FedEx Freight | Can we be replaced during a strike?

Yep. While you do have a right to strike and cannot be fired for striking, you can be replaced. In addition, if you engage in an economic strike, you would generally become an "economic striker."

As an economic striker, your employer is legally allowed to hire a permanent replacement to fill your job. As/if you and/or the union call off the strike, you are not entitled to your job back until a vacancy occurs. Instead, you would be placed on a preferential rehire list and may return to work only when an opening occurs.

The Right to Strike | NLRB

"Economic strikers defined. If the object of a strike is to obtain from the employer some economic concession such as higher wages, shorter hours, or better working conditions, the striking employees are called economic strikers. They retain their status as employees and cannot be discharged, but they can be replaced by their employer. If the employer has hired bona fide permanent replacements who are filling the jobs of the economic strikers when the strikers apply unconditionally to go back to work, the strikers are not entitled to reinstatement at that time. However, if the strikers do not obtain regular and substantially equivalent employment, they are entitled to be recalled to jobs for which they are qualified when openings in such jobs occur if they, or their bargaining representative, have made an unconditional request for their reinstatement."
When there is a strike and an agreement is reached, the first thing put into the new contract is protection for the striking workers. Language bringing them back to their jobs with original seniority and putting the replacement ***** back out of work.

You pro union guys are on here everyday spewing your lies and half truths . I have been reading the posts and anytime someone does not fall in line with the union all you guys just try to wear them down with your insults and he must be a "redshirt or management ". Keep it up guys and show how greedy the "me crowd" is. Why is it that guys from other LTL are pushing for this? Could it be they need our dues to pay for that big retirement they were promised?
YRC-ATM. Go troll somewhere else. You not wanted here. IMHO

Wow, the irony in your name. The other LTL guys are pushing for this because they are or have been in the same boat as we are. It's common knowledge that union dues do not go towards the union retirement. As long as you are off topic I will say this. Check the FedEx annual report and you will see that our pension is currently under funded for the last few years. To me it looks like Central States is a non starter with FedEx questionable as our pension holder. Wipe that troll drool off your chin before someones slips and falls in it.

Beware of False, Fictional, Fear tactics!

FedEx is running scared, there can be no question. They'll try to scare with words like strike (their favorite), which is also their biggest fear, replace (there are not drivers qualified to replace us, in significant numbers), loss of benefits, nice trucks, etc. etc. All laughable if thought through, with just a bit of logic. Don’t forget stockholders have a significant say, as well.

Remember the company can lie, and the malicious posters have nothing to loose, personally. We, have everything to gain, on a personal level, and little, if anything to loose, by organizing, IMHO.

For anyone truly interested in learning some facts, click on, and read some links below:

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/110257-facts-they-told-you-get.html

http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/employeerightsposter11x17_final.pdf

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/110193-listen-anti-union-guys-please.html

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/110655-some-more-numbers.html

Is the Teamsters Union to Blame for YRC's Troubles?

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum...our-main-reason-vote-union-fedex-freight.html

UPS or FedEx: Which Company Is Best at Keeping Its Customers Loyal? (FDX, UPS)

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/1614upsfta1414ver3.pdf

Using Unions As Weapons - Reason.com

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/109801-3-options-mr-smith-5.html#post1449341

I'll try again... Huh? How is this "lies Fedex is putting out." >>The Right to Strike | NLRB

I am not sure if you are lower management* or middle** because you seem to waver on the intelligence scale depending on the post. Let me type it slower so you can understand it better.

Point 1:
How is this "lies Fedex is putting out." You work for and represent FedEx so you are using a scare tactic abut striking as an attempt to sway votes or support for the union. Like I posted in another thread you just copy and paste from anti-union web sites so perhaps you can't form your own ideas. Most likely you are at NHS but we will have to wait for an IP report to confirm that unless you want to man up and say.

Point 2:
Fact is that 98% of contracts are negotiated without a strike like I have posted before in one of your threads.

* Point 1 looks like lower management thinking where you can't think for yourself anymore
** Point 2 looks like middle management thinking where you are told to stop the vote however you can and not listen to the drivers concern.
Look at my user name. Read just below my user name and let that sink in.

You pro union guys are on here everyday spewing your lies and half truths . I have been reading the posts and anytime someone does not fall in line with the union all you guys just try to wear them down with your insults and he must be a "redshirt or management ". Keep it up guys and show how greedy the "me crowd" is. Why is it that guys from other LTL are pushing for this? Could it be they need our dues to pay for that big retirement they were promised?
YRC-ATM. Go troll somewhere else. You not wanted here. IMHO
I challenge you to show me proof of 1 cent of dues going into a pension fund. The dues we will pay go to doing the business of the union. Your DUES GOES TO THE LOCAL THAT REPRESENTS YOU. So they can conduct business. Yes the union is a business, much like a lawyer has a business to represent you in a legal matter. The pension fund you refer to is funded by the company and you can and will IMHO negotiate for a single employer pension fund (SEPF). Is that so hard to understand, for most people it's not but for you it seems as it is. You claim pro-union keeps posting lies, well go look in the mirror and see a liar.

I challenge you to show me proof of 1 cent of dues going into a pension fund. The dues we will pay go to doing the business of the union. Your DUES GOES TO THE LOCAL THAT REPRESENTS YOU. So they can conduct business. Yes the union is a business, much like a lawyer has a business to represent you in a legal matter. The pension fund you refer to is funded by the company and you can and will IMHO negotiate for a single employer pension fund (SEPF). Is that so hard to understand, for most people it's not but for you it seems as it is. You claim pro-union keeps posting lies, well go look in the mirror and see a liar.

You already have a single payer funded pension fund that FedEx pays for. You can try to negotiate for more money or loose it entirely. That is the truth....

You already have a single payer funded pension fund that FedEx pays for. You can try to negotiate for more money or loose it entirely. That is the truth....
You sir are absolutely right it could be lost, but for the life of me why would anyone vote to ratify a contract that doesn't have a pension as that is one of the main reasons the union is now in play and why the drivers of FedEx have gone to the trouble of starting a organizing effort. I just don't believe some of the efforts that pro-company people are trying to use, but then I shouldn't be.

Why would the Teamster vote or the employees vote for a pay cut at other LTL's then??? That makes no sense at all right??

Why would the Teamster vote or the employees vote for a pay cut at other LTL's then??? That makes no sense at all right??
Talk to yrcw drivers, while they didn't want to take a pay cut because of bad management and enormous debt they did so the company could stay open and saved jobs. Fedex isn't in debt so I'm not worried about that. But then that's what's always brought up, as I posted earlier tho I'm ready to sign up because it dang sure ain't going to be any worse than what it is now, and the up side is way up.

FedEx just stared making a profit check your facts.. You always blame company for debt of YRC never the worker.. That's always your answer.. I am sure FedEx wants to put itself out of business to screw you.. How profitable is UPS Freight ?? Not the corporation.. You think if we stay unprofitable Fred will keep us around?? All 8 % of Freight??

FedEx just stared making a profit check your facts.. You always blame company for debt of YRC never the worker.. That's always your answer.. I am sure FedEx wants to put itself out of business to screw you.. How profitable is UPS Freight ?? Not the corporation.. You think if we stay unprofitable Fred will keep us around?? All 8 % of Freight??
Best check your facts on YRC's debt. Use real facts and not what is force fed to you at the next union buster class.

Thanks .. Don't want the company I work for to end up like yours.. I see the Teamster fixed everything for you.. Take pay cuts.. Company stays afloat and Teamster get those dues
A few more paycuts and we will be on an even playing field with you.