Yellow | Brooklyn 187 is at it again

Unionman69,

How long have you been with Roadway?
When will you realize we are nothing but a number? No feeling of family. No remorse for a lost companion. Just the bottom line. Business as usual.

It's true. John was a great person. Always smiling, never a complaint out of his mouth. He will be deeply missed. My prayers and condolences go out to his family.

Here's to you John...:beerchug::sadwavey:

sorry to hear about the loss....as for the vp i betcha that pep talk makes you want to go out and take real good care of the big R:chairshot:

Well here we go again today Mr Lamonty wanted to discharge one of our drivers for having a accident (Wow did he do a number on this truck lol) he rip the back door frame right off the truck. Our steward went in to talk with the T.M. and as we all know our steward Mike and the T M Lamonty don't see eye to eye lol :hysterical:to make a long story short Mike got the driver off with a warning letter :funky: you see Mike has what our last steward lacks. "BALLS" :1036316054:

When I worked ther Mark was our Steward, is that who you are talking about? those were the good times there I guess with Kirk as the TM. It was a fun atmosphere at that time. Guess it all changed for the worse.

LaMont can be petty and arrogant but I have to hand it to him that he spent the entire 8 o'clock morning meeting eulogizing John L.

Thiking of John makes me smile.

He used to say to me, "John, you're doing a heck of a job."

It was a kind of mock of the times when the company would hold meetings and tell us how they understood how rough it is to work in the city.

I saw him punching out the day before we heard of his passing.

"Thank G-d you came in," I told him, "or else we wouldn't have gotten it all done."

We had a chuckle over that.

I'm going to miss him.

When I worked ther Mark was our Steward, is that who you are talking about? those were the good times there I guess with Kirk as the TM. It was a fun atmosphere at that time. Guess it all changed for the worse.
I joined Roadway in '99. At that time Mark was no longer the steward and Kirk was no longer TM. As a matter of fact, Mark retired about 3 years ago and we have had 4 Tm's since then. We had some good times since '99 until the TM we have now came on board. His biggest problem is he has no clue how to work with people. Other management, as well as the rank and file will be fighting over who gets to hold the door when his time to leave comes.:hysterical::hysterical:

Well how the tide has turn one of the azz kissing rats might be in a heap of trouble it seems brain dead Fabian hook to his trailer and never looked at the back of the trailer and pulled away from dock with a dock worker in the trailer with his fork lift both worker and fork lift feel to ground:duh: the dock worker now has back and neck pain all because this rat didnt do the right thing LOOK IN THE BACK OF TRAILER.i hope the dockmen recovers fast with no problems later. But you no what makes me laugh this is the big mouth that went around bad mouthing:gathering: our shop steward Mikey. And now Mikey has to save his azz. knowing Mikey like i do, he will fight :Duel:for this azzhole when all Fabian did was rip Mikey up if i was in Mikeys shoes i would sit back and watch this mut sink like a rock. We will find out Monday what comes of this if Mikey saves this mut Fabian which i know he will Fabian should be thanking Mikey cause if it was me lol sink --- ----- -- ---- sink.:showoff:

this may be off the subject but who's the crazy looking guy that always goes to Intercept ? he starts at 6 or 7am. he is also the guy that does volume or peddles 2-3 stops. runs like a crazy man, hair all over the place, dirty uniform, and doesn't acknowledge anyone from another carrier (NPME,Yellow,ABF) when he sees them in the street.

Well there are men who take whats coming to them and then there are the punk that try to hide. You see today was the day Fabian was gonna know his faith but he punk out and book off like thats gonna make this go away:hysterical: I spoke with Mike our steward this afternoon and ask what was the out come with Fabian.Mike said they where looking for a discharge but Mike and the TM kept talking and they worked it out to a suspension but Mike kept talking to the TM and to no surprise to anyone that knows Mike he got this hole thing knock down to a warning letter:1036316054: To think Mike did this to a guy that just love to bad mouth him if Mike did this for him i can only smile when i think what he would do for the men he likes. Way to go Mike thanks from the men in Brooklyn for always being there for us when someone needs the backing.:1036316054:

Just like we said Mikey saved Fabains azz he only got a warning letter for pulling trailer away from the house with a dockworker and his forklift falling to the ground Don't know how Mikey did it but i still say Fabian should be grateful i wasn't the steward cause i would let him sink cause he is no stand up teamster in alot of peoples eyes away i guess .......way to go Mikey your better then me lol I'm glad we now have a steward with some BALLS:1036316054::1036316054::funky::nutkick:

