XPO | Boycott the tdc -just say no

conway trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Lets all send a message to JOHN L thats heard loud and clear by boycotting the truck driving championship.Already had several of our dsr,s drop out since Mondays 5% give back. Our retirement has been butchered so much that we will be lucky to get $100 at retirement.To many broken promises about how good our retirement is(WAS).Been told we had the best equipment,best insurance,best retirement and all that appears to be gone now. So if CONWAY is that broke lets help them save by not going to the TDC.Always been fun everyear but the funs gone.If i really thought that we were in bad a shape as they say, I would be the first to take any cuts that were needed to survive. Do your part and just say no to the TDC. John L wanted 1000 to compete i hope he gets 10. Maybe that way CONWAY can at least pay for those 10,s mileage.:Flame-On:

Lets all send a message to JOHN L thats heard loud and clear by boycotting the truck driving championship.Already had several of our dsr,s drop out since Mondays 5% give back. Our retirement has been butchered so much that we will be lucky to get $100 at retirement.To many broken promises about how good our retirement is(WAS).Been told we had the best equipment,best insurance,best retirement and all that appears to be gone now. So if CONWAY is that broke lets help them save by not going to the TDC.Always been fun everyear but the funs gone.If i really thought that we were in bad a shape as they say, I would be the first to take any cuts that were needed to survive. Do your part and just say no to the TDC. John L wanted 1000 to compete i hope he gets 10. Maybe that way CONWAY can at least pay for those 10,s mileage.:Flame-On:

Many here have done this for many,
many , years , regarding this farce.

Just4Thought

Many here have done this for many,
many , years , regarding this farce.

Just4Thought

I have also done it for several years and had a good time ,good food and good friends. But with all the cuts will it be the same.We were treated to the best meals and were paid for our expenses. What will they spend on the drivers and their families when we dine out? All i,am saying is if we are losing that much money do we need to spend MONEY on the TDC. Thats just my opinon and my alone.If i,am wrong then explain it to me:duh:

I told my TM Thursday i was dropping out. For me it is not a boycott. I just can't see going to a Rodeo for fun and competition under the circumstances that took place on Monday. I wish those that compete in the rodeo the best!

I told my TM Thursday i was dropping out. For me it is not a boycott. I just can't see going to a Rodeo for fun and competition under the circumstances that took place on Monday. I wish those that compete in the rodeo the best!

Thank you for doing your part to help us survive in these difficult times.

Been studying. Can't wait for the weather to break and start practicing. Maybe next weekend!

You will be the Service Center Hero. Enjoy.

Note; I heard Wii Has a game in development by that name.

Make sure your shots are up to date.

Not a "hero". Just following a commitment I made. No matter what happened or will happen!

Following through on a commitment at Conway?

My hats off to you. We all demonstrate our character everyday, - all day. In the last decade, our leadership's character has left a sour taste in my mouth. The example they have set should be a template or a benchmark for the many thousands of subordinates like myself yet they expect us to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Not that you do or should care, I admire your stance but would not blame you for reneging on that commitment, - even a little bit.

I just don't understand the ones that want to participate in this years TDC. I know for a lot of the drivers, its the competitive spirit in them, to show who's the best, but let's be realistic. John L. and all those ballwashers at the G.O. know they will have participants. They always have and always will. There's always that one at the terminal that will. The one that thinks if he does it, he will be held to a higher standard in someones eye. :loser: It reminds me of Kevin Bakers character in Animal House, during the hazing, when they keep paddle-ing his A@# and he just continues to say, "Thank you sir, may I have another!"
For those of you that compete, I hope you do well. Just remember who's taking money back out of your pocket and reducing what was once great into something mediocre. Sorry, I'm ranting.......................... BOYCOTT THE TDC!!!! :nutkick:

We have 3 out of the 4 dsrs that had planned on going to the TDC drop out this week.Safety man not to happy about it, maybe he can go in their place, just be sure he leaves all the newer trucks parked at home and drive his personal car were it won,t cost conway no extra. Maybe John L. can go root him on and buy Mac-D,S for everyone. Happy meals for all

We have 3 out of the 4 dsrs that had planned on going to the TDC drop out this week.Safety man not to happy about it, maybe he can go in their place, just be sure he leaves all the newer trucks parked at home and drive his personal car were it won,t cost conway no extra. Maybe John L. can go root him on and buy Mac-D,S for everyone. Happy meals for all

Nope, they will be wined and dined. The "real" world where Conway is in dire straits will not be mentioned. Take backs, ICP, the economy, pensions, sick days, equipment against the fence, deferred vacations, and layoffs will ALL be taboo subjects.

Sugar plum fairies and what a great company we work for is all they want you to think about. And for a brief moment, their world will revolve around you.

Life IS good!

don't want Con-way to represent ?

Did anyone think about how our efforts in this competition may have a positive effect on potential new business? Granted,it's still about service and price,but if you were a salesman and had a customer on the edge of choosing us would you not want to show him everything you could to show the good quality of our company and drivers?
Imagine if it got out to our customers that we were boycotting the TDC, some may say no big deal, but I'm sure others would see it as a direct reflection on our bad attitude.