XPO | Big changes coming

In the case of an old Holland terminal that XPO purchased that I run past all of the time , it has 80 doors. XPO's existing terminal in that area has 48 doors and a small lot.

They want them to move sometime during the first quarter next year if possible.

I have no idea , but I'm guessing it's a LOT cheaper ( and quicker ) than building a new terminal on land they have to purchase and local and state people have to approve of.
It is. It's a lot easier to buy a old place and tear it down and rebuild or just fix it up verse going through all the BS to building on new land with zoning, traffic studies, public hearings, and an other BS that comes up. It could take a year+ just to get approval to build. With an existing place you can be up and running in a few months depending on what you want to upgrade.

How well did it work for yrc -yellow? How much money was wasted on each change, and everyone of them failed miserably. I'm not saying change isn't needed in some cases but 28 facilities and probably more to follow is going to disrupt a lot of lifes. Im sure some terminals are over capacity & need a bigger place, but if do all 28+ your going to have a lot of unhappy workers and will result in performance and it will effect the bottom line. Watch this board because it's going to be very busy in the coming months....
A lot of these new buildings are in the same area, within miles, of current XPO terminals. They aren't all going to be an hour away from existing system terminals, that doesn't even make sense given how mature both of these companies are. I don't say that to dismiss any issues this mjght cause for my fellow workers, wherever it happens. It also leaves out that there will undoubtedly be some workers who benefit and even some new workers who might be in reach.

Most of them are just bigger/better buildings nearby smaller ones they want to replace.

It is. It's a lot easier to buy a old place and tear it down and rebuild or just fix it up verse going through all the BS to building on new land with zoning, traffic studies, public hearings, and an other BS that comes up. It could take a year+ just to get approval to build. With an existing place you can be up and running in a few months depending on what you want to upgrade.
Let alone even finding affordable industrial land near a highway nowadays

I bet right now they could with the guys out of work from Yellow....question is will they stay?
The quick short answer is no. They really try to avoid hiring for the most part. They just got clean out of the union and they are not going to risk of that again.

Let alone even finding affordable industrial land near a highway nowadays
You are correct. In my area FedEx got out bid by a warehouse builder. The land FedEx wanted has a Chewy, and an Amazon warehouse on it. FedEx ended up leasing on a build to suit lease. It was a old CF property

isn't the Albany terminal fairly new ? Doesn't look like any room to expand
No, not new in the 19 years I’ve been here. no room to expand and nothing larger available in the area. We send drivers to help both in the city (sometimes two at a time) and on linehaul, running two drivers a night to cover their outbound freight plus running vias into there nightly. Crazy really.

No, not new in the 19 years I’ve been here. no room to expand and nothing larger available in the area. We send drivers to help both in the city (sometimes two at a time) and on linehaul, running two drivers a night to cover their outbound freight plus running vias into there nightly. Crazy really.
Wonder what their plan is when your next closest terminal is 500 miles away ? Teams ?
When the snow hits hard and the road is closed for a few days ( Wyoming )

Not at all Stimp, you know better than that. :smile new:
ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

curious why you think they bought 3,200 dock doors for close to a billion dollars to close and consolidate?
Take Minneapolis/St. Paul for example.. After the Burnsville purchase, that makes 4 barns in an 80 mile radius. You’re a fool if you honestly think XPO is gonna keep it that way. I’m sure there are other metros that are in the same situation now as well.

Take Minneapolis/St. Paul for example.. After the Burnsville purchase, that makes 4 barns in an 80 mile radius. You’re a fool if you honestly think XPO is gonna keep it that way. I’m sure there are other metros that are in the same situation now as well.
The place they bought in Carlisle Pa is another example but it's 5 with in under 100 miles and 3 are FACs