Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

Property, as in terminals, the only asset where the value has the ability to go up.
They don't want nor need the equipment, the people will come when needed :)

Property, as in terminals, the only asset where the value has the ability to go up.
They don't want nor need the equipment, the people will come when needed :)

that's not owning or controlling. I can sell you my house, my car, even my dog (I won't); you still would not own me. So no, Estes can buy all the YRC property that can sell- they can't own YRC (unless that was part of the selling agreement) that way....

If you competitor is buying the property you are working from and you are then paying him rent it is a form of control. Not day to day but if Estes controls the costs and has the ability to say no we're not renewing the lease move it's certainly a way of controlling our costs/overhead.

sore subject for me. i still in no way can understand how its better for yrc to pay rent and let all those terminals, that we still at least have to pay taxes on is better than not paying rent and work out of barns that are bought and payed for. guess thats above my pay grade.
its like moving out of your owned home anmd renting the place next door duhhhhh

sore subject for me. i still in no way can understand how its better for yrc to pay rent and let all those terminals, that we still at least have to pay taxes on is better than not paying rent and work out of barns that are bought and payed for. guess thats above my pay grade.
its like moving out of your owned home anmd renting the place next door duhhhhh

You don't gotta fix stuff and you don't have to pay property taxes. When you are short on cash and your credit rating is poor, you can improve your credit score and lower your overall interest rates by showing a good payment history. We have had all kinds of improvements at our barn since we became tenants. They wouldn't fix a light bulb when we owned it.

If the deduction for mortgage interest were eliminated from the tax code, would you own or rent?

When my plumbing is broke, I like the option of calling the landlord...

elwood thats great if you have a landlord that will fix those things when needed.
now go check out the dump the call charlotte.maintanance is a bad word there..
and it would not matter to me because i would always own over the choice of renting .
estes is pretty much a slum lord if 653 is any example .

They are already buying us one little piece at a time, next thing we'll know they'll own everything but the name and not have to worry about the pension liabilities.

And they will own YRC's billions of dollars of debt. I'm thinking not. No company would buy YRC.

And they will own YRC's billions of dollars of debt. I'm thinking not. No company would buy YRC.

Maybe if you retire, or quit soon someone will; a lot less hate would be going around that's for sure.:grouphug::grouphug:

P.S.
How is that new (CHANGE) coming along???

P.P.S.

You started this thread of... Big Layoffs Coming at ya.... ( I rest my case)

I dont know about any1 else . sure seems like at all the barns ive been at that most of the work gets done by the "haters" because the:butt kiss: are too busy in the office.
jenny is the gm-tm office by you full or are you the only 1 ?

elwood thats great if you have a landlord that will fix those things when needed.
now go check out the dump the call charlotte.maintanance is a bad word there..
and it would not matter to me because i would always own over the choice of renting .
estes is pretty much a slum lord if 653 is any example .

653 is a bit out of my territory. Our barn is a dump, too. Just saying, from a business standpoint, it makes financial sense.
If you have issues with maintenance, always present from a safety point of view. If shunned by your TM, make friends with an OSHA agent and have him/her visit your facility.
You can also email your district safety and maintenance guy. Send some pix and see what happens.
The landlord pays a property manager and a maintenance company to tend to the properties. Any issues are discussed with either of those third parties.

Now if I were in business in this industry, I would make sure YRCW was the property owner that leased the terminals to YRC Freight. I would charge rent on everything from power units and forklifts to desks and chairs.

we were told forget it . they were told no money for repairs.
but the have money to keep moving supervisors .stands back and forth up and down the dock so they have places for the new [kids].supers have a place to watch us so no1 talks :

we were told forget it . they were told no money for repairs.
but the have money to keep moving supervisors .stands back and forth up and down the dock so they have places for the new [kids].supers have a place to watch us so no1 talks :

Sign language, like in the days before CB radios.

Are you sure you're not in the Gulag?

At our pre-shift meeting last night, we were told 326 KC is no longer a direct load terminal.
I'm going to "assume" contract violations are currently running rampant (and in the past also.)
I only wish all Teamsters would join the bandwagon and voice their concerns, otherwise, we are doomed.
I believe the majority of the current employees are willing to give a "fair day of pay, for a fair day of work" except the company has decided to treat us as prisoners, demanding/barking out orders, on a daily basis, and lowering morale to a sub-human level.
Good Luck to all the current surviving employees!

Everyone at 205/BUF called back on road board. Linehaul has to hire 10 more drivers in the next 3 months. They are waiving the 2 year experience hiring clause and plucking them right out of driving school. Our dock is still 2 or 3 10 percenters short and our seniority list is exhausted. They need to hire off the street or we are all in for forced 10 hour days once vacations kick in over the summer. This is the busiest I've seen it at this time of the year since I've been here....(25+yrs). I guess its a good problem to have but we need more bodies to help move the freight.

Everyone at 205/BUF called back on road board. Linehaul has to hire 10 more drivers in the next 3 months. They are waiving the 2 year experience hiring clause and plucking them right out of driving school. Our dock is still 2 or 3 10 percenters short and our seniority list is exhausted. They need to hire off the street or we are all in for forced 10 hour days once vacations kick in over the summer. This is the busiest I've seen it at this time of the year since I've been here....(25+yrs). I guess its a good problem to have but we need more bodies to help move the freight.

Do they put in their employment adds," free popcorn" as an incentive?