XPO | Boycott the tdc -just say no

Did anyone think about how our efforts in this competition may have a positive effect on potential new business? Granted,it's still about service and price,but if you were a salesman and had a customer on the edge of choosing us would you not want to show him everything you could to show the good quality of our company and drivers?
Imagine if it got out to our customers that we were boycotting the TDC, some may say no big deal, but I'm sure others would see it as a direct reflection on our bad attitude.

Customers don,t keep up with the TDC, thats just bragging rights for the company:clap: or driver.

really

Customers don,t keep up with the TDC, thats just bragging rights for the company:clap: or driver.

so your telling me a traffic manager for a multi million dollar company in charge of millions of dollars worth of freight per week does not keep up with industry news? Heck, most of them know within 1 hour if one of our trucks is in a major accident.If you really believe that,you must not have much sales experience.

in this economy, we need EVERY EDGE we can get.

Commitment

Not a "hero". Just following a commitment I made. No matter what happened or will happen!

Conway made a commitment to us when they gave us a pension and invested in the 401k. Told us we would have health care after we retire. Guess what happened?

ok....

Conway made a commitment to us when they gave us a pension and invested in the 401k. Told us we would have health care after we retire. Guess what happened?

where is this commitment at,i would like to read it please. what happened? well a lot of people believing in trickle down economics and lots of good snake oil salesmen to push that theory. rich got richer, poor got poorer, promises broken all over the world.
where should i go to work to be treated the way you think we should be treated? Who really is backing up any promises they made in this business?

Did anyone think about how our efforts in this competition may have a positive effect on potential new business? Granted,it's still about service and price,but if you were a salesman and had a customer on the edge of choosing us would you not want to show him everything you could to show the good quality of our company and drivers?
Imagine if it got out to our customers that we were boycotting the TDC, some may say no big deal, but I'm sure others would see it as a direct reflection on our bad attitude.

Simple,

...fix the underlying problem that is causing the boycott.

where is this commitment at,i would like to read it please. what happened? well a lot of people believing in trickle down economics and lots of good snake oil salesmen to push that theory. rich got richer, poor got poorer, promises broken all over the world.
where should i go to work to be treated the way you think we should be treated? Who really is backing up any promises they made in this business?

Com'on!

Tell us the truth.

You are wishing we had a contract. Aren't you?

so your telling me a traffic manager for a multi million dollar company in charge of millions of dollars worth of freight per week does not keep up with industry news? Heck, most of them know within 1 hour if one of our trucks is in a major accident.If you really believe that,you must not have much sales experience.

Most traffic managers are more concerned about price than if xyz trucking won 1st place in the TDC. Get real! I have been city p&d for close to 20 yrs now. I have seen it all.You do a good job for our customers 99.9% of the time and it seems that .1% mistake and most don,t even know who we are anymore .Service is still top on their list but its still price driven! So if you believe that some traffic manager sits around and checks to see who won the TDC then let me pour you another cup of blue kool-aid for you and MR John L. for the road.I have given this company 100% for the last 20 yrs and will keep on giving.But i won,t sit around praise our company leaders for lying to us over and over.I plan on retiring from this company some day and will take my pitiful retirement check that got smaller every year.:Flame-On:duh::

You are correct about the major accident in 1 hour, but good news doesn't get noticed. You ever watch the news? How much air time is given to positive stories?

You are correct about the major accident in 1 hour, but good news doesn't get noticed. You ever watch the news? How much air time is given to positive stories?

And that is because America loves a train wreck...We will glue ourselves to the idiot box to view a tragedy, but can't be bothered with the feel good stuff..

I wasn't going to go, I have never cared for such things. However........I have been thinking.......

I am in the process of losing a rather significant slice of my income.

It has to cost the company, more than the price of a "happy meal" to send me to that insipid demonstration of absolutely nothing, sorry, I mean the T.D.c.

So, in order for me to at least get SOME of the income loss back in some way, (some way that doesn't further jeopardize my job).

Perhaps allowing them to spend an inordinate amount of money, on a completely useless "mini-vacation", is just what the doctor ordered.

I couldn't care less (oxy-moron, what I really mean is there isn't a human being on the planet that could care less than me).....on performing well at whatever inane task they expect at the actual event. But, they get to spend some money on my attendance, that is actually being stolen from the rest of the drivers who slave everyday to try and keep this feckless outfit afloat......

Maybe everybody should go........make them spend the whole $100 million on the TDC's........Shut down the whole company for a day, cause every driver went to the TDC......and, all that money on plane tickets, car mileage to get there and back, hotel rooms, steak dinners, new shirts, ad nauseum......

I wasn't going to go, I have never cared for such things. However........I have been thinking.......

I am in the process of losing a rather significant slice of my income.

It has to cost the company, more than the price of a "happy meal" to send me to that insipid demonstration of absolutely nothing, sorry, I mean the T.D.c.

