Central Transport | Canada based TransForc (TSX) buys 1,763,478 shares(10.75%) outstanding shares 1/24/13

RT, exactly. I state my mind from one side or the other, and sometimes is rubs a few the wrong way, but hey, at least you know where I stand

RT, exactly. I state my mind from one side or the other, and sometimes is rubs a few the wrong way, but hey, at least you know where I stand
It's like Washington DC and the Holy Lands forum in a way....The Repubicans and Democrats.....Everyone wants to play both ends from the middle. Always blaming everyone else for the very thing they do themselves.... Hypocrisy to the core in Politics and American business. Everyone always wants it both ways. I say get on one side or the other and stand for something. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
RT, like the new avatar,,,,,,,, cool
Thanks Bro.....Thats one thing about you....You call it like you see it.....What you see is what you get. You don't straddle the fence. Let me be clear here, I'm not calling anyone out or trying to imply anything...I'm just saying.

would not ask for any more or less. wimps (political candidates) won't chose a side,,,,, that's what annoys me anymore

we can all agree to disagree, that is what AMERICA is all about

It's like Washington DC and the Holy Lands forum in a way....The Repubicans and Democrats.....Everyone wants to play both ends from the middle. Always blaming everyone else for the very thing they do themselves.... Hypocrisy to the core in Politics and American business. Everyone always wants it both ways. I say get on one side or the other and stand for something. You can't have it both ways.

Agree with Not_Wanted, love the avatar bro-hammer. Thing is bro, you be stuck on the tracks as in stuck in the middle. The thing you be telling us to do, you cannot do unless you jump the tracks and go into the weeds LOL.

About a week and a half before TSX announced that it had finished purchasing the previously mentioned stocks in Vitran it announce that it bought 100% of the shares in Velocity Express. VE has many terminals in US and Canada (check out the VE terminal map on it's website). TSX has a website. It would be worth ones time to go there and read how they decided to buy companies and what they do with them. Both the VE and Vitran stock purchases are posted on the site.

This information will be great for stoking the fire of speculation but who knows what it means.

TSX does not buy stock in companies that it thinks will do poorly.

About a week and a half before TSX announced that it had finished purchasing the previously mentioned stocks in Vitran it announce that it bought 100% of the shares in Velocity Express. VE has many terminals in US and Canada (check out the VE terminal map on it's website). TSX has a website. It would be worth ones time to go there and read how they decided to buy companies and what they do with them. Both the VE and Vitran stock purchases are posted on the site.

This information will be great for stoking the fire of speculation but who knows what it means.

TSX doesn't...This company will turn itself around when the economy picks up and thrive...Banks don't lend money to companies on the brink of collapse...Lets drive the trucks and let upper level management do their job. No one listens to me and I have no reason to think things will change. But I'm telling you once again this company will be around a long time. Chris Keylon is doing the job the past presidents have not, integrate these companies with technology. The only smart move our CEO has done in years was to hire Chris Keylon. And he is directly responsible for the shake up in sales....If they can't bring in new business they will be shown the door...Sales is feeling the heat like never before...And most can't handle it so they are choosing to leave. I wish them well.

Let's be realistic though. Pay and benefits will not be to industry standard for many years-if ever. It will be a long hard road for everyone except those at the top.

Let's be realistic though. Pay and benefits will not be to industry standard for many years-if ever. It will be a long hard road for everyone except those at the top.
I agree and that is one reason why this company will make a strong come back....But as we start to make money I choose to believe they will do the right thing.

good reading there. it will be interesting in the near future. i am just surprised velocity sold out, i always thought they had their act together, but, on the other hand, offer enough and anyone will sell and retire these days too.

velocity does have a significant market penetration into us mail and pharmaceuticals where we do not, do not want the furniture, i do to many one person residential deliveries without a lift gate. a merger would add more texas and east coast terminals that we need.

good reading there. it will be interesting in the near future. i am just surprised velocity sold out, i always thought they had their act together, but, on the other hand, offer enough and anyone will sell and retire these days too.

velocity does have a significant market penetration into us mail and pharmaceuticals where we do not, do not want the furniture, i do to many one person residential deliveries without a lift gate. a merger would add more texas and east coast terminals that we need.
Like I have always said...It's not over until it's over.

another thought just popped in....

could it be CK's ideas of making things better are not being done 100% and as fast as we need them due to interference from upper old folks (who don't even own Vitran stock)?

so instead of shopping for a new job and admitting defeat, he is shopping for a new boss?

gives you something to think about

another thought just popped in....

could it be CK's ideas of making things better are not being done 100% and as fast as we need them due to interference from upper old folks (who don't even own Vitran stock)?

so instead of shopping for a new job and admitting defeat, he is shopping for a new boss?

gives you something to think about
Conspiracy of silence...Perhaps.

in my area i make more than hourly than usf holland, fed ex, dayton, dohrn, nm transfer. conway is higher but no overtime, what i want better benefits

The only "right" thing is to make money for stock holders. Vitran's wet dream is to replace you all with drivers who will take half the pay. The only time you will get a raise is when there are so many leaving they have to pay more to get new drivers OR when drivers will not leave but will not perform because morale is too low.

Top notch companies like OD pay what they do to retain a stable top notch employee pool...not because it is right. As an employee you are less worthy of an investment than technology, ipads and trailers. As a human you can leave, but Vitran holds a title to the equipment and knows it has to stay.

in my area i make more than hourly than usf holland, fed ex, dayton, dohrn, nm transfer.

yeah-right.gif

you are not making a good impression to me.....

low wages of others, and union give backs, yes vitran makes more than others hourly right now at my place. dayton said 14.95, usf said 17.72, dohrn and nm were miles plus stops, most make 30 to 40, but some make 75 if they do 20 stops and 500 miles a day, but that takes years of seniority to bid on them runs.