Holland | Black Friday Is Coming!!!!!

I hope its not as bad as I heard it was going to be but I have heard of some layoffs in line haul and the city system wide since Friday night. We were lucky this time in LO, nobody else got it here since a week ago. So far we have two line haul drivers laid off and they are working in the city.

I believe that there was 50 layed off a week ago on Friday and another 58 layed off this past Friday. For a total of 108 road drivers sytem wide.

They have also cut road bids system wide.

Unionman is right just look at all the other boards Union or Non-Union they are all slow for the most part. Look at the Economy and stock market, and housing sales in your areas all slow!!

According to the idiots in Washington,the economy is just booming:hysterical: :hysterical: .They just wont tell us where..As slow as the trucking industry is,now Geaorge wants to go ahead and let the Mexican trucking companies in:chairshot: Can anyone say??How many pesos per mile:hysterical:

I believe that there was 50 layed off a week ago on Friday and another 58 layed off this past Friday. For a total of 108 road drivers sytem wide.

I hope that was all. I like your numbers better. We had heard between 100-110 last Friday (a week ago) alone. The 100 number came from our management in LO. And the 110 came from the same source that told me about what was coming this past Friday. We are still covered up in LO so far, with a new major account coming in a week or two, so they say. I still say they just hired people again, like they always do (since YRC), for the busy summer that just isn't that busy this year. With people off sick and using personal and vacation days the newer guys are okay during the summer and then things slow down for them when winter starts. Then next spring they come back, a few people retire and they move up a little and life goes on. Everybody just needs to hang in there if they can and things will get better for them in time, good luck to the laid off guys, I hope things pick back up soon.

Out here in the west, the layoffs you guys speak of seems like another it's on another planet. We are hiring in all areas here. It's not like a boom but there is too much freight right now. There must be some type of anticipation, because they want new people to keep for a while.

Layoff numbers

One of our laid off drivers said Central Dispatch told him 53 drivers were laid off the first week company wide. Four in St Louis and three in KC

I didn't hear off any layoffs yet from the past week, just several bids eliminated

One of our laid off drivers said Central Dispatch told him 53 drivers were laid off the first week company wide. Four in St Louis and three in KC

I didn't hear off any layoffs yet from the past week, just several bids eliminated

We lost 2 road drivers so far, 1 two weeks ago and 1 this past friday.......the first one just made his 30 days give or take.....hope he sticks around.......anymore layoffs and I am next.......if that happens I may just take a job making .35 a mile, it pays more then unemployment, well at least it should:nutkick:

friday is tommorrow........more laid off .. possibly some bids canceled ... look for a new dispatch system soon (a-b-c ?) looks like freight volume picked up this week ...maybe this might be considered a gray friday???

good luck to all

its only an opinion but holland is in the process of changing freight lanes ....
the holland rules only create greivances which they dont practice... (layover)
bids might be cut further
more open board drivers ..
yrcw may want to cut motel bills...
the most sensible way to save $$$$$$$$$
less bids and what is left of the bids there may be more turns and slipseats
Im sure they will go to either A-B dispatch or A-B-C dispatch...hawg board
but its only an opinion

None laid off in MI yet. Still going decent up here.:1036316054:

The economy is slow all over, so we will not see a pickup until the general public starts buying things again. It's not just at USFC companies, it's everywhere.

Side note: Hoffa rules (FIFO) makes the company more money, because it creates a more competitive atmosphere creating drivers to skip breaks and hustle to line their pockets.

A hog board would mean slowing down the process system wide. Drivers wouldn't feel the need to skip a lunch because the loads and miles would go by seniority.

As far as grievances go, they will still be present. Everytime someone turns around their seniority will be violated.

Caddy, you and Bunte should take me golfing sometime. :hide: