XPO | cameras and disipline?

Yeah, that road is terrible. So, how much drive time did you use for little rock turn? Like i said, we can't do that turn. too slow ...fedex does it.

They told me I was taking a hot truck (70 mph), so I got my radio box and my bare necessity gear to get through the day and got up into the truck they told me to take, hooked up, got on 20 only to find that the truck they gave me out of DAL ran 65 just like mine! I made it back with 10 minutes to spare, 686 miles.

I was given this paper from another driver. If it is real or not I am not sure, but I don't have ant reason not to doubt it. What it don't show is how many points you have to get before they can you. I guess it is suppose to take effect the beginning of the year. What I think is funny is the people that come up with this crap have no idea how to drive a truck let alone what the inside looks like. On night time line-haul, the whole page happens. I don't think they want anyone working for them.

I was given this paper from another driver. If it is real or not I am not sure, but I don't have ant reason not to doubt it. What it don't show is how many points you have to get before they can you. I guess it is suppose to take effect the beginning of the year. What I think is funny is the people that come up with this crap have no idea how to drive a truck let alone what the inside looks like. On night time line-haul, the whole page happens. I don't think they want anyone working for them.

probably some new want to be trucker came up with that crap. Most of them are judgement calls. I am so glad I am getting out of here. iwanted to make 30 years. but now da hell with it. 29 is good enough

I was given this paper from another driver. If it is real or not I am not sure, but I don't have ant reason not to doubt it. I guess it is suppose to take effect the beginning of the year.

I've been here only 7 months but I clocked in late for lunch and got a half point lol. They give you 5 min past the 30 min, Well your not supposed to go over 5 minutes past the 30, put it that way..... but I guess I even went over the 5 minutes by a few lol during my first couple of months here.... Anyway i was told by someone that's been there 29 years and he said it's not anything to worry about until you hit 3 points, then it's a talkin to and after that things heat up. I don't really remember but because it's been about 5 months ago but seems like he said it's real bad at 6 points.

Sooo if your paper is right and the guy that talked to me is right then the 10 point violations are probably termination and possibly anything 6 points or more could be termination.

The points in the "poor awareness" section seem particularly high to me and in the way the first ones worded. "not looking far ahead" just doesn't sound like it's worded properly.. You said your not sure it's real. I've gotta feeling it's not as well. 5 points for being drowsy lol ?

I thought the cameras were passive? Only record just before or after an event? Good thing we won't see them!

I thought the cameras were passive? Only record just before or after an event? Good thing we won't see them!

I thought they recorded anytime the system is on, meaning anytime the keys on but only send in video segments when something triggers an event. But if they need to they can go back to yesterday at 5:45AM and see what you were doing when someone called in (while they were driving and sipping on a bud light) saying you were driving down the highway like a maniac and hit a squirrel.

The system is vNomics, the camera is DC-3P00-000-CT drivecam maybe someone can look in to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wikipedia says...... This is an electronic on board recording device, also described as an "EOBR", for monitoring the hours of service (HOS) of a professional drivers daily routine. Installed on a commercial vehicle for automatically recording the time a driver is moving or at rest.

Moving or at rest so anytime all the time

I highly doubt they want us to know they can look at us while we eat lunch, or anything else (on the fly) AT FIRST ANYWAY.

If you arent a suck up to management, better start now..lol. And I believe those hard drives can story maybe a week or more of video...Especially since most of our accidents occur at nights on linehaul..Im sure they want to see patterns, especially if you drive the same truck every night or look at you for like a week prior to an accident( god forbid you have one)..Technology is always used as a means of control..Everyone is into iphones and apps these days...Biggest electronic leashes ever..And I am sure there are apps out there that can turn your mic and camera on without your knowledge..

Blackberry did that a few months or years ago in Saudi Arabia using software updates with bugs in it to send all your msgs/pics to the govt.. Only reason they found out was that it crashed the server. I might sound like a conspiracy theorist but I am very leery of technology these days.

If you arent a suck up to management, better start now..lol. And I believe those hard drives can story maybe a week or more of video...Especially since most of our accidents occur at nights on linehaul..Im sure they want to see patterns, especially if you drive the same truck every night or look at you for like a week prior to an accident( god forbid you have one)..Technology is always used as a means of control..Everyone is into iphones and apps these days...Biggest electronic leashes ever..And I am sure there are apps out there that can turn your mic and camera on without your knowledge..

Blackberry did that a few months or years ago in Saudi Arabia using software updates with bugs in it to send all your msgs/pics to the govt.. Only reason they found out was that it crashed the server. I might sound like a conspiracy theorist but I am very leery of technology these days.

No, it's not a theory. First of all, cloud based memory / storage is dirt cheap these days, so no money issues there and they probably got a ton of memory free with the purchase of the system.

And your exactly right, with this system, according to their website, it can actually map out any or all of your driving errors or issues for them to see for a particular time period, say for example the previous 5 days leading up to an event.

