Yellow | Breaking news 4/29/11 YRCW Achieves Milestone

CL, by allowing some to realize a benefit the shysters build an army of 'believers in lies' that shout down those telling the truth, you'll get yours and more on the backs of all that come after you. It's like allowing the IRS seize your grandchild's home in order to pay for your social security.
TJ, you are correct. I would rather get the "pension" paid to me in cash every week. If I wanted to retire at age 35 I could. The way the 'Brotherhood' allows it to happen requires ME to work for 20+ years before I get one penny, hoping there is a penny at all. I am forced to stay at an abusive employer for 20+ years IF I want any pension. If instead I got MY pension in my check every week I could tell the abuser to SHOVE IT after 1-5-10-15 years and have my money in my hand. Or I could use that "pension" to start a business, or light camp fires. The point is that I'd be free to do anything with My money in My hand. I'm watching Teamsters chase Union jobs around the country simply trying to get their last 1-2-3-4 years in so they can collect any pension at all. The Teamster negotiated 20+year pension slavery scam, slave for 20+ and you'll get your money back, don't slave = no money.
Pension = the ultimate con on the working Man.
I guess in my younger working days I had more to think about. The draft,Fallout Shelters, Missiles in Cuba. I did not have a abusive employer until I worked for Yellow with Maury Myers at the helm and it still goes on. My union was their for us and we got results and respect. My has time changed the world.
I to know of many Teamsters chasing pension hours around the country to get the last few credits to get out. I feel for them it is not fair but what can I do ? I left so that junior men could work ! Yes the same people that would stab me in the back to get a better dispatch and further dilute our hard fought work rules are willing to do what ever it takes to get a better shake for them selfs. My has time changed the world.
Might it be time for us all to come together and right the wrongs to all Teamster members. Yes their needs to be a house cleaning from the top on down and the only way that will happen is for everyone to get on the same page and VOTE !! Then you need to rid us of these politicians that make a career out of screwing the working man. We need to VOTE the bums out and change the laws. So your not getting screwed !
I am not getting Social Security as of yet got a few more years to go. I am told their will be some money still in the pot when my time comes,we shall see. I have not got a 13th check ever from the Western States Fund and I was promised it. That check sure would help out with the $1.100 health insurance that started as $100.00 a month at retirement.My has time changed the world ........

Cab Lizzard did you fill out the form for the supplemental check ? The 13th check as most people call it is only guarantee for member's who retired before 1984 that's the true 13th check . Everyone else as of now has to fill out a form for the supplemental check .

Check your PM inbox also I sent you the number to call .

I have not got a 13th check ever from the Western States Fund and I was promised it. That check sure would help out with the $1.100 health insurance that started as $100.00 a month at retirement.My has time changed the world ........

@chucklotto, do it! I got my first 13th check a few weeks ago and I retired from Yellow in July of 09.

That may be so but its a ponzi scheme thats worked for quite a while. The problem is that its been abused like ss and I put most of the pension problems squarely on the onion's shoulders. If they had fought deregulation as hard as they fought for the yrc givebacks there'd be plenty of cash in the funds, and so would UPS. Think of how much an additional 500,000+ freight members would be contributing. Then the sweetheart contracts for new employers with no pensions but a 401Krap.
Your idea of getting the pension money in your paycheck to invest would work for a very small minority but most would just use it to increase their standard of living so it would be a big 0 in their account when retirement time rolled around.
Just look at how many 401Kraps have been cashed out just in the last couple of years because of the depression. How would someone in their 50s start over again. Most just live beyond their means and need that forced retirement plan and remember, the gooberment is studying ways to take over 401Kraps, IRAs and someother retirements and will set your retirement by their rules. If they're studying it, its only a matter of time.
Just to remind you again, ss is, was the first 401Krap, you put money in matched by employer, no taxpayer funds. Well, until the gomers started to steal it. Remember, there'd be 2.5-3 TRILLION dollars in the ss fund right now if that hadn't happened.

PS:With the dollar like a runaway freight train it won't really matter. Wonder if the engineer is a teamster and as disgruntled as YRCers!!! GOD help us!!!:biglaugh:

Good article in Business Week concerning the 401K.
Retiree Annuities May Be Promoted by Obama Aides - BusinessWeek

I retired at 50, will I gt a recall letter?

I didn't get one either so I called on 5-31 and they just hung up on me! WTF!!! Then again, when I retired I didn't say a word, just stopped showing up.:biglaugh: