XPO | Boycott the tdc -just say no

Correction...we ALL got the same 4.4% factor payout...yes there are different percentages...I only used the AIG reference because I saw someone compare our folks to AIG in another thread, which is completely false..
Yes the stock is REAL...but it is contingent......

Yup. It's that contingency that brings concern. At whose expense is that contingency honored or met?

I'll answer that; Yours and mine. Knowing that stock value can be artificial, personal agendas can be made while deceiving those that decide goal satisfaction. In the quest to meet those goals, people subordinate to our leaders are systematically getting robbed.

In trying to cut costs and become more competitive, Company assets are damaged. Morale is destroyed, the workforce is diluted with lower quality personnel, trust is disposed of, equipment deteriorates, customer service wanes, but stock prices go up.....with out intrinsic merit.

Artificial is a good word to describe this new found stock value. Incentives are met and some people become very wealthy.

You and I paid for it.

Attitude, People do any of you have any good thing to say about your employer? Employees in this day an time should be very thankful they even have a job to go to, much less a job with good pay and benefits. Before anyone jumps on that remember you still have a better paying job than 85% of the U.S. citizens. If you all are that angry at Con-Way why don't you take a week of vacation and go job hunting. You can find a job any where but can you find a job with as good of pay and benefits, I don't think so. I know this pay cut hurts everyone but LOOK AROUND PEOPLE, EVERYONE IS CUTTING JOBS AND PAY AND PENSIONS. Feel blessed you still have a job to go to. As far as The T.D.C. get over it, you all are like a bunch of kids in pre-school either go or don't go but at least act like an adult and don't go around behind the bosses backs and try to get others to drop out. Make a video and send to all employees explaining why they should not attend. Get your point across that way, not on a board that 99% of the employees will never see. Grow up!!!!!!!!

Video?
Unfortunately, I have already spent my exorbitant corporate propaganda budget on a new keyboard for my computer.

As far as acting like an adult and not a preschooler; At least I am trusted by those that know me. And in not acting like a lemming, I am capable of thinking for myself. If someone with questionable ethics or even the appearance of a conflict of interest tells me how to think, I feel a need to examine it from other perspectives.

Attitude, People do any of you have any good thing to say about your employer? Employees in this day an time should be very thankful they even have a job to go to, much less a job with good pay and benefits. Before anyone jumps on that remember you still have a better paying job than 85% of the U.S. citizens. If you all are that angry at Con-Way why don't you take a week of vacation and go job hunting. You can find a job any where but can you find a job with as good of pay and benefits, I don't think so. I know this pay cut hurts everyone but LOOK AROUND PEOPLE, EVERYONE IS CUTTING JOBS AND PAY AND PENSIONS. Feel blessed you still have a job to go to. As far as The T.D.C. get over it, you all are like a bunch of kids in pre-school either go or don't go but at least act like an adult and don't go around behind the bosses backs and try to get others to drop out. Make a video and send to all employees explaining why they should not attend. Get your point across that way, not on a board that 99% of the employees will never see. Grow up!!!!!!!!

As far as the TDC goes ... lets just say there were some things that happened at the local (state) level were there will never be the same turnout because of how the guys and the wives were treated by the regional safety man of that area ... word travels fast Check Less. When people put in time, bring the family .. and your company representative treats you like crap at a TDC do you honestly think the guys are willing to put out their time and efforts .. I really dont think so pal ... so before you start barking about the guys talking about it in here why dont you go on a fact finding mission. Then come back and lets chat. Alot of guys minds were made up LONG before any of the other stuff had happened if they were going to a TDC ...

As far as the TDC goes ... lets just say there were some things that happened at the local (state) level were there will never be the same turnout because of how the guys and the wives were treated by the regional safety man of that area ...When people put in time, bring the family .. and your company representative treats you like crap at a TDC do you honestly think the guys are willing to put out their time and efforts ..

Spill the beans! How did this person treat the participants and family members?
I know for a fact if I donated my time and was treated poorly I would never attend another one.
Without the drivers there is no competition.

Spill the beans! How did this person treat the participants and family members?
I know for a fact if I donated my time and was treated poorly I would never attend another one.
Without the drivers there is no competition.

Lets put it this way ... if there 100 of him they all could have fit in a VW Beetle with room to spare.

Lets put it this way ... if there 100 of him they all could have fit in a VW Beetle with room to spare.

I think I know him now. He was the midget with a bad black toupee that didn't match his eye brows. Poor guy took a lot of slack from people poking fun at him, no wonder he turned into a :butthead: ::shit::

He was not very knowledgeable in his job.
He would be the perfect tire changer for Colin.

As far as the TDC goes ... lets just say there were some things that happened at the local (state) level were there will never be the same turnout because of how the guys and the wives were treated by the regional safety man of that area ... word travels fast Check Less. When people put in time, bring the family .. and your company representative treats you like crap at a TDC do you honestly think the guys are willing to put out their time and efforts .. I really dont think so pal ... so before you start barking about the guys talking about it in here why dont you go on a fact finding mission. Then come back and lets chat. Alot of guys minds were made up LONG before any of the other stuff had happened if they were going to a TDC ...

Well??????

Well??????

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this thread posted after the announcement of the pay and benefits cut-backs. If so and everyone was already dropping out then why post it after or right at the time of the cut-backs? I GUESS YOU ALL COULD HAVE OVERLOOKED THE BAD TREATMENT OF LAST YEARS TDC WITH NO CUT-BACKS. Futhermore if you were treateded badly I for one would like to send my sincere apology on behalf of the TDC participants. I would not have liked being treated wrongly either. Did anyone discuss this with his superiors? If so I hope they corrected the problem and I sincerely hope you all would not let the actions of one person stand in the way of something you may want to do.

I agree....

Yup. It's that contingency that brings concern. At whose expense is that contingency honored or met?

I'll answer that; Yours and mine. Knowing that stock value can be artificial, personal agendas can be made while deceiving those that decide goal satisfaction. In the quest to meet those goals, people subordinate to our leaders are systematically getting robbed.

In trying to cut costs and become more competitive, Company assets are damaged. Morale is destroyed, the workforce is diluted with lower quality personnel, trust is disposed of, equipment deteriorates, customer service wanes, but stock prices go up.....with out intrinsic merit.

Artificial is a good word to describe this new found stock value. Incentives are met and some people become very wealthy.

You and I paid for it.

You sure have a way of putting him in his place. He definetely has tunnel vision.

Check Less ... are you on the TDC sign up video ?

Yes I am, and I'm very proud of it. I attend the TDC's because I want to not because someone asked me to. We make videos like this for the drivers in the company who may have never heard about the TDC. I understand you all are upset over the pay cuts but being negative towards something that is good for the drivers is not the way to protest. The TDC's can only help a driver improve his or her skills and knowledge of the industry. Anyone that does not want a safer moe knowledgeable driver on the road does not care about their profession. I guess if your family doctor could go to a class and learn more about keeping you healthier but instead decided it would be better if he did not go because he was upset with the hospital he worked for making him take a paycut, that would be ok. Thats the doctor I really want taking care of my family. I want the safest most respectful, knowledgeable, courtesy driver that we as an industry can put on the roadway's and in front of our customers. I cannot see where that is a bad objective. I hope you will all reconsider and attend the TDC's for you and your family's safety on America's roadways. Hope to see you all in Pittsburgh.

Yes I am, and I'm very proud of it. I attend the TDC's because I want to not because someone asked me to. We make videos like this for the drivers in the company who may have never heard about the TDC. I understand you all are upset over the pay cuts but being negative towards something that is good for the drivers is not the way to protest. The TDC's can only help a driver improve his or her skills and knowledge of the industry. Anyone that does not want a safer moe knowledgeable driver on the road does not care about their profession. I guess if your family doctor could go to a class and learn more about keeping you healthier but instead decided it would be better if he did not go because he was upset with the hospital he worked for making him take a paycut, that would be ok. Thats the doctor I really want taking care of my family. I want the safest most respectful, knowledgeable, courtesy driver that we as an industry can put on the roadway's and in front of our customers. I cannot see where that is a bad objective. I hope you will all reconsider and attend the TDC's for you and your family's safety on America's roadways. Hope to see you all in Pittsburgh.

We got a movie star!
Good analogy.

It cracks me up how everyone says that by going to the TDC's will make you a better and safer driver. I totally disagree. In fact just looking at the "drivers" who have signed up from my Service Center, ( 4 L/H, 5 or 6 City, 1 or 2 dock) 3/4 signed up just because they wanted the time-off, paid. This from their mouths. Of the 4 L/H "drivers" only one should be allowed to go, the other 3 are very unprofessional. In fact on Friday morning I was passed by one of them less than a half-mile from the exit and he literally had to force his way over. The poor person in the car he forced over almost lost control of his car because of our "professional driver". And this driver has competed in 5 or 6 TDC's. The other 2 drivers are just as bad if not worse. So please save the, "it makes you a safer driver comments" for the unaware or uneducated.

