Central Transport | Canada based TransForc (TSX) buys 1,763,478 shares(10.75%) outstanding shares 1/24/13

Popswasnatlman

TB Lurker
Credits
Montreal Canada based TransForce Inc. a large transportation conglomerate purchased 10.75% of total outstanding shares of VTNC stock under its TFI Holdings subsidiary today, 1/24/2013.

What The Truck Rick? Hostile takeover to ensue?

I've been watching this since Transforce bought a million shares at the end of last year.This is going to be a very interesting development.This tells me that our company still has significant value in the market place and we could have a new boss in the future.

this maybe like the movie wallstreet when gordon gecko bought that airline. lmfao. well prob be renamed and all have to fill out apps and go back to base pay...which is where most of us are at.

I've been watching this since Transforce bought a million shares at the end of last year.This is going to be a very interesting development.This tells me that our company still has significant value in the market place and we could have a new boss in the future.

No! It says that Vijaxoff is going to be the next Hostess. Past time for you Ostriches going to wise up?

No! It says that Vijaxoff is going to be the next Hostess. Past time for you Ostriches going to wise up?
Some people prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand. As for me I prefer to see it coming. The writing is on the wall but at this point in the game I don't give a sh!!.......This job is to easy to walk away from until I have to...Easy money.

This really does not mean a lot. 10% is well only 10%. The most alarming news to me is another loss of someone in sales, this time a VP of National Accounts. If you look back in 2012 all of the terminations in management came in operations, TM's VP's, etc.. CK and RG, did not mess with the sales department because they knew the revenue those folks kept on the truck line was important. Now as we turn into 2013, the sales folks are departing on their own, choosing to go to "greener pastures". I hope that CK and RG have a plan to hold on to that revenue, at least the good "profitable" revenue.

This really does not mean a lot. 10% is well only 10%. The most alarming news to me is another loss of someone in sales, this time a VP of National Accounts. If you look back in 2012 all of the terminations in management came in operations, TM's VP's, etc.. CK and RG, did not mess with the sales department because they knew the revenue those folks kept on the truck line was important. Now as we turn into 2013, the sales folks are departing on their own, choosing to go to "greener pastures". I hope that CK and RG have a plan to hold on to that revenue, at least the good "profitable" revenue.
Thats because they were being told to step it up...and get off their azzs and golf courses and bring in more revenue. These guys didn't get where they are at by coddling the staff. This company is not going anywhere...They are just taking out the trash. Kicking azz and taking names....The gravy is over.

Some people prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand. As for me I prefer to see it coming. The writing is on the wall but at this point in the game I don't give a sh!!.......This job is to easy to walk away from until I have to...Easy money.

What happened to that positive attitude Train ? How many crowns did you put down last night, before the ole lady snatched your bottle?

having a leverage buyout would not be all that bad, really! if they buy enough stock to control the votes, then they earn a seat at the big boy's table and can help make decisions, since if they have that kind of money laying around, someone there has some fiscal smarts. me for one, i am still puzzled why so many of our board of directors still do not own stock in Vitran, kinda makes you think they have nothing to lose with decisions.

Thats because they were being told to step it up...and get off their azzs and golf courses and bring in more revenue. These guys didn't get where they are at by coddling the staff. This company is not going anywhere...They are just taking out the trash. Kicking azz and taking names....The gravy is over.

You could not be more wrong, the trash still remains. The trash is too lazy to look for another job, the trash is so bad, they could not find another job. All the terminal managers , regional ops managers and sales folks that have quit the past 3 months were all top producers. They left because they could find better jobs at comparable pay if not better pay. The bottom 40% of sales folks at Vitran produce about 10% of the company revenue, that is a recipe for disaster.

You could not be more wrong, the trash still remains. The trash is too lazy to look for another job, the trash is so bad, they could not find another job. All the terminal managers , regional ops managers and sales folks that have quit the past 3 months were all top producers. They left because they could find better jobs at comparable pay if not better pay. The bottom 40% of sales folks at Vitran produce about 10% of the company revenue, that is a recipe for disaster.
Let me rephrase...Familiarity breeds contempt....They can and will be replaced....If they don't want to be here, then please just go...Many most likely just maintained their accts and did very little to bring on new business...We don't know how it all went down and i don't give a sh!!....Trash remains and it will be taken out in time.. Sometimes things happen for a reason. But we need to get on one side of the fence or the other...Stand for something...We can't play both ends from the middle....I joke around alot on here and sometimes play into the drama. But at the end of the day I'm glad I work here and have faith that things will get better. Familiarity breeds contempt. Sometimes change is good for us all, it keeps us on our toes. The people that choose to leave may learn that sometimes when you get to the so called greener grass you realize it wasn't as green as it looked. And you were better off where you were. Even the elite companies have their share of pitfalls.

Last edited by a moderator: