FedEx Freight | Big changes coming gentlemen

duff

TB Lurker
Credits
All managing directors were called today and told they will be on a plane for meetings in Harrison Monday morning... no exceptions...here we go again

That short of notice only happens when they plan on sticking it to employees so noone finds out....I have seen the memos just after the merge..in short they said they had to keep it under wraps because if we went union after the process started the union could not stop the merge..now they have us where they want us they know they can do what ever they please cuz we will sit back and take it

duff said:
That short of notice only happens when they plan on sticking it to employees so noone finds out....I have seen the memos just after the merge..in short they said they had to keep it under wraps because if we went union after the process started the union could not stop the merge..now they have us where they want us they know they can do what ever they please cuz we will sit back and take it

The union couldn't have stopped the merge. Ask a yellow or roadway driver.

Yes you are correct but it would not of aloud national drivers to dovetail into centers without bringing any work

Yes you are correct but it would not of aloud national drivers to dovetail into centers without bringing any work
That was the beancounters mess..they let X amount follow freight (dovetail) then took x amount of others that didn't dovetail, and yes a union would have went along.

I was looking at our centers city bill count this morning and it's the same now as it was in 08'!!! No wonder we have so many sitting home, I think they added 25 city and 38 road drivers and ended up with the same bill count.

i think it has to do with that yrc business coming down this friday, plus by the heights is booming and at my terminal were trainng dock guys to come drivers

Clandestine_ice said:
Why is it, with the exception of yrc, that the FedEx forum is the only forum with such doom and gloom threads?

According to fedex were just a bunch of disgruntled drivers on here.

hoodat said:
i think it has to do with that yrc business coming down this friday, plus by the heights is booming and at my terminal were trainng dock guys to come drivers

Please tell me your not saying they are closing up shop. We've heard that for how long. They have the lives of 20 cats possibly more.

no but they have debt payment due with the banks this friday and some thing tells me there going to file and i just think with making changes at cgt and adding new terminals and next couple of months every body smell blood and its just fdx

or it could have something to do with the storm affecting the south midwest sends alot of freight that directions

You are right. YRC has to get a Super Majority of it's Creditors agree to New Terms of the Debt Restructure Deal. If they don't get a Super Majority it is over. If they get a Super Majority to agree to take less over a longer period of time, the New Deal must be Finalized within 90 days or it is over. When the FEDERAL RESERVE makes U.S. banks keep more cash on reserve is when ALL Over Leveraged companies will have to come to UNCLE SAM for financing. Is this Liberty or Tyranny? That timeline sounds about right... A HUGE UNION BAILOUT just as the 2012 Presidential Campaign kicks off! Think about it. Or Will YRC be the First Sacrifice offered to the Gods of Austerity? We just can't afford to Do What We Have done in the Past... GM, Chrysler,GE,AIG, Goldman Sachs, You think that the Super Secret Meetings on the Hill with the Managing Directors set for Monday could have something to do with the YRC situation? I do.

Last edited by a moderator: