ODFL | cancer has hit HOME

from what my mom says about her chemo and radiation, I would not recommend it. My mom is totally exhausted when she gets done with her treatments. She says that she gets home, eats something light and sleeps for most of the rest of the day.

It really depends on how she feels. The first treatment is usually not that bad. It gets worse (symptoms) with every dose. I would see how she feels. I know my friend after the 3rd treatment was in no way able to drive. I would think she would be better off having someone take her just in case.

Prayers are still with you.

First day of chemo, 2hrs. She seemed to feel ok, to me she seemed restless.
Looked at the rest of the appointments that she will have comming up.
She is supposedly getting released from rehab this friday@11a., then has appointment for chemo @1p..
She also thinks that she is going to drive herself to chemo when I can not take her. What do you all think of that?

SHe may think she feels OK to drive herself there but how does she think she is getting home? Does she have a relative or friend to go with her? If I were closer I would go and take along some trashy romance novels and some National Enquirers and keep her company...
What does the Chemo Staff and doctors say? IMO I would say NO...........

My aunt underwent Chemotherapy sessions and she was advised not to drive.
You don't want your wife to be putting her life on the line as well as others, if something should happen.
Some hospitals will offer a service to drive the patient home if they have no one available.

I found a link for you to read.
As always, consult with your wife's doctor(s).

Can I Drive Home After Chemotherapy?

First day of chemo, 2hrs. She seemed to feel ok, to me she seemed restless.
Looked at the rest of the appointments that she will have comming up.
She is supposedly getting released from rehab this friday@11a., then has appointment for chemo @1p..
She also thinks that she is going to drive herself to chemo when I can not take her. What do you all think of that?
Check with the hospital staff. When my Mom had chemo, they had a service at the hospital to pick her up and bring her home. Also ask about nausea medication. I know my Mom had a hard time eating because she was sick to her stomach. We are all rooting for you guys. God Bless!

Was just handed a packet today from TM, not sure what was inside but it did sound of cha-ching. Will open with the Mrs on saturday.
I`ll let you know then also.
I`m sure there has to be alot of thankyous given out,will not name terminals, do know this was set up by a very special person (don`t know if I can identify this person by name or not). He deserves a HONORABLE mention.
Still Praying everyday for my Wife........

Well tomorrow she comes home,maybe. She has to get release from doctor. Than she has to go for chemo treatment. We`ll just have to see how tomorrow pans out.

She is home, seems weak of course. Not to much she can do, has walker to move around. Felt GREAT just to have her home. Went to drug store for meds, 180.00 after insurance payment. Long road to hoe yet. Stay tuned will advise with progress.,,,,,,,,,,,,

Glad to here she is home. If the Rx cost become a problem even with ins. Call the manufacturer of the drugs directly. Almost all of them will give them for free if there's no money available and there is a hardship. I'll keep praying.

Yep. Waiting for an update. Probably super busy taking care of her. I know how time consuming it can be. Hope all is ok.

You all have hit the nail on the head. Very busy with CHEMO, Running for meds, changing of meds etc etc,. Have been wanting to get to this computer to write all that are asking even, JIMBOB. Time is still very busy. I still am PRAYING that great things will happen.
Agian sorry did not write in a while.

Glad to hear anything from you at this point. Prayers are still and always with you and yours. I'm praying for the best and know that the best will happen. How is the chemo going?

Please ask the doctor or pharmacy if there are any pharmacies in your area that deliver. I was surprised to find one near me that would deliver Mom's meds. One less thing for me to do so it will be one less thing for you to do. Don't forget to get support for you also. Sometimes the caregivers are hit the worst. You need to take care of yourself. We forget to do that....... :o)

Glad to see that you are following the progress, the white blood cell count is going down. This week it was an off week from chemo, but we still had to go to hospital to see doctor,give blood,etc..
She has multiple myeloma (no cure only remission)
Have made contact with lukemia/lymphoma society to find grants/help with bills that will be comming that insurance does not cover.
I will try weekly to give all of you updates, agian thanks for your thoughts and PRAYERS.
"A DRIVER FROM LIS"

Glad to see that you are following the progress, the white blood cell count is going down. This week it was an off week from chemo, but we still had to go to hospital to see doctor,give blood,etc..
She has multiple myeloma (no cure only remission)
Have made contact with lukemia/lymphoma society to find grants/help with bills that will be comming that insurance does not cover.
I will try weekly to give all of you updates, agian thanks for your thoughts and PRAYERS.
"A DRIVER FROM LIS"

Go to the myeloma site I sent you before and they have all the help information. In case you didn't save it:
Funding treatments faster. Finding a cure.