to. Do you ever hear of anybody complaining because they want less money and fewer benefits. DUH?

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
You are correct.

Everyone that wants to sign cards think if we sign we will automatically have it made,but in reality...we could end up with less than we have now.
It all depends on what is negotiated,and that doesn't happen till after the damage is done.

That is the way I understand it to be anyway.
you are sooooo wrong,,you will not lose what you already have they will take what we have now and make it better..you need to do your home work..you are so miss informed:duh:

Flattop you said:
It's only hard to decertify because very few want to.

That may have been true in some locations at Overnite last time, but not the case here in K.C..

We filed 3 seperate petitions each year after the the first year the terminal had voted the Teamsters in as our representitve. All petitions were in excess of 70% signed to decertify. Due to unfair labor charges we could not hold an election until they had been settled.

Two years after the strike started we were then allowed to have another election.

Allstar05 you are correct. It is very difficult to decertify.

Equalizer

Equalizer said:
Flattop you said:

That may have been true in some locations at Overnite last time, but not the case here in K.C..

We filed 3 seperate petitions each year after the the first year the terminal had voted the Teamsters in as our representitve. All petitions were in excess of 70% signed to decertify. Due to unfair labor charges we could not hold an election until they had been settled.

Two years after the strike started we were then allowed to have another election.

Allstar05 you are correct. It is very difficult to decertify.

Equalizer

You got most of it right....The NLRB CANNOT acept a decert petition when there are ULPs filed against a company and/or there is a strike due to ULPs....Notice that the picket signs in 1999 read that is was an "Unfair Labor Practice" strike? It was all to cover themselves under the Law.....There are no more ULPs against the company (That I know of)....so what could keep you filing a decert a year after the Union came in?

Maybe that is the real reason behind a card check this time? Easy to get in....easier to get out....what do you have to lose?.....KK

Kennesaw Kid you said:
The NLRB CANNOT acept a decert petition when there are ULPs filed against a company and/or there is a strike due to ULPs....

Yes you are 99% correct with this statement.

The NLRB will accept it and keep it on file for one year. If said ULP's are cleared within that time frame then an election can be scheduled. This is what the NLRB told us when we filed it all three times while there were still ULP's not settled. We did have to file a fourth after the oustanding charges were settled. I will say that the NLRB moved very quick after it was filed.

You also said:
There are no more ULP's against the company (That I know of)....

I don't know of any either.

You said this as well
so what could keep you filing a decert a year after the Union came in?

My guess would be any Unfair Labor Practice charge(s) that were filed within that year.:)

Kennesaw Kid wrote:

Maybe that is the real reason behind a card check this time? Easy to get in....easier to get out....

I would agree that this is indeed the easiest way for The teamsters to get in, but it is still a long drawn out process to get the Teamsters out. Unfair labor practices are very easy to file, but they take quite a bit of time to settle.

I will reserve my response until I have seen what the Teamsters are offering considering retirement. There is just as much to be lost as there is to be gained gain IMO.

Equalizer

forget about the freight agreement
WE ARE UPS we want to be included in the UPS CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS. If I wanted a freight agreement deal I would've join abf, roadway, or yellow. dont accept this crap about a freight agreement

hobo said:
WE ARE UPS we want to be included in the UPS CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS. If I wanted a freight agreement deal I would've join abf, roadway, or yellow. dont accept this crap about a freight agreement

Again I will ask you, Are you all there?

The UPS Parcel agreement is just that, a parcel agreement.
Most of the language in the agreement has nothing to do with freight operations.

The National Master Freight Agreement is just that a freight agreement designed exclusivley for the freight and rigging companies.

I've worked under both agreements, the Freight agreement for over 15 yrs.
UPS's operation in small package would not fit into the NMFA and like wise with UPS Freight in the parcel agreement.

GET OVER IT!!!!!

You will not be part of the UPS agreement period.

If you want nothing to do with the Teamsters just be a man and say so, stop hiding behind this parcel agreement scapegoat idea.

Your sarting to sound like Skeeter, and DY or is it JBG this week, or maybe YH, who knows

dear tbjeff
the reason that the ups contract has no language about freight is because THEY DID'NT HANDLE FREIGHT BEFORE NOW. this is NEW. and your wrong i do want the union. I want to be a part of OUR 230,000 brothers and sisters UPS TEAMSTERS

Teamster251 said:

Most of the language in the agreement has nothing to do with freight operations.

The National Master Freight Agreement is just that a freight agreement designed exclusivley for the freight and rigging companies.

UPS's operation in small package would not fit into the NMFA and like wise with UPS Freight in the parcel agreement.

GET OVER IT!!!!!

If you want nothing to do with the Teamsters just be a man and say so, stop hiding behind this parcel agreement scapegoat idea.

Your sarting to sound like Skeeter, and DY or is it JBG this week, or maybe YH, who knows

OK one more time and I hope you can comprehend what I am saying this time and be man enough to understand it.

We can be apart of UPS under a separate contract NOT parcel. Did you just read that. Not parcel. We can have language that has to do with freight operations.

But be tied together for both of our protection. You probably need to listen to some of your own UPS brothers.

I think you are the one that needs to get over it.

hobo said:
dear tbjeff
the reason that the ups contract has no language about freight is because THEY DID'NT HANDLE FREIGHT BEFORE NOW. this is NEW. and your wrong i do want the union. I want to be a part of OUR 230,000 brothers and sisters UPS TEAMSTERS

We're on the same page hobo.:bgroovy:

Hobo said:

The agreement is not a freight agreement. The agreement that was reached by both UPS Freight and the Teamsters is called
The Fair Play Agreement.

It has nothing to do with freight, only the behavior of the two said party's during the initial organizing drive.

Equalizer

Skeeter said:
OK one more time and I hope you can comprehend what I am saying this time and be man enough to understand it.

We can be apart of UPS under a separate contract NOT parcel. Did you just read that. Not parcel. We can have language that has to do with freight operations.

But be tied together for both of our protection. You probably need to listen to some of your own UPS brothers.

I think you are the one that needs to get over it.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showpost.php?p=37948&postcount=156

Teamster251 said:

GET OVER IT!!!!!

I look the way you think ,,I know you say it like it is ..I'm out of Indy and we are ready to get -r -done. We are at 80% cards signed..we have the brother hood:USA: