XPO | Boycott the tdc -just say no

Conway trucker, I'm sorry you feel this way. Most of the Driver's I know go to win. The perks were just an extra incentive. I would go even if I had to pay my own way, would you? I don't go for the food or the t-shirts. I enjoy competing and trying to prove every year that I'm the best in my profession. I'm sorry other driver's will boycott this event and miss the opportunity to win in the range of 40,000 dollars at the nationals if you win Grand Champion. That's right a brand new truck and a check for 7500.00 if you win Grand Champion. Man that would go a long way towards making up 5%.Hope to see you in Pittsburgh Pa. Will not miss my chance to win this.
Checkless, how about you take the high-road, maybe be a trend-setter and go ahead and pay for it yourself this year. Let's not wait until the company says you have to. Be proactive not re-active. And not just you but all of the Con-way drivers that feel the need to participate in this "event?". I am calling out each and every one of you to pay your own way this year. Double dog dare you!

Checkless, how about you take the high-road, maybe be a trend-setter and go ahead and pay for it yourself this year. Let's not wait until the company says you have to. Be proactive not re-active. And not just you but all of the Con-way drivers that feel the need to participate in this "event?". I am calling out each and every one of you to pay your own way this year. Double dog dare you!
Most powerful method of leadership is setting an example. And it's a good way to get nominated for that elusive O'brian Award.

Last week a fellow driver called to say he and a bunch of other drivers where dropping out of the TDC in protest of our race truck,and wanted to know if I would join them. I told him at the time that I was dropping out, but not in protest of the race truck. It's because I felt like I've been punched in the stomach,and the pride took a hit too. Ive been doing the TDC for many years, and I know I wouldn't be the kind of driver I'm today because of it. Remember the company TDC. It was cut! After reading bankrupt and thestraps posts about the TDC being a waste of they're money, I'm doing it! I'm in! And I aint paying for nuttin !! YEP

Last week a fellow driver called to say he and a bunch of other drivers where dropping out of the TDC in protest of our race truck,and wanted to know if I would join them. I told him at the time that I was dropping out, but not in protest of the race truck. It's because I felt like I've been punched in the stomach,and the pride took a hit too. Ive been doing the TDC for many years, and I know I wouldn't be the kind of driver I'm today because of it. Remember the company TDC. It was cut! After reading bankrupt and thestraps posts about the TDC being a waste of they're money, I'm doing it! I'm in! And I aint paying for nuttin !! YEP

I knew I could make a difference!

Be the best you can be.

Lets get to it...the race truck has nothing to do with this....

Initially I was against the TDC for many of my own reasons...more valid than some of the rants posted here. My barn was closed...and it pissed me off! Bigtime!!!! And I'm still pissed!!!!

Those wanting the boycott of the TDC are just using the race truck as an excuse. Period!!!!

The truck is a marketing tool!!! No more different than an ad in the trucking papers or a flyer given to customers...it is just advertising. Con-Way is going to spend those monies as they see fit. Your input is not required. Its their money!!!

Those here pushing the boycott of the TDC are just using it as an effigy because they know the company participates in a big way and they think if they can get people to drop out then they have in some way hurt the company.

Uummm!!! NO!!! The only ones you are hurting is yourselves. You are ostracizing those who will participate as traitors to your cause. Your cause (and you have a right to it!) is your cause...it may not be theirs.

Don't make the mistake of alienating your co-workers because you are pissed...you still have to work with them and this economy will pass. You have to work with them for a long time.

If you disagree with the TDC fine!!!! But the race truck has nothing to do with it and stop using it as a whipping horse to satisfy your own agenda.

Leave these people alone!

Rat :loser:

posted today

Lets all send a message to JOHN L thats heard loud and clear by boycotting the truck driving championship.Already had several of our dsr,s drop out since Mondays 5% give back. Our retirement has been butchered so much that we will be lucky to get $100 at retirement.To many broken promises about how good our retirement is(WAS).Been told we had the best equipment,best insurance,best retirement and all that appears to be gone now. So if CONWAY is that broke lets help them save by not going to the TDC.Always been fun everyear but the funs gone.If i really thought that we were in bad a shape as they say, I would be the first to take any cuts that were needed to survive. Do your part and just say no to the TDC. John L wanted 1000 to compete i hope he gets 10. Maybe that way CONWAY can at least pay for those 10,s mileage.:Flame-On:
they are not going to pay milage for practice,or hotel stay,its all on you,THE driver. I think they should call it off for a year and save a little more money!!!:smilie_132:

Lets get to it...the race truck has nothing to do with this....

Initially I was against the TDC for many of my own reasons...more valid than some of the rants posted here. My barn was closed...and it pissed me off! Bigtime!!!! And I'm still pissed!!!!

Those wanting the boycott of the TDC are just using the race truck as an excuse. Period!!!!

The truck is a marketing tool!!! No more different than an ad in the trucking papers or a flyer given to customers...it is just advertising. Con-Way is going to spend those monies as they see fit. Your input is not required. Its their money!!!

Those here pushing the boycott of the TDC are just using it as an effigy because they know the company participates in a big way and they think if they can get people to drop out then they have in some way hurt the company.

Uummm!!! NO!!! The only ones you are hurting is yourselves. You are ostracizing those who will participate as traitors to your cause. Your cause (and you have a right to it!) is your cause...it may not be theirs.

Don't make the mistake of alienating your co-workers because you are pissed...you still have to work with them and this economy will pass. You have to work with them for a long time.

If you disagree with the TDC fine!!!! But the race truck has nothing to do with it and stop using it as a whipping horse to satisfy your own agenda.

Leave these people alone!

Rat :loser:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm doing it!(the TDC) I'm in!(the TDC) I agree with you RAT. Lets just blame it on the capt. whats funny is that Bankrupt thinks he really converted me over, and i thought he was just being sarcastic again.

No, Golly!

I really thought it was all about ME!

Truth hurts.

MY day just got RUINED!!!

Talk about being slapped in the face

Con-way wants more from us and they dont want to keep taking more and more away from us. Its a joke and dont understand with all the new business we are getting why they slap us. But whats funny is that our president got a nice bonus for xmas and we got crap.

Con-way wants more from us and they dont want to keep taking more and more away from us. Its a joke and dont understand with all the new business we are getting why they slap us. But whats funny is that our president got a nice bonus for xmas and we got crap.

No, he got stock options on 1/26 that may or may not be worth anything in 2012...no check, like the idiots at AIG got for bankrupting their company...a check signed by you and me....now THAT ought to **** you off...

As far as ICP, he got the same 4% the rest of us got...

Seriously ! I will be competing this year in the state TDC . The morale at work isn't good and I thought of dropping out. those who have never participated should at least give it a try, or chance and maybe they would understand the value of a TDC.

After all its for US, the DRIVERS!

We've lost enough

No, he got stock options on 1/26 that may or may not be worth anything in 2012...no check, like the idiots at AIG got for bankrupting their company...a check signed by you and me....now THAT ought to **** you off...

Your trying to down play stock as if it is not real money!

Sir, I hate to tell you this but it is REAL MONEY.

You mention AIG and say we the people wrote the check as if we the workers of Con-Way are not paying for the Stock bonus they recieved with a pay cut???
Did someone mention Pis...AAaahh never mind:duh:

Seriously ! I will be competing this year in the state TDC . The morale at work isn't good and I thought of dropping out. those who have never participated should at least give it a try, or chance and maybe they would understand the value of a TDC.

After all its for US, the DRIVERS!

We've lost enough

um...........They do not do it for the drivers.

I agree with 'rage that the stock IS very real. To continue through in your logic, the dollar may not be worth anything in 2012.

Sorry, but am unable to step into your diversionary tactic concerning AIG. I am angry with Conway. Show me pictures of abused puppy dogs and I will still be angry with Conway. Considering what's been happening, I'm a little focused. However, if you want to make comparisons, I'd say it's fair to say that our leaders and their leaders share some of the same characteristics.

They aspire to become filthy rich, they are capable of advancing their own agendas (Get Rich) at the expense of their subordinates, and they seem like good people.

On another note concerning ICP, I don't understand how ANYONE in management or supervision gets the same ICP that we lowly Drivers, clerks, and mechanics get. As one's status in Conway increases, so does his/her ICP percentage......Not just a little, but a lot. This is not a point of contention except that I don't like to be told something not-entirely-true that I am expected to believe.

I agree with 'rage that the stock IS very real. To continue through in your logic, the dollar may not be worth anything in 2012.

Sorry, but am unable to step into your diversionary tactic concerning AIG. I am angry with Conway. Show me pictures of abused puppy dogs and I will still be angry with Conway. Considering what's been happening, I'm a little focused. However, if you want to make comparisons, I'd say it's fair to say that our leaders and their leaders share some of the same characteristics.

They aspire to become filthy rich, they are capable of advancing their own agendas (Get Rich) at the expense of their subordinates, and they seem like good people.

On another note concerning ICP, I don't understand how ANYONE in management or supervision gets the same ICP that we lowly Drivers, clerks, and mechanics get. As one's status in Conway increases, so does his/her ICP percentage......Not just a little, but a lot. This is not a point of contention except that I don't like to be told something not-entirely-true that I am expected to believe.

Correction...we ALL got the same 4.4% factor payout...yes there are different percentages...I only used the AIG reference because I saw someone compare our folks to AIG in another thread, which is completely false..
Yes the stock is REAL...but it is contingent......

Attitude, People do any of you have any good thing to say about your employer? Employees in this day an time should be very thankful they even have a job to go to, much less a job with good pay and benefits. Before anyone jumps on that remember you still have a better paying job than 85% of the U.S. citizens. If you all are that angry at Con-Way why don't you take a week of vacation and go job hunting. You can find a job any where but can you find a job with as good of pay and benefits, I don't think so. I know this pay cut hurts everyone but LOOK AROUND PEOPLE, EVERYONE IS CUTTING JOBS AND PAY AND PENSIONS. Feel blessed you still have a job to go to. As far as The T.D.C. get over it, you all are like a bunch of kids in pre-school either go or don't go but at least act like an adult and don't go around behind the bosses backs and try to get others to drop out. Make a video and send to all employees explaining why they should not attend. Get your point across that way, not on a board that 99% of the employees will never see. Grow up!!!!!!!!