Yellow | Cartage/owner operators coming to 896

Just a question.....is the company honoring all the past pratices? Or did they get selective with the merge?

There is not one thing in what the Original Poster wrote to indicate that subcontracting was an issue before yesterday – and certainly not on the scale that he described last night. The issue of Past Practice is nothing more than a red-herring in this case.

I'm looking for how we came to use them in the first place, at some point in time there must have been a deal made, where the union allowed cartage and the company gave up something? Or at least I would think.

Surely we have pups and straight trucks on west coast to use for pedals?

Yes I do and I will try not to bore everyone . It all started a long long time ago when local drivers would bring back all the residential deliverers and all the piece work deliverers and Hi-Rise deliverers . The companies started using local cartage companies for these deliveries and no one complained because they hated them . We as line drivers use to have to pick up trailer and delivery them to the cartage companies . We ( local 63 line drivers ) filed on this but the decision was that we ( line drivers ) had no claim and only the " local " drivers could file on this . Well to make a very long story short the didn't file on this practice until it started getting slow and then it had been going on so long that " past practice " was used .

To add to this this is the " short " version there's a lot more involved but I know it would only bore certain users .

I thought I had already answered you ?

I'm looking for how we came to use them in the first place, at some point in time there must have been a deal made, where the union allowed cartage and the company gave up something? Or at least I would think.

It's only allowed where people don't have the will and the knowledge to keep it out.

You have access to the NMFA – it's real and verifiable. Agreements alleged to allow subcontracting should be considered as myth until proven otherwise – let's start putting an end to the wives-tales.

It's only allowed where people don't have the will and the knowledge to keep it out.

You have access to the NMFA – it's real and verifiable. Agreements alleged to allow subcontracting should be considered as myth until proven otherwise – let's start putting an end to the wives-tales.

You aren't even a Teamsters so how would you know how things are done . I will take my time and give you a little lesson so please read and learn . Yes you have the NMFA BUT what you don't seem to understand there's also the supplements to the NMFA and that's where you get confused . Now you also have what we like to call the " BLACK BOOK DECISIONS " which supersede EVERYTHING !! Just like the Government where you have federal laws example 80,000 lbs gross weight for a tractor trailer you can then have state laws 90,000 on state roads and then you can have local laws no more than 36,000 on city roads . One supersedes the other and that's the same way with the Teamsters !! You have your NMFA which can be superseded by the conference contract which can be superseded by local black book decisions .

Your local can stop this in a heartbeat if they chose to do so. The best contract ever says that inter-line is only an emergency type situation when your board is exausted and the freight being picked up has to be delivered the same day for if it isn't it defeats the purpose of doing it and could and would keep members from working the next day. Which is 99% of the reason for doing so, to leave people home.
Its not to be used on a repeated basis to avoid from hiring new people also. If they can't find someone to work its because they don't want to.
We fought this tooth and nail plus they were using them to do pickups in addition to deliveries while guys sat home(before merger). Pos local was just about useless with this. Would show the language in article 32 and you'd think it was in pig latin. The cartage guys here spent so much time on the dock I'd ask to see their book. Why should we pay dues and the onion lets them get away scott free.

Your local can stop this in a heartbeat if they chose to do so. The best contract ever says that inter-line is only an emergency type situation when your board is exausted and the freight being picked up has to be delivered the same day for if it isn't it defeats the purpose of doing it and could and would keep members from working the next day. Which is 99% of the reason for doing so, to leave people home.
Its not to be used on a repeated basis to avoid from hiring new people also. If they can't find someone to work its because they don't want to.
We fought this tooth and nail plus they were using them to do pickups in addition to deliveries while guys sat home(before merger). Pos local was just about useless with this. Would show the language in article 32 and you'd think it was in pig latin. The cartage guys here spent so much time on the dock I'd ask to see their book. Why should we pay dues and the onion lets them get away scott free.

What does the carrot and pickle think?? ha ha ha sorry turboj i couldn't let that one get by.
What is it that you guys can't understand. R-14 explained to you, He is a retired local 63 member that saw this first hand. We have DECISIONS in the west that supersede what the language reads !! period !! They have used cartage here in SO-CAL for years, in lay off and for supplementals.

What does the carrot and pickle think?? ha ha ha sorry turboj i couldn't let that one get by.
What is it that you guys can't understand. R-14 explained to you, He is a retired local 63 member that saw this first hand. We have DECISIONS in the west that supersede what the language reads !! period !! They have used cartage here in SO-CAL for years, in lay off and for supplementals.

What I don't understand is why you don't post those documents. Just kidding – couldn't resist that one –anyone with any common sense knows why you haven't posted those awesome all-powerful documents.

What I don't understand is why you don't post those documents. Just kidding – couldn't resist that one –anyone with any common sense knows why you haven't posted those awesome all-powerful documents.

Maybe because i am waiting for my BA to produce them ?? and driverx i see you don't post what local union you belong to ? is there a reason for that? Are you on the west coast?

Maybe because i am waiting for my BA to produce them ?? and driverx i see you don't post what local union you belong to ? is there a reason for that? Are you on the west coast?

My Local, nor my location are relevant to the topic. This isn't about you, or me, or what another poster in this forum wears to work every day.

Obviously your not on the west coast, because when i mentioned local 63 you didn't even give that a second thought. Local 63 is the largest and most powerful freight local in SO-CAL so when i said that those 63 members are enduring cartage everyday i wasn't kidding. The western area freight director is out of that local and the Joint council 42 president is secretary treasurer of that that local. So do you really think that if there was a violation in the contract those guys would just sit back and take it. I don't think so...
SO your not even a Teamster !! Give up your local number! and you know what it's about? it's about knowing what the hell your talking about. You have no clue what goes on in the West but you want to chime in like you know everything .. You a waste of my time ..

He's NOT a Teamsters Roaddogg and he has proving that with his pompous post about stuff he knows nothing about .

Obviously your not on the west coast, because when i mentioned local 63 you didn't even give that a second thought. Local 63 is the largest and most powerful freight local in SO-CAL so when i said that those 63 members are enduring cartage everyday i wasn't kidding. The western area freight director is out of that local and the Joint council 42 president is secretary treasurer of that that local. So do you really think that if there was a violation in the contract those guys would just sit back and take it. I don't think so...
SO your not even a Teamster !! Give up your local number! and you know what it's about? it's about knowing what the hell your talking about. You have no clue what goes on in the West but you want to chime in like you know everything .. You a waste of my time ..

He's NOT a Teamsters Roaddogg and he has proving that with his pompous post about stuff he knows nothing about .

Yes I am a Teamster.

If you would really like to discredit me and put me in my place simply post the documents that you claim exist. Enough of the fool's games.

I agree R-14 this guys knows nothing about nothing .. lol he's just an agitator trying to start arguments.. a waste of both of our time..