XPO | Cant get our 3% 401K match back, but..............

monkeywrench

TB Lurker
Credits
The management and sales staff in the Detroit region all took a 2 day trip up to Traverse city Michigan for a conference meeting. Along with golf and fishing trips. Why couldn't this meeting have taken place at the palace headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI and saved a ton of money?
Also have any of you taken a recent look at CNW stocks and the insider trading from our ceo's of the company? These guys get these enormous stock options with the company and make millions and millions every quarter to line their pockets. Very easy to check online, it'll make you sick.
All the while they wont give our 401k match back and are cutting our overtime.

The management and sales staff in the Detroit region all took a 2 day trip up to Traverse city Michigan for a conference meeting. Along with golf and fishing trips. Why couldn't this meeting have taken place at the palace headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI and saved a ton of money?
Also have any of you taken a recent look at CNW stocks and the insider trading from our ceo's of the company? These guys get these enormous stock options with the company and make millions and millions every quarter to line their pockets. Very easy to check online, it'll make you sick.
And Stotlar wonders why they have empty tractor seats to fill ?????

:usa::usa2::6788:
Welcome to corporate America!:6788::lmao::poke::growup::usa::usa2:

Or want a contract:poke:
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some people who face reality, and then there are those who turn one into the other. Face reality as it is, not as you wish it to be. When was the last time the Teamsters organized a major LTL company? It was UPS. And that was because of the pension leverage. Don't ever see that happening again. Let's just start with the reality that corporations cannot guarantee anyone a lifetime job any more than corporations have a guarantee of immortality.

When was the last time the Teamsters organized a major LTL company? It was UPS. And that was because of the pension leverage. Don't ever see that happening again.
That may well be true and it would be nothing for the working men and women to be happy about. The unions set the standard for their respective industries and without that standard substandard becomes the new standard. One can't deny that when the Teamsters lowered the standard for YRC workers everyone else's followed suit. It was a sad day for all of us and I am very happy to be getting out while the getting's good. As for the rest of you I feel your pain, I pity you for your future and I hope for better in the future.

That may well be true and it would be nothing for the working men and women to be happy about. The unions set the standard for their respective industries and without that standard substandard becomes the new standard. One can't deny that when the Teamsters lowered the standard for YRC workers everyone else's followed suit. It was a sad day for all of us and I am very happy to be getting out while the getting's good. As for the rest of you I feel your pain, I pity you for your future and I hope for better in the future.
I understand that and the example you use with YRC is a prime example of why the Teamsters failed you guys. As a 60 year old man I took control of my future with my IRA. I'm going at 62 debt free. Leverage has always been the key. That has been lost with the Teamsters. That is just reality.

Leverage has always been the key. That has been lost with the Teamsters. That is just reality.
I agree and if that leverage is never regained the prosperity that came with those jobs will never be regained either. I know that there is not much I can do at this point but I will do what I can. Those who want to continue in those careers, however, can make a difference if they want to. But they have to want to and enough of them have to want to. What really baffles me is when I come across a driver in the freight industry who thinks that the unions cause the drivers to be paid more than they are worth. Why would one not want better for themselves and their comrades? In the 1950's and 1960' when unions were in their hey-day America whirred like a top and everyone did well. It is sad to see those days of American prosperity in the rear view mirror and not out out on the horizon ahead of us as well.

I agree and if that leverage is never regained the prosperity that came with those jobs will never be regained either. I know that there is not much I can do at this point but I will do what I can. Those who want to continue in those careers, however, can make a difference if they want to. But they have to want to and enough of them have to want to. What really baffles me is when I come across a driver in the freight industry who thinks that the unions cause the drivers to be paid more than they are worth. Why would one not want better for themselves and their comrades? In the 1950's and 1960' when unions were in their hey-day America whirred like a top and everyone did well. It is sad to see those days of American prosperity in the rear view mirror and not out out on the horizon ahead of us as well.
I agree. Perhaps the evolution of America is to blame. But the Teamsters are not unaccountable for much of their demise. They sold out IMO .... And the members bought into what they were selling in the YRC and ABF cases. The members voted. And the rest is history.

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some people who face reality, and then there are those who turn one into the other. Face reality as it is, not as you wish it to be. When was the last time the Teamsters organized a major LTL company? It was UPS. And that was because of the pension leverage. Don't ever see that happening again. Let's just start with the reality that corporations cannot guarantee anyone a lifetime job any more than corporations have a guarantee of immortality.
And some that take the ::shit:: sandwich given them say thank you massa and go eat it on the high road.

Or want a contract:poke:

Because the union CEO's and sales staff don't do the same stuff ? Your little contract can't do anything about them getting their millions while leaving you with 85% and 25% of an unfunded pension. Do you believe your ignorance ? Or do think we do ? What is your audience ? Is it just for attention ? No one in the real world to talk to so you stir up ::shit:: on here ?

Getting out won't save you. You'll be another one looking to rehire after you realize what has happened to your retirement and the state of health care in this country. Good luck.

I agree. Perhaps the evolution of America is to blame. But the Teamsters are not unaccountable for much of their demise. They sold out IMO .... And the members bought into what they were selling in the YRC and ABF cases. The members voted. And the rest is history.

Exactly. The union membership chose this. They voted for this. The working man takes a massive cut to his compensation to ensure the bonuses of the corporate desk jockeys.

Because the union CEO's and sales staff don't do the same stuff ? Your little contract can't do anything about them getting their millions while leaving you with 85% and 25% of an unfunded pension. Do you believe your ignorance ? Or do think we do ? What is your audience ? Is it just for attention ? No one in the real world to talk to so you stir up :::shit::: on here ?
My pension is funded just fine,how about yours? Oh that's right you have a 401k. Bet your CEO has a company funded pension, guess you didn't make the list.