XPO | Building a slip seat box

chevyshack

TB Lurker
Credits
Im going to build myself a slip seat box. Can anyone give me some pointers on wiring ideas so i dont end up having to redue it because it didnt work. Im refuring to the power hook ups. Are all the trucks wired the same or do i need to have 2 different power supplies? Im not sure if the cb and stereo wired together will pop some fuses or if i'll get radio interferience.

I got the cb and radio on one power hook up, and no problems. What I did is got 2 bus bars 1 for grounds and 1 for hot.
Connect all ground wires to 1 bus bar, and all red "hot" wires to the second bus bar. Then get a length of 2 wire. You know 1 red 1 black Radio Shack has a 2 prong connector that fit in to the plugs on the trucks.
So all I got to do is 1 plug for everything.
It works great for me

Check out this thread that was started along time ago. Go to page 27 on con way thread and look up slip seat box thread.

Thanks. I'll check these out. I wanted to build my own box to cut down on the cost. I've only worked one day this week. I already have a stereo and speakers that are laying around. I just need the wood and I've obviously got the time.

one problem if you got a cb and an amfm i would wire them separately because it seems some tractors have a good ground in them some not and if its all wired together the cb will feed back thru the amfm some trucks it might work fine in others not so good

Thanks jackpot. Thats what i was worried about. I might just plug my cb in the lighter plug since it draws less power than the stereo.

Im going to build myself a slip seat box. Can anyone give me some pointers on wiring ideas so i dont end up having to redue it because it didnt work. Im refuring to the power hook ups. Are all the trucks wired the same or do i need to have 2 different power supplies? Im not sure if the cb and stereo wired together will pop some fuses or if i'll get radio interferience.
you need to check out loves truck stops near you they started having them for sale and there only 100 bucks got speakers and the hook ups for the cb and am/fm are there in the box already it even has room to put a 4 inch fan for cooling

they look pretty good:1036316054:

Here's one that I build.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Nice looking slip seat box!! :1036316054:
Only one minor problem and it's an audit exception and/or write up.
You need to keep cardboard or thick cloth between the bottom of your radio and seat. (Reduces wear and tear)
Seems like his box is already covered with cloth, no reason for another piece.

Okay clarification time.
Ask your TM's if you need to have a layer between the two and ask them if it is an audit exception and a potential write up.
Other than that, you guys are building nice looking slip seat boxes.

slip seat box

when you put it in make sure you put a seat cover down as to not ruin the seat.:1036316054:

How about some pics of boxes for the new trucks with out a pass. seat?

We have just been using a milk crate to put our boxes on. Bungee crate to floor and box to crate. It works good and is about the right height for most drivers. I saw one the other day that someone had mounted four 4x4 posts about 8" long to their box and put a square of plywood attached to the other end of the 4x4's. Looked like the box was on stilts with a plywood base. Not a bad idea but it looked plenty heavy. I'm glad this thread was started because I need to build me another box and am looking for ideas. Rough roads and vibration from shaking front ends has just about killed mine.

Slip Seat Radio Box Cart
[YT]<object width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ97LXQeQ4k&hl=en&fs=1&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ97LXQeQ4k&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;></embed></object>[/YT]

It's just a cart that most people could make.
Funny how he talks about not scratching the bottom of your radio box but he tosses his around.