Yellow | Big Bonuses For Welch, Pierson, And Friel! Harry Wilson Jumps Ship!

Well hunker down for a long drawn out stalemate then, right now, and for the forseeable future, the lions share of the wealth in the country is going to those who are stockpiling it while those who would actually spend the money, don't have any. No wonder we're flatlining.

Well hunker down for a long drawn out stalemate then, right now, and for the forseeable future, the lions share of the wealth in the country is going to those who are stockpiling it while those who would actually spend the money, don't have any. No wonder we're flatlining.

Consider myself hunkered.

No need jimmy, being in my senior years my perspective has been formed by a lifetime of experience and I have no interest in reading other peoples manifestoes. I grew up in a different time in our country, a time when bosses would give an employee a raise if they had another kid, when a grocery store clerk could own a home, buy a new car every now and then, it's gone now, today's capitalism has no moral compass. If you've ever watched Undercover Boss and you see a CEO that finds out they have a hard working employee that's dealing with a disabled child, an aging parent or some other struggle and they give them money, or buy them a house, why is it they are so generous and compassionate only when the cameras are on them? Why should they do that at all? Why can't they just do what they would do without the cameras on them, tell them to suck it up and take personal responsibility.

You, watching Undercover Boss,

Not something I would have imagined SC.

I am all about good karma and paying it forward.

I do not give the 'bosses' credit for all they give to the employees.

Smart producers with highly trained investigative staff that identify quality prospects for the show and a contract that requires generosity, are the keystones for success. (Reimbursement for generosity, as well, I would guess.)

While it is a "feel good" show, I am cynical of the backstory and company's motive.

Not to be critical, just surprised that one of your perspective would view such a production without clear vision.

I believe that there are bosses that do behave as you suggest. They get little public recognition. They receive undying loyalty from those they employ.

Sadly, it is not fashionable in these times to treat employees thusly.

You, watching Undercover Boss,

Not something I would have imagined SC.

I am all about good karma and paying it forward.

I do not give the 'bosses' credit for all they give to the employees.

Smart producers with highly trained investigative staff that identify quality prospects for the show and a contract that requires generosity, are the keystones for success. (Reimbursement for generosity, as well, I would guess.)

While it is a "feel good" show, I am cynical of the backstory and company's motive.

Not to be critical, just surprised that one of your perspective would view such a production without clear vision.

I believe that there are bosses that do behave as you suggest. They get little public recognition. They receive undying loyalty from those they employ.

Sadly, it is not fashionable in these times to treat employees thusly.

Elwood, no I don't watch it but I have landed on it a couple of times when flipping through the gazillion channels of wasteland trying to find something worth watching. The point I was trying to make was that the endings are what they are because that is what would be expected of a decent person, if the show ended with the boss saying "gee that's a shame, now suck it up and get back to work or your fired", we as a society would find that behaviour deplorable. yet that is basically the reality today when the cameras aren't on them. It's not just CEOs, do you think Nancy Pelosi is losing sleep over the millions of people that lost their healthcare coverage, she really couldn't care less, it's about her party winning elections, that's all. I have a clear view of these reality shows, they're all staged, I don't watch any of them. I don't know how anyone can sit through the fake drama. I'm more of a Palladia kind of guy, caught a great Red Hot Chili Peppers thing last night called Live From The Basement, awesome.
By the way, like your avatar, when I pick up one of my guitars, blues is my favorite style to play.