XPO | Big changes coming

Optional dock work was the first step. I’m betting minimal dock work for dsr’s in the near future.
This is a PIPE Dream that is not gonna happen anytime soon they cannot find quality help that will even stay and weather condintions and no eniroment controled atmosphere play a role in this just as much as they lack of pay why work a cold as **** ass dock with no heat when you can go down the road make 6 dollars an hr more in a heated and cooled envoroment this is just not gonna happen !

This is a PIPE Dream that is not gonna happen anytime soon they cannot find quality help that will even stay and weather condintions and no eniroment controled atmosphere play a role in this just as much as they lack of pay why work a cold as **** ass dock with no heat when you can go down the road make 6 dollars an hr more in a heated and cooled envoroment this is just not gonna happen !
W
Everyone else (with a few exceptions) has figured out how to get line drivers off the dock, XPO will as well. It's not like the driver will be losing anything, he'll be in the truck driving more miles. When OD eliminated drivers working the dock (no doubt on a smaller scale) it happened almost overnight. Care to guess who the executive was that made that policy?

Ok I’m trying not laugh .On the surface it may be appear that way.
I suggest you do some research . This is why you guys down south get labeled as gullible. The guys in the north don’t understand why you guys settle for less.
Ya have to live in the South to really understand ..

W
Everyone else (with a few exceptions) has figured out how to get line drivers off the dock, XPO will as well. It's not like the driver will be losing anything, he'll be in the truck driving more miles. When OD eliminated drivers working the dock (no doubt on a smaller scale) it happened almost overnight. Care to guess who the executive was that made that policy?
lmfao how we gonna get more miles our runs are set from terminal to terminal what they gonna magically move them out a little further ?

lmfao how we gonna get more miles our runs are set from terminal to terminal what they gonna magically move them out a little further ?
No but you'll go on to the next terminal further, or pick trailers up and run a short haul from wherever you used to work the dock. L your FA off all you want, this is how freight gets moved in the modern world. Con-way no longer exists.

No but you'll go on to the next terminal further, or pick trailers up and run a short haul from wherever you used to work the dock. L your FA off all you want, this is how freight gets moved in the modern world. Con-way no longer exists.
Correct, big changes in the works

A few years ago I ran into a OD LH driver and ask what his run was. He ran from OD in Carlisle, Pa to the OD in Allentown, PA. twice a night. That's 103 miles one way, per google, for a 412 mile night plus drop and hooks and fuel and NO dock work.
Just think if you kept the LH drivers one the road and off the dock the less LH drivers you would need. Hiring more DW which is a lower cost. At my former barn we ran 2 FAC that we could double turn easily. I have went to XHG, then to XBX back to XHG and then home. I double turned XJP out of XHG and then went home. I drop one in either XBX or XJP and went on to XSA then home. I drop one in XWC and then went to XPH and then home. I also seen XPH and XWC drivers double turn out of XHG. In all these runs list above there was no to little DW. The loads got moved and I was generally back between 7 and 9am
I can go one with the list out of XMI two, but you should get my point. Generally any barn around 100 mile from the FAC can be double turned by the drivers.

Correct, big changes in the works
Buying these terminals is going to have big changes to many XPO employees. Many will have to relocate (if they choose) layoff's, furloughs ect. The curse of Yellow will continue on with making life's miserable through change of operation(s)....

Buying these terminals is going to have big changes to many XPO employees. Many will have to relocate (if they choose) layoff's, furloughs ect. The curse of Yellow will continue on with making life's miserable through change of operation(s)....
So are you saying that businesses should never change and adapt and just stay the way they are because any changes might inconvenience or upset some workers?

I think management called them "Super hubs" or something like that... Anyway , take Indianapolis for example. XPO has a terminal there already. They purchased one of the terminals from defunct Yellow.

I think someone posted it already so apologies , but , XPO plans on having the Super hub to pass non-local freight along and a city terminal for local freight ( if I understood correctly )

I guess this will smooth things out AND make more money? 🤷🏻‍♂️

So are you saying that businesses should never change and adapt and just stay the way they are because any changes might inconvenience or upset some workers?
How well did it work for yrc -yellow? How much money was wasted on each change, and everyone of them failed miserably. I'm not saying change isn't needed in some cases but 28 facilities and probably more to follow is going to disrupt a lot of lifes. Im sure some terminals are over capacity & need a bigger place, but if do all 28+ your going to have a lot of unhappy workers and will result in performance and it will effect the bottom line. Watch this board because it's going to be very busy in the coming months....

These terminals are more about bypass freight than anything. Superhubs as has been posted. I’m sure some employees will be affected, think more drop and hook locations for the company teams, not so much the p&d side.

How well did it work for yrc -yellow? How much money was wasted on each change, and everyone of them failed miserably. I'm not saying change isn't needed in some cases but 28 facilities and probably more to follow is going to disrupt a lot of lifes. Im sure some terminals are over capacity & need a bigger place, but if do all 28+ your going to have a lot of unhappy workers and will result in performance and it will effect the bottom line. Watch this board because it's going to be very busy in the coming months....
Companies adapt to changing conditions or else they become irrelevant. Good companies always try to have a contented, happy workforce but that's not the primary reason for their existence. I understand that and have adapted to changing conditions more times than most. Too many seem to feel that nothing should ever disturb their comfortable situation.

In the case of an old Holland terminal that XPO purchased that I run past all of the time , it has 80 doors. XPO's existing terminal in that area has 48 doors and a small lot.

They want them to move sometime during the first quarter next year if possible.

I have no idea , but I'm guessing it's a LOT cheaper ( and quicker ) than building a new terminal on land they have to purchase and local and state people have to approve of.

In the case of an old Holland terminal that XPO purchased that I run past all of the time , it has 80 doors. XPO's existing terminal in that area has 48 doors and a small lot.

They want them to move sometime during the first quarter next year if possible.

I have no idea , but I'm guessing it's a LOT cheaper ( and quicker ) than building a new terminal on land they have to purchase and local and state people have to approve of.
What’s the distance between both terminals?

Companies adapt to changing conditions or else they become irrelevant. Good companies always try to have a contented, happy workforce but that's not the primary reason for their existence. I understand that and have adapted to changing conditions more times than most. Too many seem to feel that nothing should ever disturb their comfortable situation.
I agree . It’s a race to the bottom. How low can we go and still operate.