It cracks me up how everyone says that by going to the TDC's will make you a better and safer driver. I totally disagree. In fact just looking at the "drivers" who have signed up from my Service Center, ( 4 L/H, 5 or 6 City, 1 or 2 dock) 3/4 signed up just because they wanted the time-off, paid. This from their mouths. Of the 4 L/H "drivers" only one should be allowed to go, the other 3 are very unprofessional. In fact on Friday morning I was passed by one of them less than a half-mile from the exit and he literally had to force his way over. The poor person in the car he forced over almost lost control of his car because of our "professional driver". And this driver has competed in 5 or 6 TDC's. The other 2 drivers are just as bad if not worse. So please save the, "it makes you a safer driver comments" for the unaware or uneducated.

Did you turn him in?

Rat

It cracks me up how everyone says that by going to the TDC's will make you a better and safer driver. I totally disagree. In fact just looking at the "drivers" who have signed up from my Service Center, ( 4 L/H, 5 or 6 City, 1 or 2 dock) 3/4 signed up just because they wanted the time-off, paid.

You get out of it what you put into it. Simply showing up does not make one a safer driver. Certainly all will view the experience differently. For me, it made me realize I was not as good as I thought I was, and not just with the driving skills. After competing I especially pay more attention to and do a more detailed pre-trip daily. My knowledge of things I was previously ignorant toward is greatly improved. I may now find defects I previously would have overlooked which definitely contributes to safety. I enjoy being part of the team. Those of you who play any organized team sport or activity will understand what I am talking about.

Your post just makes it clear you have no idea what you are talking about...just some silly rant trying to disenfranchise those folks who have decided to compete..and you are not alone..many here have attempted the same...fruitlessly...

If you did not turn in said driver for their disgression then you are as guilty (if not more so) than they. To have witnessed such an event requires action...I have family members on the road too....do I want some idiot behind the wheel of a tractor/trailer endangering their lives???

I think not!!!

So what did you do???

Rat :TR10driving03:

You get out of it what you put into it. Simply showing up does not make one a safer driver. Certainly all will view the experience differently. For me, it made me realize I was not as good as I thought I was, and not just with the driving skills. After competing I especially pay more attention to and do a more detailed pre-trip daily. My knowledge of things I was previously ignorant toward is greatly improved. I may now find defects I previously would have overlooked which definitely contributes to safety. I enjoy being part of the team. Those of you who play any organized team sport or activity will understand what I am talking about.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Great post!
If anyone has a chance to go to one let alone compete in one, I highly encourage it. It's a fun filled adrenaline pumping experience to watch your co-workers and competition compete in the Super Bowl of Trucking.

Your post just makes it clear you have no idea what you are talking about...just some silly rant trying to disenfranchise those folks who have decided to compete..and you are not alone..many here have attempted the same...fruitlessly...

If you did not turn in said driver for their disgression then you are as guilty (if not more so) than they. To have witnessed such an event requires action...I have family members on the road too....do I want some idiot behind the wheel of a tractor/trailer endangering their lives???

I think not!!!

So what did you do???

Rat :TR10driving03:
No I didn't. But we had a nice long talk in the parking lot afterwards. And I explained to him exactly what you said about having family members/friends driving on the same roads. The problem with turning him in @ our barn is, he's a kissa$$ and can do no wrong, in the eyes of our management. He doesn't take his breaks, he'll work for free on the dock, he does the TDC's and all of the company parties. I take my breaks, I don't do company parties, I question my FOS's, FOM's, SCM. It's my word against his. No witnesses. He does know that he is being watched.

No I didn't. But we had a nice long talk in the parking lot afterwards. And I explained to him exactly what you said about having family members/friends driving on the same roads. The problem with turning him in @ our barn is, he's a kissa$$ and can do no wrong, in the eyes of our management. He doesn't take his breaks, he'll work for free on the dock, he does the TDC's and all of the company parties. I take my breaks, I don't do company parties, I question my FOS's, FOM's, SCM. It's my word against his. No witnesses. He does know that he is being watched.

Are you respected by your SCM to the point he would listen to you..??