Well here we go again.This gets so good remember Perry the Rat.....Well its true what comes around goes around Perry talk about everyone he bad mouth our steward Mike even after Mike got his job back after a DWI well Perry just could not keep that big mouth shut You think for a guy who got a DWI he would learn a lesson and not drink lol not Perry on Thursday night he books off but comes to the job at 1:00am and makes threats to one of the switcher and as he is doing all this guess what smile your on candid camera thats right all on tape now Perry the Rat is on the outside looking in. A complete circle of what comes around goes around lol now he ask our Steward Mike to please help i need my job i also heard that The Rat was crying like a baby for his job I just hope Mike remembers all the crap that Perry said about him there are alot of men on this job that hope he never gets his job back they say that The Rat is like a CANCER by PERRY LOL:hysterical::hysterical::funky::smilie_132:

Sorry 187 but Im still a little shook up!
Was in your barn from 120 last night.After fighting traffic all the way in I went up to the drivers room and after waiting over a half hour the honcho tells me I have to do my own moves (yes....switchers were on duty). OK....not happy but asked the foreman what he wanted me to do with the loads I brought in and he told me to just drop them out where they were and hook the pups he gave me.Now I tell him I need the jiff and he says just go around by the shop and grab one.OK...I can do that! Now I go out in the yard and drop the set,go over and back the tractor up to a jiff and a yard horse pulls up with a tall slim feller in it with more attitude than me (and thats allot!) and he starts in on me about using the jiff I came in with.Told him what I was told to do so now he calls the dispatcher on a cell and holds it up with a very weak speaker phone billowong some kind of redundant trash about U always use the jiff U came in with in 187. Did I mention RUDE!!! Told her what I was told to do by her superior and she started stamering again So I said screw this!!! Shut the tractor off ,left everything where it was and went up to confront the supervisor who told me what to do. Told him what happened and also told him that when they got thier s*** together and figure out exactly what they wanted me to do .....let me know and I will think about working again. He tells me that they have had a hard day in the yard and they just dont want to take the set I came in with apart. Says "now they can do all the moves" then tells me to just sit down and he will pay me all my time. If you have a bid switcher on duty why am I even being asked to make moves? I am extremely annoyed with alll the animosity that seemed to be directed at me. Dont put me in the midle of this and if you are on duty and letting them tell road drivers to do moves....SHAME on you!!!
Not real sure exactly what the case was but I have been around to long to be treated like that. Sorry if I offended any one in particular but you have to get a grip on this s***....If you dont want the switcher job anymore.....drop it and I will be happy to do my own moves but dont bust on me please!!!

Roadstar120,

You mentioned switcher(s) were on duty. Was it only the one switcher when you arrived or were there 2? Usually there is only one switcher on a Friday night at 187, and the reason they asked you to do the d & h is because his resposibility is to turn the house and pull the doors. If he had to stop for each roadman that came in during his shift, he would never get the house turned. He also doesn't stay the whole night because once the loads are done, the dock goes home and he and the supe are the last to leave the terminal. The rest of the week, it's a different story.

Thanks for the reply:
Got in there at 21.5 and watched 2 road drivers leave after being hooked by switcher. Do know that after the supervisor went out in the yard there were 2 switchers hooking the unit.I dont really care about doing the work.My beef is ...If he has to "turn the house".....Was it really necessary to take time from his busy schedule to bust my b's:nutkick:.
Like I said....Im not tottaly sure exactly what kind of a deal I walked in on but it was no reason to dump on a brother. I work with union personel....not for them,after telling him who told me to hook the jiff he should have left me alone and took it up with his superiors. I dont appreciate his actions. Sorry,but it was a long night and im still a little worked up.

I know exactly who you are reffering to and all I can say is he is a little strange.....at times. There's been times when my box was buried and he would make me wait 1/2 hour to move the boxes in my way, and I'd get hell from my supe about it. But like we have mentioned in this thread, that supe is now in Baltimore.

No worries.....just lost a little respect for an individual and always feel better when I vent a little.
The rest of the night was no better.The delay put me in all the construction traffic on the bridges and..well....you know how that is.But finished the night and seems I cant make it in tonight for my time start cause I wont have 12 hours off. Do know how to handle stress....lol
Have a great weekend.

Don't feel bad, he gets no respect from me either.
Why do you need 12 hours off? I thought the rest between shifts was 10 hours.