Yellow | Breaking news 4/29/11 YRCW Achieves Milestone

I wish you 'truck drivers' would come to realize the truth that the "pension fund" is nothing more than a ponzi scheme. I would rather get a $2-$5 hour bump or a $.05 milage bump in cash/paycheck. At least I would be in control of my 'golden years' instead of some faceless PONZI sob. $1900 - $500 FED - $300 giveback (to prevent bankruptacy) = $1100 take home. I sure could find good use for the $800 Uncle Sam and YRC are stealing from me.

Bowers v. Devito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982) (There is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let the people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order.); (No duty to protect) = Rule 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss;Cf. Reciprocial obligations;

If any of you think Uncle Sam is bound to perform for you... think again.

Turn the "pension" into compensation for labor and let ME decide how and when I want to retire. Making me work for anyone for 25 years before I can get MY MONEY is bs. If Sam and YRC wern't taking $800 a week from me I could retire at 45 years instead of 65+ years.

WAKE UP TRUCK DRIVERS! The "pension" is a ponzi scheme designed to keep you clocked in for 40 years and broke. No wonder $bill keeps getting paid, he can see how ignorant we Teamsters realy are.

I wish you 'truck drivers' would come to realize the truth that the "pension fund" is nothing more than a ponzi scheme. I would rather get a $2-$5 hour bump or a $.05 milage bump in cash/paycheck. At least I would be in control of my 'golden years' instead of some faceless PONZI sob. $1900 - $500 FED - $300 giveback (to prevent bankruptacy) = $1100 take home. I sure could find good use for the $800 Uncle Sam and YRC are stealing from me.

Bowers v. Devito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982) (There is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let the people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order.); (No duty to protect) = Rule 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss;Cf. Reciprocial obligations;

If any of you think Uncle Sam is bound to perform for you... think again.

Turn the "pension" into compensation for labor and let ME decide how and when I want to retire. Making me work for anyone for 25 years before I can get MY MONEY is bs. If Sam and YRC wern't taking $800 a week from me I could retire at 45 years instead of 65+ years.

WAKE UP TRUCK DRIVERS! The "pension" is a ponzi scheme designed to keep you clocked in for 40 years and broke. No wonder $bill keeps getting paid, he can see how ignorant we Teamsters realy are.

That may be so but its a ponzi scheme thats worked for quite a while. The problem is that its been abused like ss and I put most of the pension problems squarely on the onion's shoulders. If they had fought deregulation as hard as they fought for the yrc givebacks there'd be plenty of cash in the funds, and so would UPS. Think of how much an additional 500,000+ freight members would be contributing. Then the sweetheart contracts for new employers with no pensions but a 401Krap.
Your idea of getting the pension money in your paycheck to invest would work for a very small minority but most would just use it to increase their standard of living so it would be a big 0 in their account when retirement time rolled around.
Just look at how many 401Kraps have been cashed out just in the last couple of years because of the depression. How would someone in their 50s start over again. Most just live beyond their means and need that forced retirement plan and remember, the gooberment is studying ways to take over 401Kraps, IRAs and someother retirements and will set your retirement by their rules. If they're studying it, its only a matter of time.
Just to remind you again, ss is, was the first 401Krap, you put money in matched by employer, no taxpayer funds. Well, until the gomers started to steal it. Remember, there'd be 2.5-3 TRILLION dollars in the ss fund right now if that hadn't happened.

PS:With the dollar like a runaway freight train it won't really matter. Wonder if the engineer is a teamster and as disgruntled as YRCers!!! GOD help us!!!:biglaugh:

That may be so but its a ponzi scheme thats worked for quite a while. The problem is that its been abused like ss and I put most of the pension problems squarely on the onion's shoulders. If they had fought deregulation as hard as they fought for the yrc givebacks there'd be plenty of cash in the funds, and so would UPS. Think of how much an additional 500,000+ freight members would be contributing. Then the sweetheart contracts for new employers with no pensions but a 401Krap.
Your idea of getting the pension money in your paycheck to invest would work for a very small minority but most would just use it to increase their standard of living so it would be a big 0 in their account when retirement time rolled around.
Just look at how many 401Kraps have been cashed out just in the last couple of years because of the depression. How would someone in their 50s start over again. Most just live beyond their means and need that forced retirement plan and remember, the gooberment is studying ways to take over 401Kraps, IRAs and someother retirements and will set your retirement by their rules. If they're studying it, its only a matter of time.
Just to remind you again, ss is, was the first 401Krap, you put money in matched by employer, no taxpayer funds. Well, until the gomers started to steal it. Remember, there'd be 2.5-3 TRILLION dollars in the ss fund right now if that hadn't happened.

PS:With the dollar like a runaway freight train it won't really matter. Wonder if the engineer is a teamster and as disgruntled as YRCers!!! GOD help us!!!:biglaugh:

Great post, Turbo!!

Very interesting Stuff! Thanks.......

So, have you hit that jackpot yet, you've been working it for years now! My m-o is a dollar on Humpday and Saturday for a quick pick. When it happens, I'm renting a limo with moonroof, heading over to terminal if they're still open, standing up through the "moon"roof and telling all of them(except a couple that are ok) to kiss my retired a$$!:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Whatta ya think about that plan?

It may have been a good program at the time, but now its worthless. Its so underfunded the majority of the guys working now will not see their fair share.
They should freeze it and release the companies of their obligations to it so they can survive and contribute to employee 401k's.
And yes I have 19 years in so its not like I'm to far from the golden egg. (21 total but obviously lost 2 years)

So, have you hit that jackpot yet, you've been working it for years now! My m-o is a dollar on Humpday and Saturday for a quick pick. When it happens, I'm renting a limo with moonroof, heading over to terminal if they're still open, standing up through the "moon"roof and telling all of them(except a couple that are ok) to kiss my retired a$$!:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Whatta ya think about that plan?

Thats pretty good but mine would involve strippers, midgets ,search lights ,drunken rodeo clowns,former terminal managers, MMA fighters and pancake syrup. Decorum prevents me from detailing the events these items would engage in on company property! In the mean time I will continue to buy lottery tickets.

Thats pretty good but mine would involve strippers, midgets ,search lights ,drunken rodeo clowns,former terminal managers, MMA fighters and pancake syrup. Decorum prevents me from detailing the events these items would engage in on company property! In the mean time I will continue to buy lottery tickets.

I'd have to say scrap the clowns, dealt with way to many in management and the local for too many years!

Strippers, midgets, drunken rodeo clowns...hey Disgruntled sounds like your family reunion. Not that that's a bad thing.

Got my ponzi check sitting right here in front of me.
I clocked in for 34 years

CL, by allowing some to realize a benefit the shysters build an army of 'believers in lies' that shout down those telling the truth, you'll get yours and more on the backs of all that come after you. It's like allowing the IRS seize your grandchild's home in order to pay for your social security.
TJ, you are correct. I would rather get the "pension" paid to me in cash every week. If I wanted to retire at age 35 I could. The way the 'Brotherhood' allows it to happen requires ME to work for 20+ years before I get one penny, hoping there is a penny at all. I am forced to stay at an abusive employer for 20+ years IF I want any pension. If instead I got MY pension in my check every week I could tell the abuser to SHOVE IT after 1-5-10-15 years and have my money in my hand. Or I could use that "pension" to start a business, or light camp fires. The point is that I'd be free to do anything with My money in My hand. I'm watching Teamsters chase Union jobs around the country simply trying to get their last 1-2-3-4 years in so they can collect any pension at all. The Teamster negotiated 20+year pension slavery scam, slave for 20+ and you'll get your money back, don't slave = no money.
Pension = the ultimate con on the working Man.

i think you are wrong ...not as far as the pension goes...the ultimate con is social security...weve all been payin into it since we have been workin...imagine no pension and no social security..its gonna be 90 and out for us...with nothing at the end.HEY BUT AT LEAST WE ARE WORKING

i think you are wrong ...not as far as the pension goes...the ultimate con is social security...weve all been payin into it since we have been workin...imagine no pension and no social security..its gonna be 90 and out for us...with nothing at the end.HEY BUT AT LEAST WE ARE WORKING
My future plans don't include working until I die. And it appears that the Govt. and the Union are trying to require me to stay working until death. Not happening.