Coming soon:

NEW: Tonight
CLT: Wed Nov 19th
RCH: Fri Nov 21st
LOU: Wed. Nov 26th

Correct me if wrong, please! :smilie93C_peelout: Thanks nakedmongoose1

Last edited by a moderator:
When can we expect a date for SNW?
I know you have told us that you do contract work for both non and union companies. Not sure what that with is and don't particularly care, also by your name that you are a ex union member of local 396. With all that being said, I have to wonder, why do you care when SNW may vote for. Just asking as you don't have a dog in this hunt, so don't take it personal.

Can't a man be curious? I know it killed the cat...

I wish they would all vote tomorrow and get it over with, one way or the other. The uncertainty can't be fun for those directly involved. With the letter that was posted regarding the petition to withdraw the vote I am specifically curious about this centers' vote.

I know you have told us that you do contract work for both non and union companies.

Partially correct, just to clarify before someone else gets their proverbial panties in a bunch. The company I work for has contracts with union and non-union LTL carriers alike. They also do work for union and non-union carriers that aren't on a contractual basis (in the vein that many here like to define a "contract").

There is at least one more missing but I can't post that yet. In due time there will be more on the list. Keep the cards coming folks.

I wish they would all vote tomorrow and get it over with, one way or the other. The uncertainty can't be fun for those directly involved. With the letter that was posted regarding the petition to withdraw the vote I am specifically curious about this centers' vote.

Seems perfectly plausible that a few of the 35% (or so) who did not sign cards to petition, may have sent letters... We all know what effect a few letters would have. NONE.

Seems perfectly plausible that a few of the 35% (or so) who did not sign cards to petition, may have sent letters... We all know what effect a few letters would have. NONE.

The story I heard is that 51 of the 79 drivers signed a petition. If true, while it may not have a legal effect, I imagine the Local wouldn't be thrilled with receiving a letter with that many signatures. The real effect is the local may not be too excited to have an election. A postponed election would certainly be better than a lop-sided NO vote in the eyes of the union supporters.

So the story should end with 28 yes votes and 51 no votes when we hear the results. Any variation of more then a couple of votes from this will take a large bit of credibility from the story and poster. Why go through all drama of a we don't want to vote petition when you could just let the election play out and speak for itself. It smacks of a scare tactic.

So the story should end with 28 yes votes and 51 no votes when we hear the results. Any variation of more then a couple of votes from this will take a large bit of credibility from the story and poster. Why go through all drama of a we don't want to vote petition when you could just let the election play out and speak for itself. It smacks of a scare tactic.

Within an acceptable tolerance, yes it should be a pretty solid NO. Look at the terminals that have recently petitioned for representation, both CNWY and FedEx, why aren't they all passing? Clearly some people sign cards and then vote NO. Same logic can be made that some will have signed this petition and then vote YES. When folks have the ability to voice their opinion anonymously the outcome is often a bit different.

It may smack of scare tactic, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Has the local acknowledged receiving a petition? When is the local going to announce a date for the vote?

Have you attended any of the company meetings? The anti union buster is preaching real hard and a lot of young ones are drinking the Kool-aid. His last meeting actually hurt the company and got more cards signed at our place. The buster that visited us danced around every question without giving an actual answer from multiple people at different meeting times. I was able to pose 3 questions before being cut off and never received an answer. Despite there being nobody else willing to speak up I was cut off from asking any more questions and the meeting abruptly ended because he knew I was going to prove the pro union case.

Have you attended any of the company meetings? The anti union buster is preaching real hard and a lot of young ones are drinking the Kool-aid. His last meeting actually hurt the company and got more cards signed at our place. The buster that visited us danced around every question without giving an actual answer from multiple people at different meeting times. I was able to pose 3 questions before being cut off and never received an answer. Despite there being nobody else willing to speak up I was cut off from asking any more questions and the meeting abruptly ended because he knew I was going to prove the pro union case.

Was it Scott R.?

And why does it even matter to you? What will you do when all this action is over? BTW Muler and canaryinthemine would love to chat with you over in the ABF forum, why are you hiding here?

And why does it even matter to you? What will you do when all this action is over? BTW Muler and canaryinthemine would love to chat with you over in the ABF forum, why are you hiding here?

Why does it matter to you abfer?

Last edited by a moderator:

I know good people employed at FedEx and Con-Way, that's why it matters to me. As to what I will do when all this action is over; likely find some other interesting topic to debate I'm certain. I'm not hiding from Muler or canaryinthemine, I just don't spend much time over on the ABF forum because I don't know anybody that works there that I give a rats' ass about. ABF is a client of ours, but now that CF is gone ABF is right there with YRC as one of the largest ****holes of a LTL. Crappiest attitudes, filthiest terminals, whiney group filing petty grievances one after another. I sure would hate to see FedEx or Con-Way compete for those honors.

Seniority bothers bossy people, doesn't it?

Seems to me that the preferential treatment that sometimes comes with seniority bothers people who believe you have to continue to earn your keep. Simply how long you have collected a paycheck from a particular employee isn't exactly continuing to earn your keep.