FedEx Freight | CB Radios

Back in the day every radio used either a Connex or Ranger board regardless of brand and the sound quality and clarity were excellent!! Today’s radios just aren’t what they used to be...

My radio didn't use a board, mine had a mic and antenna, I could talk across I-95 if the median wasn't too wide.

My radio didn't use a board, mine had a mic and antenna, I could talk across I-95 if the median wasn't too wide.

FxiXVlS.jpg

Yep, unfortunately I see this everyday as well...company trucks drag racing cause one is slightly faster than the other for whatever reason and neither will give an inch...block the highway for 10 miles just to make a pass and then blame it on the company for castrating the truck!!
Absolutely despicable and inconsiderate, for numerous reasons. Nothing worse than the catch, but can't pass scenario. A brief 1 or 2 second "courtesy pause" makes life better for everyone. Sadly courtesy is as rare as common sense these days.

Stryker and General Lee are different brands of radios, my General Lee is exactly like a old Galaxy 77. Unfortunately, Galaxy quit making the 77 so if you want something comparable it’s the General Lee. I ran a 77 for years...

Yep, I can remember going up the road with several of us along with a few Con-Way guys, a few Estes guys, and a few Buster Brown guys all talking BS like knew each other our whole lives....never met a stranger and if you needed anything, anybody would stop to help regardless of what company they drove for!!

Aw yes, the good ole days...back when men were men and the sheep were scared!!

The Galaxy was always too rich for my (cheap) blood. The Cobra 29 was a step up for me. Then the addition of a Silver Eagle 200 was a BIG step up, for me.

Now it sits on a shelf in the garage, waiting to be called into emergency action if/when new tech fails...

eJbvJzM.jpg

The Galaxy was always too rich for my (cheap) blood. The Cobra 29 was a step up for me. Then the addition of a Silver Eagle 200 was a BIG step up, for me.

Now it sits on a shelf in the garage, waiting to be called into emergency action if/when new tech fails...

eJbvJzM.jpg
Nothing wrong with a Cobra 29 other than lacking the ability to get to “other” channels and no echo board. Back in the day we used to run “double low 4” to get away from all of the noise and you could talk for longer distances due to lack of interference...then you could add a little “fire in the wire” (such as the Silver Eagle) and talk forever...almost!!

I was always a fan of Davemade’s myself, I would walk all over those Texas Star wannabes!! :1036316054:

Absolutely despicable and inconsiderate, for numerous reasons. Nothing worse than the catch, but can't pass scenario. A brief 1 or 2 second "courtesy pause" makes life better for everyone. Sadly courtesy is as rare as common sense these days.

Never be above being the bigger - professional!?!...

Never be above being the bigger - professional!?!...

No doubt! Only time I won’t back out of it is if I’m going up a hill, less of course a big truck is blocking a ridiculous amount of traffic, then I would have to reconsider.
Biggest offenders of buttholizm are Canadian trucks. They’ll go slow enough for u to catch ‘em, then they’ll mash on it and try and keep u out there.

No doubt! Only time I won’t back out of it is if I’m going up a hill, less of course a big truck is blocking a ridiculous amount of traffic, then I would have to reconsider.
Biggest offenders of buttholizm are Canadian trucks. They’ll go slow enough for u to catch ‘em, then they’ll mash on it and try and keep u out there.

The psychology of the road... Why would someone do that? I look over and it's always the same guy. I don't think they even know what they're doing half the time...

THIS!
If you were going slow even by accident, keep going slow.
Everytime I go through Michigan I have this problem with the Indians/Pakis.
So inconsiderate. I let down and they slow down... retards.

eJbvJzM.jpg
Hey Swamp can't tell by the picture BUT where's your "Fuzz Buster" ? You know the ones with the big amber light.

Nothing wrong with a Cobra 29 other than lacking the ability to get to “other” channels and no echo board. Back in the day we used to run “double low 4” to get away from all of the noise and you could talk for longer distances due to lack of interference...then you could add a little “fire in the wire” (such as the Silver Eagle) and talk forever...almost!!

I was always a fan of Davemade’s myself, I would walk all over those Texas Star wannabes!! :1036316054:

I ran a Cobra 29, but with Galaxy 99 finals, a Connex board, talk back, and completed by a 100 watt "Texas kicker" on top. I used to be able to dead key in the truck stop and turn my neighbors television off.
:438:

But my all time favorite radio was my Galaxy 33 with 99 finals. It was a sweet talker with built in echo and talk back.