TForce | Billings shuts down

Familyman said:
Betcha skeeter won't let both union and non guys be mods, and some that aren't even in trucking.

Bet he wouldn't let a link to another board stay on his either.

Any takers?? :smilie_132: :rolleyes: :duh:

FM

You are my point. This is not what I'm looking for on my board if it even makes it. It is about our company and the people that work there. If we want to discuss the trucking industry as a whole we come here.

hillbilly frog said:
You must of had your head in the sand some where, JBG. This has been discussed fro the past week in another thread. I'm sure you bring it here for reasons that suit your agenda. Had nothing to do with them being union. Had to do with all the outsourcing in the industry they specialized in.
HILLBILLY FROG IS RIGHT,YES,THEY WERE UNION.they were not l.t.l though.hauled alot of textiles,which ,with foreign competion & outsourcing in manufacturing,we all:duh: know how that stuff goes.:duh: :duh:

Skeeter said:
You are my point. This is not what I'm looking for on my board if it even makes it. It is about our company and the people that work there. If we want to discuss the trucking industry as a whole we come here.

So what you are saying is it's your way or the highway, no room for any other ideas or opinions other than yours, wether on union issues or others.

Most of the guys in these threads work for UPSF, some don't want to be union yet others do and areasking legitimate questions which some are trying to answer to the best of their ability.

It is about your company as this is an issue you and your fellow drivers are having to decide, if they couldn't discuss it here exactly where could they do it, definitely not on your blog, right?

You don't have to discuss it yet you do, why if it offends you do you participate in the process?

FM

I think Skeeter got the first sliver of a good idea, he is going to organize somthing. i only hope he comes arround and realizes his one big supporter quit these boards twice.

wassesname said:
I think Skeeter got the first sliver of a good idea, he is going to organize somthing. i only hope he comes arround and realizes his one big supporter quit these boards twice.
who's that,nospinzone,nosepickerzone,butpickerzone.real importatent individual,really left a not so lasting impression on me,what was he,and who from again.:nutkick: :nutkick: :chairshot: :biglaugh:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
HILLBILLY FROG IS RIGHT,YES,THEY WERE UNION.they were not l.t.l though.hauled alot of textiles,which ,with foreign competion & outsourcing in manufacturing,we all:duh: know how that stuff goes.:duh: :duh:

I do believe that some barns for the most part were union and there was other barns that were not union. So the whole company was not union. And the union is not what closed this company up!!!

JimJoe (jj) said:
I do believe that some barns for the most part were union and there was other barns that were not union. So the whole company was not union. And the union is not what closed this company up!!!
absoultly agree,the union did'nt put em under,foreign competition did,in the textile industry,which was their customer base,if they were non-union,samething would have happened.only the union employees could move on to another TEAMSTERS company,and carry on their pensions & health & welfare,same could'nt be said about being non-union.you'd have to start outy from scratch again,no thanks.:nutkick: :tribehasspoken: :tribehasspoken: :bgroovy:

I find it interesting that you are forcing people to resgister to even read your forums skeeter.

Not a very friendly bunch are ya....LOL

i have a question : Billings shut down without notice. does this become a legal matter now ? it should. i understand that my 707 brothers were under a white-paper contract but does that matter ? doesn't this type of action fall under the WARN Act ? someone enlighten me.

UnionTrucka said:
i have a question : Billings shut down without notice. does this become a legal matter now ? it should. i understand that my 707 brothers were under a white-paper contract but does that matter ? doesn't this type of action fall under the WARN Act ? someone enlighten me.

You're exactly right, This would fall under the federal WARN act

CFer said:
You're exactly right, This would fall under the federal WARN act

i dont get it, why do co.'s close their doors if they know there will be legal ramifications to deal with ? it makes no sense to me. are they afraid employees are gonna start stealing frt. or sabotaging the failing operation ? in the end, don't they lose more when they do this ?

UnionTrucka said:
i dont get it, why do co.'s close their doors if they know there will be legal ramifications to deal with ? it makes no sense to me. are they afraid employees are gonna start stealing frt. or sabotaging the failing operation ? in the end, don't they lose more when they do this ?
I thought the same thing there UT.........The way it was explained to me was....the creditors get paid first and the workers get what is left over. It also takes a while for all of this to happen. I do think the workers were paid in full for the work they had done. DS.