So, in order for me to at least get SOME of the income loss back in some way, (some way that doesn't further jeopardize my job).

Perhaps allowing them to spend an inordinate amount of money, on a completely useless "mini-vacation", is just what the doctor ordered.

I couldn't care less (oxy-moron, what I really mean is there isn't a human being on the planet that could care less than me).....on performing well at whatever inane task they expect at the actual event. But, they get to spend some money on my attendance, that is actually being stolen from the rest of the drivers who slave everyday to try and keep this feckless outfit afloat......

Maybe everybody should go........make them spend the whole $100 million on the TDC's........Shut down the whole company for a day, cause every driver went to the TDC......and, all that money on plane tickets, car mileage to get there and back, hotel rooms, steak dinners, new shirts, ad nauseum......

Now THAT's using your liver....er..noggin!

And along that same line of thinking; Since crashing our beloved race truck reaps such media value, we could make it even more spectacular if (Off the clock) we all congregate at a local landmark and stage a down home demolition derby with our own cars! Think about a world wide, yup China too, coordinated crash. When asked why by the media, we can tell the truth about wanting the world to notice us. That we will go to any lengths, no matter the waste, to get some publicity.

And like the NASCAR race truck, Conway won't have to pay for it. - Our insurance companies will!

Av8tor, the rest of the LTL industry will once again have to follow our lead because of you. Thank you for all you do in the Hot Girly Thread too.

Now THAT's using your liver....er..noggin!

And along that same line of thinking; Since crashing our beloved race truck reaps such media value, we could make it even more spectacular if (Off the clock) we all congregate at a local landmark and stage a down home demolition derby with our own cars! Think about a world wide, yup China too, coordinated crash. When asked why by the media, we can tell the truth about wanting the world to notice us. That we will go to any lengths, no matter the waste, to get some publicity.

And like the NASCAR race truck, Conway won't have to pay for it. - Our insurance companies will!

Av8tor, the rest of the LTL industry will once again have to follow our lead because of you. Thank you for all you do in the Hot Girly Thread too.
And maybe we can get some of those cool magnetic signs that say "Con-way" and we can put them on our car doors and and hoods when we have the demo-derby. Now that should bring in some great advertising.

And maybe we can get some of those cool magnetic signs that say "Con-way" and we can put them on our car doors and and hoods when we have the demo-derby. Now that should bring in some great advertising.

Now would that be an chargeable or non.chargeable accident:smilie_132:

Chargeable, everything is chargeable. Sneezing is chargeable!

...boycott TDC!

The money could be better spend on something besides chasing an trophy.Maybe all that are going to the TDC not get paid on that friday, if its all about personal pride.I have gone in the past but these are tough times.When they cut my pay then they can gather up some fos, billing clerk or scm to take my place.I have said it before i will give 100% work 100% of the time ,always have,just leave my benifits and pay alone.:Flame-On: BOYCOTT THE TDC SEND A MESSAGE THAT IS LOUD AND CLEAR TO JOHN L.. you cant have your cake and eat it too.

The word on the street is that they are pretty much begging for more drivers for the TDC. My understanding is that too many dropped out at the last moment.Personally for me it was just a time to get away from work for a few days.Too many were so nervous that you would have thought we were at the super bowl of truck driving.Some found out i had my cell in my pocket( turned off) and they like to had a stroke.Some said when they blew the whistle to exit the walking of the course(before the start of the contest) that you had to run as fast as you could to get off or else.Dont look in that direction when your class is being driven or else. Lifes to short for all that pressure.I,m better needed at home playing with the kids .

Conway trucker, I'm sorry you feel this way. Most of the Driver's I know go to win. The perks were just an extra incentive. I would go even if I had to pay my own way, would you? I don't go for the food or the t-shirts. I enjoy competing and trying to prove every year that I'm the best in my profession. I'm sorry other driver's will boycott this event and miss the opportunity to win in the range of 40,000 dollars at the nationals if you win Grand Champion. That's right a brand new truck and a check for 7500.00 if you win Grand Champion. Man that would go a long way towards making up 5%.Hope to see you in Pittsburgh Pa. Will not miss my chance to win this.

Conway trucker, I'm sorry you feel this way. Most of the Driver's I know go to win. The perks were just an extra incentive. I would go even if I had to pay my own way, would you? I don't go for the food or the t-shirts. I enjoy competing and trying to prove every year that I'm the best in my profession. I'm sorry other driver's will boycott this event and miss the opportunity to win in the range of 40,000 dollars at the nationals if you win Grand Champion. That's right a brand new truck and a check for 7500.00 if you win Grand Champion. Man that would go a long way towards making up 5%.Hope to see you in Pittsburgh Pa. Will not miss my chance to win this.

I am with ya Check Less, I will be there. I dont care what is going on but i will be there.

Walk tall because your co-workers will be very proud of you both.