Got us by the Ballz now boyz! Caught the tator. hahaha

I've been here only 7 months but I clocked in late for lunch and got a half point lol. They give you 5 min past the 30 min, Well your not supposed to go over 5 minutes past the 30, put it that way..... but I guess I even went over the 5 minutes by a few lol during my first couple of months here.... Anyway i was told by someone that's been there 29 years and he said it's not anything to worry about until you hit 3 points, then it's a talkin to and after that things heat up. I don't really remember but because it's been about 5 months ago but seems like he said it's real bad at 6 points.

Sooo if your paper is right and the guy that talked to me is right then the 10 point violations are probably termination and possibly anything 6 points or more could be termination.

The points in the "poor awareness" section seem particularly high to me and in the way the first ones worded. "not looking far ahead" just doesn't sound like it's worded properly.. You said your not sure it's real. I've gotta feeling it's not as well. 5 points for being drowsy lol ?
I wouldn't bet my job on it not being real it's like so many other changes.

If this is an actual document from within the company I would guess it was created at the local level. Once again the camera is an event recorder, an action or actions must trigger it to record a 12 second event. DriveCam analyzes the event and looks for cause. If "the whole page" occurs on a night line-haul run then that individual is an incident (accident) waiting to happen. Performance (safe driving) has been expected of all drivers and accountability only came from being reactive to the results of unsafe behavior e.g. crashes and violations. This technology allows the company to inspect performance and bring accountability to driver safety. Most events on that sheet are root cause to traffic accidents and fatalities every day. Avoidable events come from avoidable risks which come from an understanding of avoidable behaviors, Drivers achieve one, two, and three million safe miles. And drivers go twenty and twenty five years without incident. Most have accomplished these achievements by knowing how and why to avoid everything you called crap on that page.

Is drivecam being put into company cars?
If this is an actual document from within the company I would guess it was created at the local level. Once again the camera is an event recorder, an action or actions must trigger it to record a 12 second event. DriveCam analyzes the event and looks for cause. If "the whole page" occurs on a night line-haul run then that individual is an incident (accident) waiting to happen. Performance (safe driving) has been expected of all drivers and accountability only came from being reactive to the results of unsafe behavior e.g. crashes and violations. This technology allows the company to inspect performance and bring accountability to driver safety. Most events on that sheet are root cause to traffic accidents and fatalities every day. Avoidable events come from avoidable risks which come from an understanding of avoidable behaviors, Drivers achieve one, two, and three million safe miles. And drivers go twenty and twenty five years without incident. Most have accomplished these achievements by knowing how and why to avoid everything you called crap on that page.

Really, I don't think it is real. I was only being sarcastic.

This got me to thinking about something else..Say some driver falls asleep, is he going to be put on youtube for the world to see?Im sure most have seen that video of that cab driver falling asleep and running into that gas station and seeing his oh **** face..Some usually think its funny until the shoe is on thier foot..I'm interested to see the complete policy on this when the dust settles.

if drinking is a 3 pointer when do they put cup holding in the cabs? also operating electronic equipment.(one push buttons only) why do they put radios with knobs in the trucks. it is just corporate hassement

if drinking is a 3 pointer when do they put cup holding in the cabs? also operating electronic equipment.(one push buttons only) why do they put radios with knobs in the trucks. it is just corporate hassement
OK careful what you ask for I go back to the 80's our trucks had no A/C : No power steering; no cup holders; no radios; But the company treated the drivers like they were the heart an soul of the corporation; now many feel like a necessary byproduct of the process what ever flavor that is this month!!!

I think I will get one of those hard hats with the can holders so I can drink my soda/water hands free!

OK careful what you ask for I go back to the 80's our trucks had no A/C : No power steering; no cup holders; no radios; But the company treated the drivers like they were the heart an soul of the corporation; now many feel like a necessary byproduct of the process what ever flavor that is this month!!!

I would gladly drive a junk truck to be treated like I have heard things were in the "good" years.

I think I will get one of those hard hats with the can holders so I can drink my soda/water hands free!

During a recent meeting we had, one of the examples of discipline with cameras was if there was a wreck and they see that the driver was reaching for his lunch box or a drink that they could go back and see if there was a pattern of close calls when people drink and eat. The idea is they could then talk to others to teach them not to do these things to prevent future accidents.

We were also told that they caught a UPS truck hitting a conway truck on video. Said the UPS truck swirved over into the conway truck on the highway damaging the front of the conway truck and seeing that the UPS truck kept going, never even stopped.

They were also stressing about how no one was supposed to be smoking on company property including in the trucks. Sounded like it's just a matter of time before anyone smoking in the trucks will be no more. They spent a lot of time on the subject.

I'd say quite a few people will move on with the implementation of the camera systems rather than being made to quit all the things they do on a daily bases.