The last company I worked for before UPS Freight/Overnite That closed their doors on a Saturday of 1986 was a teamster co.

I got a phone call Sunday afternoon from my TM.
I was told not to bother showing up for work monday morning it was over.

That was a real shocker.
Everything was fine,and dandy,the Friday before this weekend closing.

I was number 2 out of all employees in every class,working in my 18th year.

I came in that monday anyway to see what was going on at the terminal.
My TM was there along with most of the other employees.
I found out both of our salesman cars,and all the outside electrical wiring,outlets,and lights where stolen.
We all got a big laugh out of that.

Than I called my local union hall to see what was next.
My union rep.'s said to let them know when I found full time work,there was so many companies going under,and a lot of drivers looking for union jobs they couldn't help me get hired on anywhere.

They did have their union lawyer sue the company.
After 3 years the courts setteled.
All the vendors,and employees that where owed money got a dime on the dollar.
It was better than nothing,but not much better.
After taxes I got $675.00

I worked as an extra for 11 union companies,over that year.
Than took a withdrawal from the teamsters,hiring on with Overnite.

This period of my life was very depressing.
But time heals all wounds.

Now I'm in my 20th year,number 2 over all the classes as a local UPS Freight hauler,and loving it.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

i tell ya, this freight industry is as fragile as some of the frt. we carry. having only 4 years at NP, im fairly new to this game. i can't imagine what alot of you guys went thru with jobs just shutting down. it's too depressing for me to think about let alone experience it. i tell everybody the same thing : "i keep my fingers crossed with NP". and some have got the nerve to ask me why.

My Dad worked at quite a few LTLers before retiring. RC, Ryder, PIE, Carolina, ABF(to name a few).:BlahBlah:
After deregulation, any LTLer in dedt(which many where) had a hard time surviving. Most didnt. But it isnt the Union's faulght, for trying to see that the members recv. fair wages a good beni's. Jimmy Carter, a Democrat, was no friend of labor:thumbsdown:. My Dad cusses when you mention his name to this very day.:cuss:
Like Apostolic said, "May the Lord direct your path"

Apostolic said:
The last company I worked for before UPS Freight/Overnite That closed their doors on a Saturday of 1986 was a teamster co.

That was a real shocker.

I found out both of our salesman cars,and all the outside electrical wiring,outlets,and lights where stolen.

My union rep.'s said to let them know when I found full time work,there was so many companies going under,and a lot of drivers looking for union jobs they couldn't help me get hired on anywhere.

Now I'm in my 20th year,number 2 over all the classes as a local UPS Freight hauler,and loving it.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.
AA number of years ago I worked for a non-union company, Continental Air Lines, in the airfreight division. We enjoyed average wages and benefits for the industry. To save money (operating costs) Continental decided to close it's airfreight division and we all lost our jobs. The next day a new company opened up called, Cargo Development Corporation. Funny thing that it was managed by the same management as Continental Air Lines Airfreight. We were offered jobs one by one with the new company but at starting wage, no benefits and no recourse. That's what the non-union can do for you.

Apostolic said:

That was a real shocker.

A number of years ago I worked for a non-union company, Continental Air Lines, in the airfreight division. We enjoyed average wages and benefits for the industry. To save money (operating costs) Continental decided to close it's airfreight division and we all lost our jobs. The next day a new company opened up called, Cargo Development Corporation. Funny thing that it was managed by the same management as Continental Air Lines Airfreight. We were offered jobs one by one with the new company but at starting wage, no benefits and no recourse. That's what the non-union can do for you.

A number of years ago I worked for a non-union company, Continental Air Lines, in the airfreight division. We enjoyed average wages and benefits for the industry. To save money (operating costs) Continental decided to close it's airfreight division and we all lost our jobs. The next day a new company opened up called, Cargo Development Corporation. Funny thing that it was managed by the same management as Continental Air Lines Airfreight. We were offered jobs one by one with the new company but at starting wage, no benefits and no recourse. That's what the non-union can do for you.