Estes | Bids

I heard we were going to start floor loading all our trailers to save on claims. That would equal more trailers and more runs.

Sounds nice.

I heard we were going to start floor loading all our trailers to save on claims. That would equal more trailers and more runs.

Sounds nice.
Yep. Maybe I'll get a Miami, ft Myers or West palm laydown with a stop off at the oriental spa.

georgia-spa.jpg

Yep. Maybe I'll get a Miami, ft Myers or West palm laydown with a stop off at the oriental spa.

georgia-spa.jpg

Must be like ordering a pizza when you go in there,yes I believe I will have an asian with a little hawaiian and some latino,and Im in a bit of a hurry ,do you deliver Im staying at the Super 8.

pulling a new 53'er outa chi...#s start with 52 now all the new trls i see have the lift points marked wondering if were gunna start moving them by train and thats why bids are on hold

That could be a possibility . I also heard we may stop using our North Bergen NJ (Brooklyn) terminal. Now before everyone gets excited to not go there cause It sucks the new one is in Queens NY . That's making a bad situation worse if this Is true.....

That could be a possibility . I also heard we may stop using our North Bergen NJ (Brooklyn) terminal. Now before everyone gets excited to not go there cause It sucks the new one is in Queens NY . That's making a bad situation worse if this Is true.....

Queens? Im putting in for a transfer. Hopefully i can get a Queens - Long Island hub run.

Does anyone ever let newer employees know how this Category system is, just got asked by this guy the other day and he asked what a hub run is and works here, can not believe how many newer people come to work here and they have no idea how this GREAT category system we have here a the Big E works!! I tell them like this

A City driver is a construction manager
A Hub Driver is a Electrician
A Linehaul Driver is a Plumber
A Utility Driver is Janitor

In other words what ever they think they need the most, and if one of them is not needed your screwed, no matter how many years you have at this company.

All time is linehaul time as of July 1 2011. (except P&D) Just can't jump out of a class and bump another in the class they are currently in. Some big terminals pick a Sunday to do rebids. If you don't show you'll get one phone call. If you don't answer you'll get thrown to the back of the bus. (extraboard) not saying it's a bad thing. Many of our guys skip over bids to stay on extraboard. Extraboard at our barn is normally a laydown somewhere down yonder or out yonder and back. I kinda miss it.
Anyhow, we gotta memo letting the team drivers and utility drivers know they don't need to attend any rebid meeting.

All time is linehaul time as of July 1 2011. (except P&D)

That's not what my memo says. Utility guys can transfer their time (accrued since July 2011) to any other category. When they switch categories, the time comes in after 90 days.

Hub time isn't Linehaul time. The only category that you can pull Linehaul (or p&d) time from is utility.

That's not what my memo says. Utility guys can transfer their time (accrued since July 2011) to any other category. When they switch categories, the time comes in after 90 days.

Hub time isn't Linehaul time. The only category that you can pull Linehaul (or p&d) time from is utility.

Well, here we go again. :stirthepot: That's the way I've read it. I had some hub drivers tell me their time counts also. They acted like they knew what they were talking about so I went with it. I doubt a linehaul driver would ever jump to a hub spot and if a hub driver knew he had 10 years linehaul time he could jump to extraboard for 90 days then live the life of gravy. I imagine those hub spots would get hard to fill. Same with the team drivers.

I think the hub drivers are wishing. Maybe because the category used to be "utility hub" they're confused. The was a second memo that clarified everything specifying they were trying to make sure the utility guys could get seniority. It's posted at our barn and I can send it to you if you want.

Just make two boards Road and City, like every other company out there and it would end the mass confusion at this company. How bout the 8 months I did as a utility driver back in 09, means that I spent 8 months at this company and goes for none, spent 8 months here for nothin. I should have left, and went to one were you are just a driver and your time matters.