FedEx Freight | Big changes coming gentlemen

Come on, they are probably changing the name of "Snapshot" to "SnapPicture" and they have to fly everyone in to watch a DVD of Bubba saying, "Ya know, we're thinkin' that this here Snapshot will be more producin' if we change the name. No, we ain't got no real reason for changin' it, but we havin shrimp for lunch and we can write it off if'n we make it like a company thing". "By the by, we expectin' ya'll to reimburse us for yourn tickets and such."

i think it has to do with that yrc business coming down this friday, plus by the heights is booming and at my terminal were trainng dock guys to come drivers

The one 'wild card' in the whole YRC debt restructuring scenario is the price of diesel fuel.

Every company is adding fuel surcharges to their rates. It is a revenue generating technique that has kept some afloat.

That being said...there must be flexibilty in the program. Cash reserves are the key. As volatile as the LTL market is at present and taking into consideration the ever increasing rise in diesel prices...things may change.

YRC is in a very precarious siutation...as they have been for quite some time. However the price of fuel may be a key factor. It is not a constant. The debt restructuring for the most part is based on hard predictable numbers. Oil is a commodity market...subject to the whims of buyers and producers...and given the environment of some foreign producers and the greed of some oil companies...fuel prices could go anywhere.

Chase Morgan AFAIK holds the largest note against YRC and have been more than willing to negotiate revised terms month after month...and quarter after quarter ad nauseum. As long as the loan remains solvent on Chase's books they won't take a hit for the default.

If YRC files bankruptcy heads will roll at Chase...their stock will plummet and they will be at the mercy of a bankrupty court and its designated controller.

These possible scenarios are lender specific.

YRC doesn't have enough market share to make a difference if they belly up. The remaining carriers will absorb the volume with ease.

It is my belief that in the near future some major LTL carrier is going to go by the wayside.

As mentioned prior...cash reserves is the key.

FedEx and UPS will be OK. They have large spreadsheets and tons of cash reserves. However if your only source of revenue is the LTL market...there may be difficulties ahead.

And as with CF...it will be a phone call from nowhere....

Rat

we had a meeting and alot was said about how they want us to run like express. they same regions with the same rate on freight from one to another. not the way it is now where it takes 20 min to get a rate quote. the rates will be set in regions. that just might help our customers. they also talked about the economy freight. so I dont think it was a hang on to your ankles type of meeting. so relax and enjoy the ride its going to get better.

According to fedex were just a bunch of disgruntled drivers on here.

yep tested this theory. I put somethin on here and was asked ( when called in the office ) " If I liked working here " and I told him the same thing I posted here. I like what I do and the pay, I hate the politics, backstabbers, you know the ones that try to get ppl in trouble so they can move up? Well I have 2 yr's my youngest will be outa school and they can do what ever they like...fire me before then...and I have a plan.

Well now that YRC looks to have pulled it's as* out of the fire again, is the big meeting still on in Hillbilly Town USA?

why is it when people have a meeting we assume the worst ???. Is your glass half mty of half full....................

why is it when people have a meeting we assume the worst ???. Is your glass half mty of half full....................
Because 10 times out of 10 when corporate has a meeting like this it's not whether someone will get screwed, it's how many and will it be wet or dry. But thats just the nature of the beast. I've never seen a meeting go like this...."what we need to do is expand our workforce and give them a raise" It's always........"We need to streamline to save money and trim back our workforce" But as I said it's the nature of the beast we call corporate America. It's not personal.

Because 10 times out of 10 when corporate has a meeting like this it's not whether someone will get screwed, it's how many and will it be wet or dry. But thats just the nature of the beast. I've never seen a meeting go like this...."what we need to do is expand our workforce and give them a raise" It's always........"We need to streamline to save money and trim back our workforce" But as I said it's the nature of the beast we call corporate America. It's not personal.

Fedex is in the business of making money, not providing jobs. If changes are needed they will be made, Fedex will not lose money anywhere long.

Fedex is in the business of making money, not providing jobs. If changes are needed they will be made, Fedex will not lose money anywhere long.
I agree. If I lost my job today I'd be upset for about a minute but I'd get over it. If FedEx screws up too bad then they won't be here. Again that's the nature beast. Change is the only consistency in this business and you have to change with it or get left behind. But it doesn't mean we can't have fun complaining about it.:hyper:

I agree. If I lost my job today I'd be upset for about a minute but I'd get over it. If FedEx screws up too bad then they won't be here. Again that's the nature beast. Change is the only consistency in this business and you have to change with it or get left behind. But it doesn't mean we can't have fun complaining about it.:hyper:
All we can do is do the best job we can do everyday and let the big dogs worry about lining everything up so that the system works...

I wouldn't count out Fedex Freight for long

Things run o.k. at my barn,we just need 30 more doors.Of course its not a hub so we dont see a lot of the mess discussed here.Nobody lost there job in the merger and we are a little short handed.If we had those doors and a new SCM I wouldnt have a complaint in the world.

We're not a hub either. We're a dark terminal but if the hours of service change we'll have to move again. Harrison has got all their eggs in the ATA's basket hoping their lawsuit will stop the new HOS from coming in. It didn't work in 2004 and it won't work now. The FMCSA will do what the special interest groups, i.e. PATT and CRASH, tell them to do. That's not an Obama slam. All Presidents do it. So I'm not sure why Harrison is relying on an organization they're not even a member of.

That safety record being broken has screwed up PATT and CRASH. 2009 had the safest year in trucking since records were being kept in 79. All because of current HOS. It's a huge guess what will come of it. I doubt FedEx is to worried right now about an idea. Maybe if it ever becomes a bill or looks like there is a date then they may start to think. Until then it's just gossip.

That safety record being broken has screwed up PATT and CRASH. 2009 had the safest year in trucking since records were being kept in 79. All because of current HOS. It's a huge guess what will come of it. I doubt FedEx is to worried right now about an idea. Maybe if it ever becomes a bill or looks like there is a date then they may start to think. Until then it's just gossip.
The comment period ended March 4, 2011. The new HOS will be made final July 26, 2011. The onduty driving is the only question left. They're trying to choose between 10 or 11hrs. other than that everything else has been decided. And believe me there is some screwy stuff in there.