ODFL | cancer has hit HOME

Been quite buys the last couple of weeks,she has been some handful. Still in hospital, was suppose to start cemo today, insurance postponed therapy needs to go to another hospital.... what a runaround
I hope things get moving now game,I hate to say this but Your'e going to learn more about insurance than you ever wanted to know, keep benefits dep't on your speed dial KEEP THE FAITH.All the best Dean:smilie_132:

Been quite buys the last couple of weeks,she has been some handful. Still in hospital, was suppose to start cemo today, insurance postponed therapy needs to go to another hospital.... what a runaround
Hey Game, hope all is going well for your wife and yourself. My Mother fought cancer for almost 30 years. Half of her life was with the disease. Keep a positive attitude and be there for your wife, whether the company likes it or not. Some things are just more important than others. You are in my prayers! Shoe.

Well, I did what I thought I would not do. Ran myself ragged, got to stay away from hospital for the next few days. Only glad it hit on the weekend, will try to make work tomorrow.

Well finally got the ok to return to work after being down 5 days.
My wife will be moved out of one hospital and put into a special rehab/cancer.

As somebody said earlier you have to keep upper management and corporate insurance people on your side. The insurance company (you know who we have) mislead her to save ins. co. money. Tried to tell ALL that were working on her to call if they could (even put my phone#) with what is going on. No, they just tried to work with my wife and since I was not there tried to pull the wool over her eyes.
Thanks to the OD team we have things are back on track

KEEPING PROMISES, YOU CAN STAND ON IT................Go OD !!!!

Well finally got the ok to return to work after being down 5 days.
My wife will be moved out of one hospital and put into a special rehab/cancer.

As somebody said earlier you have to keep upper management and corporate insurance people on your side. The insurance company (you know who we have) mislead her to save ins. co. money. Tried to tell ALL that were working on her to call if they could (even put my phone#) with what is going on. No, they just tried to work with my wife and since I was not there tried to pull the wool over her eyes.
Thanks to the OD team we have things are back on track

KEEPING PROMISES, YOU CAN STAND ON IT................Go OD !!!!

Good deal.The right people are there to help,you just have to find them.Get some rest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game,JB's right get some rest,you being hospitalized for exhaustion wont help anyone,We're ALL pulling for your family.DD

Are you ready for this; got 1st doctor bill today $30,000.00(plus some). This is only the doctor bill. Can't wait for some more please. Did not know this doctor was NOT in the network. How many more are going to show up as NOT in network. As far as I'm concerned, hope they acceot what the plan pays or its going to be wait in line your share is comming. Not to be bent at all just don't know how to float at this time, treading water....................

Are you ready for this; got 1st doctor bill today $30,000.00(plus some). This is only the doctor bill. Can't wait for some more please. Did not know this doctor was NOT in the network. How many more are going to show up as NOT in network. As far as I'm concerned, hope they acceot what the plan pays or its going to be wait in line your share is comming. Not to be bent at all just don't know how to float at this time, treading water....................

Don't let the bills kick your butt.In today's economy few can pay so let that work out down the road.

I am not going to let this blog stop nor allow it to move beyond the first 10.. There are many different types of CANCER, some go into remission faster than others. Did you know that the years were wasted, because STEM CELL RESEARCH was cancelled. This is why people with MONEY go out of this country, were research continued.
We mush let all eyes read the hurt in my face.
Keep PRAYING the HEALING will come

I am watching the views to this blog daily. Please just don`t stop and look, say(write) something. She still asks if people are asking about her. She is so fragile and it is getting harder to get that smile that I know about.
SO SAY, A BIG HELLO..

Not much to report about today. We have just been doing alot of reading about the drug (can not remember the name right now). There are about 5 different kinds of chemo meds.. She has to get the one for multi mylenoma (spelling may be wrong). The first is to be slated for 5/26, takes about 2-3hrs.Than 2 days later second.
For ALL that have been here for us, THANKYOU, you will not be forgotten.
For ALL that have not joined in on this blog, yet tend to stand on the outside and look in, its ok for GOD knows your thoughts even before you think them. If you are looking for answers here its ok also. For those that have helped my wife and I, will also be around to help you also. For in numbers are many yet some are few.

My heart goes out to you both. Its a very hard illness to get through. You will both get through it though. Say a big hello for me. I don't work at OD but I still have to post.

Is the word you are trying to spell multiple myeloma?

If you are doing research look at the Cleveland Clinic website. There's some good reliable info there. If you know a pharmacist they can be of great help explaining about drugs. Ask a lot of questions from the Chemo staff, they are not only very compassionate but very knowledgeable.

Hang in there...

Checking in everyday game I hope you and your wife have a restful holiday.
I'll be sending you a P/M.

Thanks for the reply,the site you sent me to has let me understand myeloma in laymens terms.
Please keep PRAYING for her.

First day of chemo, 2hrs. She seemed to feel ok, to me she seemed restless.
Looked at the rest of the appointments that she will have comming up.
She is supposedly getting released from rehab this friday@11a., then has appointment for chemo @1p..
She also thinks that she is going to drive herself to chemo when I can not take her. What do you all think of that?